Kasikorn Bank Cyber Banking Ots Via Sms

onionluke

Hello ,

I would like to know of a mobile phone company that can provide an international roaming service, that would enable me to recieve the "on the spot " password when using Kasikorn cyber banking . The bank sends them out by SMS . I am currently in a small town up country and have tried the TOT office to no avail . I will fly out of Thailand on Friday morning and I am pushed for time.

Thank you in advance for any pointers .

Luke

Hi Onion.

I use Kasikorn from here in Amman, I have changed the OTP method to a PIN 2 method. This requires you to have the OTP facility available once and then after that instead of using the OTP to confirm the transaction just use the 2nd PIN. It is a little less secure, but still OK as I do get emails of all transactions so would be aware of any wrong transactions.

In fact I have just come off the phone from the bank as I had changed my PIN2 PWD on leaving Thailand last time and had forgotten it. (Therir new rules forced me to change)

A few questions and a new password was set up by email.

My big complaint is the restrictions Kasikorn place on the PIN2 PWD It has to be between 10 and 12 characters and no consecutive numbers (1,2,3) or letters (ABC) etc

This makes the life of a hacker MUCH easier if writing a program to try all options.

To answer your question, I can use my AIS SIM here to get the SMS on roaming but it is not always reliable and some messages get 'lost'

Edited by thaimite

Hi Onion.

I use Kasikorn from here in Amman, I have changed the OTP method to a PIN 2 method. This requires you to have the OTP facility available once and then after that instead of using the OTP to confirm the transaction just use the 2nd PIN. It is a little less secure, but still OK as I do get emails of all transactions so would be aware of any wrong transactions.

In fact I have just come off the phone from the bank as I had changed my PIN2 PWD on leaving Thailand last time and had forgotten it. (Therir new rules forced me to change)

My big complaint is the restrictions Kasikorn place on the PIN2 PWD It has to be between 10 and 12 characters and no consecutive numbers (1,2,3) or letters (ABC) etc

This makes the life of a hacker MUCH easier if writing a program to try all options.

Ta Thaimait ,

I believe it takes about 5 days to set up , so was looking at a roaming line .

How's the dessert treating you ? B)

Luke

Hi Onion.

Ta Thaimait ,

Luke

No

Set up is instant as long as you are on line with SMS ability. I did mine in BKK 15 minutes before going to the airport.

Go to the main page, edit my profile, on the top right then change security settings on the left. It may also take a phone call to the bank I am not sure.

By the way I use Skype to call them when I have a problem so that is easy too.

Desert is OK, but also have had a recent invitation to apply for a position closer to home. Only problem is I am not keen on Curry but the money would be better

Can you ask the "Fat Lady" to send me some beers?

Edited by thaimite

Hi Onion.

Ta Thaimait ,

Luke

No

Set up is instant as long as you are on line with SMS ability. I did mine in BKK 15 minutes before going to the airport.

Go to the main page, edit my profile, on the top right then change security settings on the left. It may also take a phone call to the bank I am not sure.

Desert is OK, but also have had a recent invitation to apply for a position closer to home. Only problem is I am not keen on Curry but the money would be better

I will pop in to see the Bar Lord later .

I did a bit of hoof work yer and it has transpired that my 1 2 call sim has a roaming facility that can be activated by calling 1175 .

Onions .

Hi Onion.

Ta Thaimait ,

Luke

No

I will pop in to see the Bar Lord later .

I did a bit of hoof work yer and it has transpired that my 1 2 call sim has a roaming facility that can be activated by calling 1175 .

Onions .

I have 1 2 cll and roaming. It is annoying hough to have to change sims every time want to do a bank transaction which obviously means I am doing too many bank transactions.

otherwise it works OK, I am just wary of messages not being delivered or taking several minutes which is another reson for prefering the PIN 2 method