Army School For Nephew

happyjune

I have a 15you Nephew who both separated parents cant or don't want to look after him, dad is in a dysfunctional new relationship and mum, well the good Mr Jesus has mum in some kind devotion that she shall not care for her son, all his grand parents have kicked him out, and 2 others attempts including the bible bashers boyfriend who she happily booms booms kicked him out as well, big family pressure for him to come live with us, we "trailed" it over the last Sonkran holidays, it was a complete fail, caused us massive problems, but we still looked after him for some 3 months.

He is honestly not all screwed up yet, a very lonely confused boy, but it s not up to me to take him on, I have enough problems with bloody family whistling.gifblink.gif

I heard somewhere, and I can not remember where dam_n it, that the army has a school, would be perfect for him.

Any suggestion?

June rolleyes.gif

If he becomes a novice monk he will get an education. He might even get really into it and not want to leave (not uncommon).

Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School. Predictably, entrance is extremely competitive but if he can pull this one out of the bag and go on to be accepted in one of the officer training academies he will be sorted for life!

Edited by Trembly

If he becomes a novice monk he will get an education. He might even get really into it and not want to leave (not uncommon).

Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School. Predictably, entrance is extremely competitive but if he can pull this one out of the bag and go on to be accepted in one of the officer training academies he will be sorted for life!

Triam Taharn is an exceptional school but brutally hard to get into. Classes are as large as other government schools and if a student matriculates from TT to CRMA he probably will be set for life. Nakhon Nayok where the school is located is beautiful. The thing is this isn't like sending your kid off to a military school "back home" because he is a screw-up. This place only takes kids with real potential and the grades to back it up. Getting a recommendation from a local big shot helps but does not assure a student a place there.

Borstal? Prison? He could learn a trade at the same time...

In seriousness, I have a lot of sympathym but not a lot I can helpfully say. It is frustrating when one is left metaphorically holding a baby that one does not feel responsible for. I had a similar situation at work recently (on a far more trivial note) and I did a little more than I wished to, and then handed it over to the person that I felt should be dealing with it, saying "This is the date - talk to this person; bye" and they took it up and handled it very well. In the same vein, maybe you should give the boy his bus fare to the relevant parental figure, the correspondence to date, and say "phone me in three months to let me know how it is going"; I kno w- easy for me to say, not so easy to do... and I don't need to ask "What could possibly go wrong?"

The point is, Uncles are supposed to drop by every now and then, sort out a commission in the army or the family business, slip him a box of condoms, and put up the bail money when necessary - and that's all!

Very best wishes. On an entirely out-field note; how can he help you with your other family (or is that 'other family') issues? Maybe looking at things from a different perspective might cast things in a new light?

SC

Good luck!

I have seen the Temple option work well with my two step sons,

but don't abandon the boy there.

He will still need family support, and possibly come home in the school

holidays, returning to the Temple when term starts again.

As far as I know there are no Army schools in the way you are thinking.

Only entrance to the real Armed Forces, which is requires good academic marks and

is heavily contested, as already mentioned.