Thaksin Allies In Thai Election Landslide: Exit Polls

webfact

I can only say: hahahahhahahahhhahahhahhahahhahhaha.

Lets hope the major hate website will be banned.

Its beautiful when the day you waited for has arrived.

P.S. And into prison for life with Abhisit, filthy desk murderer.

Ohh and ofcourse also many lawyers, judges, generals and politicians, long list. But lmao, victory has arrived.

Oh. You're against websites being blocked when they're inciting violence, but a website discussing Thailand news should be banned.

Yay for red democracy.

dont worry all will see light under great big brother Taksin. We will all be forgiven for trangesing against him but will receive his absolution (for a small payment)

Don't worry a lot of people were packing their bags to leave if this happened. For some they are unpacking and looking forward

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh and ofcourse also many lawyers, judges, generals and politicians, long list. But lmao, victory has arrived.

you sound drunk with victory

be fair only now do I see the true light and lies made by that murderer Abhisit and all filthy heathens who supported him. He was clearly the evil and Taksin is clearly the saviour. Ive seen light brother and wish like brother above id seen it earlier

CNN calls it a landslide, BBC called it a landslide. Maybe you should go educate them about politics too. Puea Thai won over 50% out of 40 political parties across Thailand. When you take all other 39 parties together, they can't even reach Puea Thai.

It has just been revised to 259, by the way, for Puea Thai. The Democrats at 120.

I'm sorry, it's a landslide when the difference between the 1st and the 2nd is over 100% more.

I agree, a LANDSLIDE. No doubt. But was it won legally? DOUBT. I am talking about the ILLEGAL role of Thaksin.

What are you saying exactly that Thaksin shouldn't be allowed to talk to his little sister about politics and give her a few tips.

Of course not - he is evil.

He may be evil to you but his little sister would disagree.

Oh. You're against websites being blocked when they're inciting violence, but a website discussing Thailand news should be banned.

Yay for red democracy.

dont worry all will see light under great big brother Taksin. We will all be forgiven for trangesing against him but will receive his absolution (for a small payment)

Revenge my friend, its time for revenge and I hope they will turn this into a genuine revolution. If they don't the elite will grab power once again. Its time for the common soldiers to rise.

im with you 100% let our friends go on pillage again and once and for all get rid of devil Abahsit and all who follow him. Long live our saviour Taksin and long may he reign supreme.

255 seats out of 500 is not a landslide. It's a slight majority. Please learn about the English language. It's a great thing when used correctly.

CNN calls it a landslide, BBC called it a landslide. Maybe you should go educate them about politics too. Puea Thai won over 50% out of 40 political parties across Thailand. When you take all other 39 parties together, they can't even reach Puea Thai.

It has just been revised to 259, by the way, for Puea Thai. The Democrats at 120.

I'm sorry, it's a landslide when the difference between the 1st and the 2nd is over 100% more.

Most definitions of "election landslide" mention an overwhelming majority. This was hardly an overwhelming majority.

Whats a landslide then? More then half of the Thai people are sick of Abhisit and the ruling junta and for the fourth time they show it. I think the Puea Thai learned their lesson this time and sent into excile all which gave them hard times, or better not sent into excile, sometimes its best to silence people once and for all, an eye for an eye... If they didn't learn their lesson the vested powers will stage another coup and install the next military junta. They have to turn tables once and for all.

I can only say to those tourists that always complain about Thaksin: YAWN.

Edited by Egalite

no they wont,the law will now play out.like it or not.

enjoy yourself

... pssst Don Mueang is shut now. It closed last week ....... called Mickey taking

You'd better tell that to the passengers and the pilots of all the planes that are still using it.

Most definitions of "election landslide" mention an overwhelming majority. This was hardly an overwhelming majority.

Whats a landslide then? More then half of the Thai people are sick of Abhisit and the ruling junta and for the fourth time they show it. I think the Puea Thai learned their lesson this time and sent into excile all which gave them hard times, or better not sent into excile, sometimes its best to silence people once and for all. If they didn't learn their lesson the vested powers will stage another coup and install the next military junta. They have to turn tables once and for all.

