Thaksin 'Clone' Set To Be Thai PM

webfact

"Thaskin 'Clone" set to be PM"

Real impartial headline that one!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Yes, that one stuck out like dogs' balls when I received the email allert. Bad form. Stinks the same as Fox "news".

It's Thaksin's words. Why not use them?

This is indeed correct, Thaksin called his sister "my clone". A quick google will give you plenty of references.

How she can be a clone,she doesn't have a square head?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's sister from Korat did well today. She received 500b from one party and also 500b from another party, however she voted for for Yingluck's party!

500 vs 500. I call that a level playing field, and could in no way have influenced her vote.

It's all about the 2 parties in their quest for the holy grail (money pot) the Thai people don't matter. However if UDD/PTP win and it brings peace for the UDD and their red shirts then I can happily live with that. At least my hairdresser in Central World won't have to close her shop again.

How much did Abhisit pay the poor people for their votes?

Nothing...nadda....zero.

What did Abhissit do for the poor people?

Nothing...nadda...zero.

Thankin gave 'em a few hundred Bt for their vote...gave 'em health-care...and was attempting land ownership reform... and education reform....before he was overthrown by tanks and guns.

yingluck-wins landslide majority without any political experience,.does this mean thaksin will be allowed back into thailand?

thailand has a puppet im affraid-maybe i will be allowed to vote for dollyman at the next elections !!! thailand is a corrupt society only the rich people prosper as usual.

by giving the taxi drivers a credit card for fuel and food shows contempt- it was obvious these poorer people will vote yingluck after all the average thai worker only get paid a average of 200 baht per day. i will watch with intrest as will the world in this latest twist to thai politics.

why be happy? this is the same as kadaffi in lybia would resign and appoint his son...

or in cuba... where power goes to the brother

wonder what will happen for us expats with this puppet in control ...

why be happy? this is the same as kadaffi in lybia would resign and appoint his son...

or in cuba... where power goes to the brother

wonder what will happen for us expats with this puppet in control ...

Where there is money, there is hope.

Everybody i spoke to here in thailand voting for Yingluck

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

This next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

Unfortunately the poor have been paid to vote. Thailand will stay in the corruption zone. :(

The corruption zone? Given the Democrats have been in for the last 5 years (actually effectively a lot longer than that) you must be referring to the Democrats. All the talk on this forum about corruption. You think corruption is unique to Thaksin (and for all I know the charges were put up to get rid of him)? This is politics. Of course there is corruption and I'm not talking about just Thailand. I'm from the USA and there is certainly a lot of corruption back there. Pretty much all the politicians there are for all practical purposes owned by the wealthy interests.

Thaksin is already promising to bring the USD back to 40/THB and 30 million tourists a year in LOS - he has all but actually proclaimed himself the real PM. Ta-da! The joke is no longer just a joke. A whole nation (or at least most of it) has fallen for it.

I don't think the Thais are that stupid.

Maybe that's what they wanted Bob!

Why do so many TV posters seem to think they know so much better what Thailand needs and think they know beter than the Thais? Just imagine the outcry from these posters if after a European election the voters in Thailand made such comments!

Why do so many TV posters seem to think they know so much better what Thailand needs and think they know beter than the Thais? Just imagine the outcry from these posters if after a European election the voters in Thailand made such comments!

Durian and snake fruit. Totally irrelevant point. Not many would, and for those that did, the reaction would be amusement. Thailand has ZERO cred among international democracies.

Foreign news services are calling this a "closely contested divisive" election etc.

Over 2/3 of the vote is not "closely contested".

When candidate/party gets 69% of the vote they are not divisive....nearly 4/5 of the parliament on the contrary they are uniting.

Maybe they mean decisive?

While her business credentials are well known, observers say she has given few concrete clues about what kind of leader she would be.

Yet she wins a landslide. Government they deserve ... government they deserve.

Western mass media will celebrate it: she is a woman.

No they won't! They aren't that stupid. They know Thailand elected a puppet of a MAN. Not a victory for feminism at all.

Why arn't they? everyone else is (quote) that stupid.

One question to a lot of those that doubt she has any abilty.

Have you ever been chairman of a company the same size that she has been chairwoman of. If No then you can not question her ability

Durian and snake fruit. Totally irrelevant point. Not many would, and for those that did, the reaction would be amusement. Thailand has ZERO cred among international democracies.

Zero cred? Is that why Thailand has close ties with the USA and the EEC?

Edited by Billmont

People are losing posting rights and being suspended left and right for not paying attention to the two pinned topics. Read them and follow them.

"Two pinned tops". What are you referring to?

These two topics are pinned in Thailand News:

First off, the word election should not continue to be used. When the votes are all bought, it simply becomes an exercise in how much money needs to be spent in order to get the front position at the feeding trough. A sad day for Thailand....... Thaksin has proven to be anti farang in the past, guess we will have to keep a close eye on what he does, and have an exit strategy to another country

Do you think this any better than the money poured into parties and the media in the USA? Come on. It is time to shut up, especially if you are a farang, and let them get on with it. Besides, both sides were dishing out money.

Yep. It's not like politicians in the west are less corrupt.They are just more polished and deceptive in masking it. I can't be too critical of Yinglucks experience when we in the US elected a President with no governing experience and minimal experience in elected office. I hope their experiment turns out better than ours. I doubt the people vote based on which party gives them more money. My sister in law up near Udon says that people take money from both major parties at election time and then vote for whom they wanted to vote for. It's a win-win if you are a voter. For those who were there as expats prior to the 2006 coup, what sort of anti-expat policies did Thaksin promote?

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

Unfortunately the poor have been paid to vote. Thailand will stay in the corruption zone. :(

yeah there was some tips involved and im happy for some poor rice pickers who work for 250baht 10 hours a day got some money for buy thai whisky but but but even without they would have won by a mile so what?

Not true. My wife went back to her province to vote and received no money.

The next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

Well my wife was paid to vote red. They promised those that drove vehicles back to the provinces would get more but she drove but still only got 300.

I guess the local distributor pocketed the rest.

I won't say if she actually voted red or whatever but she did take the money.

Give me one country that ~ISN'T~ run by corrupt politicians.

Thaksin is poisoned with power and wealth. The thing that sets him apart from politicians in the West is that he doesn't know when to stop. Unfortunately for him, Thailand has rules. The Elite have set the rules, and basically those rules go something like: "When you've had enough, let the next person have a go at milking the country". Well, Thaksin is being a spoiled li'l brat and he ain't moving over for the next boy. It's just a matter of time before Thailand reminds him of the rules, and it's not gonna be a nice ending for him.

If the Red-shirts had not blockaded Bangkok last year...and given up 91 dead... this election never would have happened.

There is absolutely nothing to support that assertion. Infact, had they stood by their word and been interested in reaching peace there would have been an election last November.

Not surprising if your username is any indication what people you speak to.

Lovely people I am sure, but not very educated.

The only difference between those from a privileged background to those from a less fortunate one is money- not IQ!

I agree, hence why I wrote 'educated'.

Sadly however one has to be educated, atleast about the political parties and how their policies will affect the nation, to make an educated choice in an election. Anything else is either group-think, peer-pressure or purely emotional reasons.

No, it's none of these reasons. It's 320TB "inducement" to vote P/T. That was the price in my Issan village anyway. "Simples" :(

Not true. My wife went back to her province to vote and received no money.

Too bad. Sounds like your wife left money on the table. My wife and every member of her family was paid 500thb each to vote red.