Where To Buy A Proper Rowing Machine

A distributor sells the Concept II in Bangkok but you're talking in the region of 70k. The model D is around $900 from the factory in Vermont and Fedex quoted about $600 for delivery (about 350 a year ago). Thai customs should be 10% CIF, so around $1650 or 49k. If you could get it in under the radar without using Fedex et al, you'd be laughing.

I imported a very good one from Holland.

Costs:

Machine: 395 Euro

Air to Chiang Mai: 205 Euro

Import duty: 10% of both

VAT 7%

Much cheaper, much better machine (dont pay for the brand like Tunturi etc.)

Tarad in Bangkok sells Tunturi. Google for tunturi Thailand.

Succes!

If you were after a Concept II rowing machine, I would do what JackR recommends and email Concept in the USA. I believe there is no registered supplier in Thailand, and as such can sell you one direct. The guys in the office will get back to you with the prices, also the different delivery options and prices.

I went down this route a few years back and is much cheaper than buying one from BKK.

Hope all works out for you.

Mickmac

P.S. You will have to have the tax in cash to pay the delivery guy, who then forwards it to the relevant tax authority.

dont know where you live. Corner of pattaya tai and sukemvit in pattaya

Live in Hua Hin, but was there last week at that store, I think what they had was (not sure brand name) but it was selling for around 39,000 THB

Edited by PingManDan

Posted 2011-03-25 14:15:57

I just called a place in Bangkok and with a "40% discount" it would cost 102000 baht :annoyed: For a Concept 2 E model that costs $1260 in the U.S :whistling: Think I will shelve the idea of buying one until I win the lottery :unsure:

Posted 2011-03-25 14:15:57

I just called a place in Bangkok and with a "40% discount" it would cost 102000 baht :annoyed: For a Concept 2 E model that costs $1260 in the U.S :whistling: Think I will shelve the idea of buying one until I win the lottery :unsure:

What I told before... import yourself!

get you self down to any local farm..not only will the locals be glad of the help...rolleyes.gif

! or 2 seasons of working planting and then harvesting rice you will be in the best est shape of your liferolleyes.gif

• 8 years later...