I can only say to those tourists that always complain about Thaksin: YAWN.

Trouble reading?

Just more THAN half is not a landslide. It's a victory, but only just.

I think he was banned for 5 years so it's about expired by now, as for them talking, well somehow i think they do, and will be doing a lot of talking from now on.

Oh and don't forget that she calls herself a clone of Thaksin too.

He was banned in May 2007. So another 12 months.

But he can't become an MP (and therefore PM) because he's been found guilty of a crime.

Banned or not, it's irrelevant, he's achieved his goal by Yingluck's victory.

He wasn't going to even try and get back to Thailand and get into politics.

255 seats out of 500 is not a landslide. It's a slight majority. Please learn about the English language. It's a great thing when used correctly.

Are you mad? They got a huge majority of the vote with the other god knows how many parties sharing the rest of the electorate. Get real!

:lol:

How many times did he quit politics? And you still believe him?

and as for Iran .... sorry you have either lost me or the plot here but possibly both

You might want to do a little reading or research. Iran's last voting results where not different in terms of their corrupt leaders buying off the rural/poor villager votes through handouts designed to keep them poor and uneducated and dependent on these corrupt leaders.

Although Thailand is not facing the same scenario that Cambodia was when the Khmer Rouge instituted radical policies ... a similar situation may not be far off in Thailand in terms of wanting to dumb down the population. Thaksin clearly has always wanted to be an absolute ruler whose Kingdom depends on his generosity as opposed to allowing individuals to be self-sufficient. Having the poor uneducated dependent in the North allows him to stay (regain) power but it doesn't give him the ultimate rule he claims. He will never have this as long as there is a large number of educated people in Thailand. We already know Thaksin is one of the most elite Thais there has every been but he despises other elites because they prevent him from having complete rule.

Are you mad? They got a huge majority of the vote with the other god knows how many parties sharing the rest of the electorate. Get real!

They got JUST over 50% of the vote. They might be the biggest party, but that isn't a huge majority.

you sound drunk with victory

be fair only now do I see the true light and lies made by that murderer Abhisit and all filthy heathens who supported him. He was clearly the evil and Taksin is clearly the saviour. Ive seen light brother and wish like brother above id seen it earlier

You speak evily of those who don't love your savior. Evil words; maybe your savior is Satan. My savior, Jesus Christ, said. "love those who hate you".

Yes, they're mad. Mad because they've been rooting for the losers for the past few years. And mad that the fact they've been spreading that most Thais don't want Thaksin was a big fat lie. The truth is that Thais have chosen Thaksin as they have in the previous elections. The Democrats have now lost every single election for the past nearly 20 years. They have spoken, please respect it.

:jap:

But the few mad foreigners here won't bother the Thai people.

Why bother :cheesy:

OK do it the easy way ..... who got more votes? who won? you can called green moon cheese slide but the bottom line is Yingluck beat Abhisit BIG time. Jog on.

We weren't talking about who won. We were talking about land slides. Jog on.

She'd have won with 35% of the seats so over 50% is a landslide

OK do it the easy way ..... who got more votes? who won? you can called green moon cheese slide but the bottom line is Yingluck beat Abhisit BIG time. Jog on.

Exactly HOW would she have won with 35% of the seats? Don't you need a majority to win?

They got JUST over 50% of the vote. They might be the biggest party, but that isn't a huge majority.

This went from:

- The Democrats will win the election

..to..

- Puea Thai is leading the opinion polls, but they don't mean anything.

..to..

- The Democrats will win the election, just wait for election day.

..to..

- The exit polls are misleading.

..to..

- The Democrats are winning Bangkok, the South, East, West.

..to..

- Ok, Puea Thai is ahead, but not all the votes have yet been counted.

..to..

