Coke In A Bag?

Warhammer820

Downside of using the coke in a bag is that the ice melts and makes the coke watery. Downside of using a coke in a bottle is that it can get hotter faster. If i buy a coke it is not going to last long so i would rather drink it while i'm driving and place it down when i am driving (something i can't do with a bag). To each his own i guess.

A bottle of warm coke or a plastic bay with ice and a straw, your choice. Jim

i'm not confused about that. I'm confused about why they put coke in bags. i just think it would be more logical to put coke in a plastic cup with ice than a bag. That way you do not have to always hold it.

Plastic bags can be used for take out food too. No body wants hot food in a cheap soda cup. Plastic is a money saver.

It is better in a cup, especially if sitting at a table at the food court (I think they use cups too.) But it is the money war against tradition. When the manufacturer's of cups can under cut the plastic marketer's then tradition will change. Plastic bags will become obsolete. Maybe in 50 years you will see a plastic bag in the Thai Museum?

It is much easier for the vendor to carry plastic bags than to carry cups.

By the way, I've had coke in a bag, and it could be placed on the ground. (Actually, I put it on a table, who sits on the dirty ground?) There was so much ice in it that the ice created enough structural integrity to maintain the bag in a vertical position.

without plastic bags there would not be as much litter (or pollution when they burn them) ,, Thailand just wouldn't look the same without plastic rubbish everywhere ,,,,,,,

its criminal what they do to such a delightful drink ,, :whistling:

egg

i think i paid a total of 12 baht for a small drink in a cup Big C.Not sure what the cost is for a bag, but i'm fine with the 12 baht

Plastic bags are cheaper than cups.

Have GF's sister selling cold/hot drinks with cart on street.

She asks +5 baht for drink in cup!

Edited by Warhammer820

I used to wonder about the coke in the plastic bag also. Years ago one day I ask a seller before she poured the coke in the bag if I could have my coke in the bottle she said no problem but 2 baht more. I amnot sure about now but back then it was pure economics.They could sell it for less if given in a bag. They could keep the bottle for refund. Also Thais like their cold drinks in lots of ice.

Friends of mine who own vendor franchises tell me cups and spoons are a major expense for vendors and when they can reduce these costs they do.

So next time you want your coke in a bottle just cough up an extra 2 baht and you have it.

only ever seen bags offered in 'Takeaway' situations. I guess the bag with a straw is ideal for hanging off your Mirrors on the Motorcy along with all the other Takeaway stuff .

You'd struggle with a Cup , an Umbrella and a Mobile phone, unless your an Octopus :)

Bags are easy to carry. When you're getting take away you can carry several bags of drinks in one hand a bunch of food in the other. They also don't take up much room for a small vendor on the street.

You want to really blow your mind, you should see milk in a bag like they sell in Canada :lol:

Why in the world would thai people put coke in a bag?

Just so you know it is not Thai centric. Most of Asia, or at least SEA, do the same. PIs, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. Seem to remember it in India but was too long ago to be certain.

In the old days coke came in a little ziplock baggie. which was small enough to fit in your wallet....!!!! Or that little pocket in your Levi's... I always wondered what that pocket was for.

Edited by Patsycat

Plastic bag safer than glass. Easy to handle and never cut your mouth. Cost less and no flat tire. But plastc can cause cancer, so what's easier?

You so funny!:cheesy:

You obviously never got the memo…….Thailand banned H&S some time ago as it makes people ‘fink too much’

Why are canned drinks in bags?……………….It's simple……………………..Money, each can is worth 50 sadang as scrap. Drink traders don't want you walking off

with there second income.

Edited by Tonto21

Why anyone drinks Coke/Pepsi is beyond me its a very bad substance to put into your body 39 grams of sugar per can

" In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment.)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

> 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

> 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn’t the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/12/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

Why anyone drinks Coke/Pepsi is beyond me its a very bad substance to put into your body 39 grams of sugar per can

" In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there's plenty of that at this particular moment.)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

> 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

> 60 minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you're a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It's the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas."

http://articles.merc...ing-a-coke.aspx

Great! I WAS about to have a SangSom and coke, (sun is well over the yard arm)…………….Thanks 'bartender100' always with the bad news.

Help me out here, is it true that if you drink coke with liberal amounts of alcohol, the wholesome goodness of the alcohol will cancel out the badness of the coke? I know I'm clutching here!

Edited by Tonto21

" In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there's plenty of that at this particular moment.)

> 60 minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you're a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It's the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas."

http://articles.merc...ing-a-coke.aspx

Great! I WAS about to have a SangSom and coke, (sun is well over the yard arm)…………….Thanks 'bartender100' always with the bad news.

Help me out here, is it true that if you drink coke with liberal amounts of alcohol, the wholesome goodness of the alcohol will cancel out the badness of the coke? I know I'm clutching here!

Try Sangsom and soda water, i always prefer Jack/soda, you get used to the less sugary taste quickly