• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Sending Money To Thailand

Hi I wish to send money to Thailand on a regular basis for the upkeep of my kids but I do not truse my ex enough for her to have a uk bank card as it would have to be in my name.

However I have herd recently that there are dual prepayment cards wher she has one and I have one and I credit my card in the uk and she can draw the money in Thailand.

Do these really exist as I cant find any the internet.

Many thanks......slippery

Let's move this over to the banking forum.

I had to do this several years ago. What worked for me was to open a separate savings account at my bank. I then automatically transferred a small amount of money each month to that account. Here in Thailand, that amount could be withdrawn after the deposit date. They had my card, but only a small amount was deposited.

Look for Fairfx, it worked for me as you described.

Not as good now, as they have introduced an ATM withdrawal charge of £1.

Travelex Cash Passport Globe is best for the needs of the OP.

Of course the card can be used to purchase goods in shops/supermarkets, which help to avoid the Thai ATM 150 baht charge.

Sorry but i would have to disagree with the Travelex recomendation. The exchange rates are well down from the going daily XE rates or even bank exchange rates and this is where Travelex make good profit. I had one and never again. I now use a credit card with no foreign fees that can be preloaded the same way as travelex and they give the current days XE rates , i just use it as a credit card because of their horrendous interest rates they charge. . of course there are the Thai bankATM fees that are difficult to avoide if u need cash .