- Ok, Puea Thai won. But not by a lot. Just over 50%.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Just face it, it hurts less that way and you'll eventually get over it.

:cheesy:

Congratulations to the PTP.

Lets hope the Dems can act as effective opposition and keep them honest. If only they were the two main players in this soap opera, there would be hope for the short-medium term in Thailand.

:lol:

How many times did he quit politics? And you still believe him?

Believe him in what?

All im saying is that he achieved his goal by getting his sister elected which is the next best

thing than himself.

Love him or loathe him, the man gets things done even when all the odds are against him.

One thing that you can't deny is his intelligence in achieving success.

This went from:

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Just face it, it hurts less that way and you'll eventually get over it.

You couldn't write it

but he has haha :D

I agree, a LANDSLIDE. No doubt. But was it won legally? DOUBT. I am talking about the ILLEGAL role of Thaksin.

What are you saying exactly that Thaksin shouldn't be allowed to talk to his little sister about politics and give her a few tips.

"If" he is banned from politics then the answer is obvious. (However, i am not sure if his ban has expired .. also not sure if being a fugitive automatically constitutes a ban)

I personally hope they do a lot of talking and that security forces legally record any conversations. It will make it easy to bring a case against his sister for everything from aiding a fugitive to improper relationships with a wanted terrorist and what ever other charges can be brought for pretending to be a servant of the people of Thailand but truly only acting in the interests of a wanted criminal.

Sooner or later the poor people of Thailand must be educated and not continually be bought off and in debt through loans by a corrupt thug whose only interest is to keep the poor in debt and reliant on his loans instead of allowing them to be self-sufficient.

These election results are no different than what we saw happen in Iran. It is sad to say but sometimes democracy isn't in the best interest of the people when you have such high levels of corruption by a leader(s).

A true democrat eh Nisa? By all and any means. Have you ever questioned why the democrats have not won an election for 20 years? Obviously not with sentiments like yours; "sometimes democracy isn't in the interest of the people etc.' By whose decision, yours?

"New airport- huge amount of corruption, poor construction, bad design, many many problems."

At least they built an airport.

"Skytrain- huge amount of corruption when Thaksin cronies tried to take it over."

At least they have public transportation system instead of tuk-tuks.

"Suppression of the media."

Not even close to Ahissit last year. Not even close.

"Corruption of the judiciary."

The last two elections were declared invalid by the Abhissit/junta judiciary.

just to address the skytrain, I am sure you are WELL aware that the Skytrain was opened and operational prior to TRT taking office in December 1999. TRT came to power in 2001. The only thing TRT did regarding the skytrain was to attempt to buy it themselves, and also to block the extensions done by the BMA (which at that time and still is a Democrat Governor). During their period the underground was launched, it is true; although that was delayed as TRT pushed out various incumbent suppliers with valid contracts, and replaced with their own; for instance the media in all stations was already signed with a firm; but the entire process was slowed by Thaksin's son who had his own media company somehow pushed to the front of the queue displacing another firm (whose family is connected to Ch. K. Chang which is usually a Dem supporter) without any open bidding or action.

Those in the local media sometimes say the worst periods of suppression would be during the TRT 2003-2005 period when there was not only various 'causes' but also complete media intimidation and buy outs with TRT members/appointees already controlling most of the major tv networks (Ch 3, Ch7, ch 9); who can forget the ITV rebels; the raids; the open lying and payments for things like chicken flu...it was during this period that Thailand slumped in open media rankings, and the subsequent slumps are more about website and information clamp downs which are bad, but not nearly as bad as being openly told to report and say things in certain ways or get fired. Which even I believe the chairman of the BKK Post received more than once; for things as childish as saying Shin Sat was too little too late, the airport had cracks in it and the like. The reporter who suggested that the Shinawatras had got richer as a result of politics and was sued for a cool few billion.

This was the period when THailand went from 59th to 107th in press freedom rankings; that's the biggest drop I think and has steadily fallen from there, sadly, and not helped along the way by ANY politicians.

