Norwegian/Thai Support Group.

dutchy124

Hi all,

I would be grateful if someone can help me in tracking down the Norwegian/Thai support group based in Thailand. I think there is a branch in Pattaya so I have posted on that forum as well. They, I am told help track down citizens who have children here by a Thai girl, but then disappear and do not support the child. An email address or phone number would be great thanks, preferably Thai speaking.

All the best

Dutchy

If you have some legal papers from court or..... try going to Immigration and getting them to check on the man's address on his TM card when he arrived, or when he changed his address, if he notified Immigration.

Then.... no kidding, try the social networking sites, full of info, lots of people post way too much information about themselves.

Best of luck to you

Is this in relation to Norwegians that have been in a relationship with a Thai girl for a long time, had a baby and done a runner just like Thai men do, or is it because a bar girl got pregnant to a temporary boyfriend, and the Norwegian is the only one she can remember?

I wouldn't have thought there were enough Norwegian men living long time in Thailand to need their very own organisation dedicated to tracking them down.

Is this in relation to Norwegians that have been in a relationship with a Thai girl for a long time, had a baby and done a runner just like Thai men do, or is it because a bar girl got pregnant to a temporary boyfriend, and the Norwegian is the only one she can remember?

I wouldn't have thought there were enough Norwegian men living long time in Thailand to need their very own organisation dedicated to tracking them down.

It is in the genes of the Norwegians to impregnate as many as possible.

Going all the way back to the Viking age.

:P

Just out of curiosity, is dutchy124 (OP) Dutch or Norwegian?

;)

I am Welsh. Dutchy is just a nickname from school.

The girl I wrote this post for is a Thai who worked in Phuket, meet a Norwegian, they set up house together and she had a baby, he then went bacvk to Norway to work and did send money for a few months, then suddenly stopped and cannot be reached on his phone numbers back in Norway. I read in a local paper sometime ago about the support group so I know it does exist.

Thanks for the help.

Dutchy.

I am Welsh. Dutchy is just a nickname from school.

The girl I wrote this post for is a Thai who worked in Phuket, meet a Norwegian, they set up house together and she had a baby, he then went bacvk to Norway to work and did send money for a few months, then suddenly stopped and cannot be reached on his phone numbers back in Norway. I read in a local paper sometime ago about the support group so I know it does exist.

Thanks for the help.

Dutchy.

If she knows his full name, it would be easy to track him down.

Norway is actually among the most "monitored" countries.

If a Norwegian move, it is the law to report the new address, thus it is very difficult to be invisible to the system.

The tax system makes also sure of this (employed or not).

Furthermore, Norway is extremely strict about the fathers paying for their children.

So if she knows his full name (and last known address), she probably can file for child support via the Embassy.

If he denies, the samples will be arranged for.