Mobile Phone Stolen - Police Doesn'T Do Anything

A Thai person, who is close to me, was robbed yesterday when the mobile phone was taken. There were arguments and 'boxing'. The police being notified said that the culprit/matter would be dealt with 'tomorrow'. (Right.) Reason for the robberey was supposedly, that a work colleague of my friend had bought (illegal) lottery tickets, telling the seller that my friend "would pay for them". However, there was never such an agreement made. My question is, what can you do when you get robbed, but the police doesn't help? Use force yourself to get the mobile back? (The robber can be found each day at the same place.)

My friend has the idea of asking the boss to 'cut the money owed from the work colleague's pay'. Well, that will work...

Hi '007' what to do? You, or should I say your friend can do lots of things if the police won't act; you can, or best your Thai friend offer one of Thailand's finest, (BIB) a reward for the return of said phone…. A 1000 Baht should do it, or walk away,stop dripping about it and get on with your life and coming in last, but not least, if the cop won't play ball and you can't untangle your pants about this, find said 'work friend' and beat the living shit out of the scummy fecker, and take anything of worth off him, I would also inform the 'work friend' he will be receiving a physical every day until the phone is returned.

I would never normally advocate physical violence, but this is one 'work friend' that needs educating.

Edited by Tonto21

We'll try the 'police option' again today. If to no avail, we'll try to find out the residence of the person who snatched the phone violently, trying to 1) get the phone back, or 2) get whatever valuables this scumbag woman (lottery ticket seller) has in her shack in order to recover the price of the phone. :bah:

I really hate to act like I'm in the jungle, but jungle law is obviously the rule of the land here. :realangry:

Edited by 007

The title should read, of course, 'Mobile Phone Robbed...'. Either it was my Freudian error, or the words were changed somehow... :whistling:

I hope the feelings of the phone where not badly bruised, maybe buy the phone a some flowers.

The title should read, of course, 'Mobile Phone Robbed...'. Either it was my Freudian error, or the words were changed somehow... :whistling:

I hope the feelings of the phone where not badly bruised, maybe buy the phone a some flowers.

A get well soon card may go a long way as well...

Well, 'Mobile phone violently snatched by illegal lottery criminal because of outstanding debts of co-worker and false promises...' was too long and would not have fit into the topic field... ;)

Well, 'Mobile phone violently snatched by illegal lottery criminal because of outstanding debts of co-worker and false promises...' was too long and would not have fit into the topic field... ;)

Mobile phone robbed actually sounds more dramatic.

Well I think I realize the problem...

As per the below post, the BiB will only be cracking down on Crime between 1-7 July, so I guess this explains their unwillingness to help yesterday, as it was only 30 June...

I trust that they will be falling over themselves to help you today...:wacko:

Thai Police Crackdown on Crime 1-7 July

Edited by CWMcMurray

007. Can't this "Thai Person" solve this problem without involving you, a Farang? :rolleyes:

Agree. This sounds like a personal squabble between two adults (allegedly). No way the police should be involved in this. Are you freakin serious?

Sounds like the phone was of value. If thats the case, it should have pin number security to get in the phone. Was this not activated. This would of made the phone worthless. You should know this being secret service. (The names Bond, James Bond. 007 licence to kill.) :lol: Thats why there getting you involved as a falang.

Edited by dean999

Why should the police make a priority over a stolen mobile phone?

A stolen phone is so common these days, it has almost become a national hobby.

Not only in this country.

Anyone had a break in to the appartment house back in the old land?

Call it in and the police ask if anyone is hurt. If nobody is hurt, they will send someone there when they have the available resources.

Which can be days.

Taking this and add it with the corruption we find here, again, why would thre Police make a priority of it?

I bet he can not prove the the colleague stole the phone so it would be word against words.

Indeed - the police have bigger fish to fry than chasing down ever stolen cellphone in Thailand. Go down to the police station and make a report.Then - call your insurance company.

Indeed - the police have bigger fish to fry than chasing down ever stolen cellphone in Thailand. Go down to the police station and make a report.Then - call your insurance company.

I think the OP is not the one who got robbed. :rolleyes:

Illegal lottery rackets at least protected if not run by organised crime . . . hence police inaction, even if they could be arsed.

Assuming that your story contains no porky pies (of any origin), my advice would be to stay well clear of the vendor and recover the loss from the work colleague.

Edited by Trembly

Just some info for all.

HOW TO DISABLE A STOLEN MOBILE PHONE.

To check your mobile phone serial number, key in the following digits on your mobile phone.

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset.

Write it down and keep it some where safe.

If your handset gets stolen, you phone your service provider and give them this code.

They will then be able to block your handset, so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you get satisfaction knowing that whoever stole it can't use it or sell it either.

If everyone did this, there would be no point in stealing mobile phones. :D

Edited by OZEMADE