The retribution period of late 2007/early 2008 when Jakapop Penkair launched another revenge mission on anyone who worked for the PR Dept of Thailand channels/networks singling out people who had said anything bad about Thaksin during the coup period wasn't exactly a highlight either.

As for the last 2 elections, I do believe you are mistaken? The 2006 snap election was invalid because of the way it was conducted. The 2007 election, certain individuals and certain parties broke the law, and paid the consequence as happens the world over...the election itself and the MPs were indeed elected from then until today.

Thank you for expanding my point about Taksin attemping to take over the skytrain by dubious means. Had it not been for Taksin, the link to Thonburi would have been completed and open many years ago. Gives the lie to Taksin's claim to care for "The People" which are the very demographic that suffer by not having a Thonnburi link.

Let's not forget that Taksin should not have even been eligible to become PM in the first place, had not the judiciary "overlooked" his misdeeds when disposing of his money to his maid and driver, if I remember correctly.

Only good thing coming out of all this is going to be that their dreams will soon turn in nightmares for a lot of people and that is when hopefully they will realized what kind of mistake they made voting for them....

It will be too late. Total power will be solidified. Democracy is DEAD in Thailand, starting today.

Democracy died with the coup d'etat. There was a democratic solution then if Thaksin was perceived to be evil. That was the solution implemented today by the vast majority of the Thais. Yet, those, the "uneducated" masses, are disparaged in this forum as being blithering fools who do not realize how foolish they are. That is exactly what Democracy is: at least a majority of 50% plus one, to dominate the minority. In this election, the "educated" minority in power was booted out of office. The elite rule of British born Abhisit has ended... for now?

This went from:

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

..to..

Please find a post where I have said any of those statements.

Based on the last election I thought the Democrats would probably get back into government with a similar coalition to what they had.

The only thing I said about the opinion polls was that there were a lot of people undecided.

Now I am saying that Pheu Thai got a majority, but not a huge majority and not a landslide.

Exactly HOW would she have won with 35% of the seats? Don't you need a majority to win?

Because she had 100% more seats than the party in second place so if 15% of her vote would have been spread between the other parties she'd still have won.

Jingthing, maybe it was someone else - but were you not on here a while back, debating about crowd size and informing all that the Redshirts really had very little support? This election has been a long time coming. Democracy is government by the people. Myself and others have said numerous times - there is more to Thailand then just the massive population in and around BKK. The fact is the majority of Thais do not live in Bangkok and are not wealthy or even upper middle-class. The majority of Thai Visa members are much wealthier and better educated in comparison, so maybe you would choose a different party to support. Get over it.

Try to understand the majority, they want what they believe is best for them, they have the right to choose. They have been stripped of that right over and over, its time to let the majority govern.

"If" he is banned from politics then the answer is obvious. (However, i am not sure if his ban has expired .. also not sure if being a fugitive automatically constitutes a ban)

I personally hope they do a lot of talking and that security forces legally record any conversations. It will make it easy to bring a case against his sister for everything from aiding a fugitive to improper relationships with a wanted terrorist and what ever other charges can be brought for pretending to be a servant of the people of Thailand but truly only acting in the interests of a wanted criminal.

Sooner or later the poor people of Thailand must be educated and not continually be bought off and in debt through loans by a corrupt thug whose only interest is to keep the poor in debt and reliant on his loans instead of allowing them to be self-sufficient.

These election results are no different than what we saw happen in Iran. It is sad to say but sometimes democracy isn't in the best interest of the people when you have such high levels of corruption by a leader(s).

A true democrat eh Nisa? By all and any means. Have you ever questioned why the democrats have not won an election for 20 years? Obviously not with sentiments like yours; "sometimes democracy isn't in the interest of the people etc.' By whose decision, yours?

Bit irrelevant when there isn't a truly democratic country in the world. When was the last time a PM or party was elected by a genuine majority of the people ie more than 50% of eligible voters?