Thaksin 'Clone' Set To Be Thai PM

webfact

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is actually his clone, He groomed her in biz and now in politics, if not for Thaksin, who knows Yingluck? I hope they dont devalue the baht coz, some of Us get paid in baht....

De-value the Bht -please :lol:

I want it to get stronger!!! The more the better.;)

me too so i can get my money out at a better rate. Selling all I can tomorrow anyone want land at bargain price PM me but you need to be serious. I also have some condos going for at least 20% off as off now pm me. My stocks will be liquidated as as soon as market opens and after that if im wrong ill bring it all back in a few years but I reckon ill get it all back at a fraction of price.

She is a well-crafted figurehead for sure. As other posters have mentioned, its a media age and she's got the sparkly teeth and nice haircut. She bears the hallmarks of advertising, a business famous for its insincerity & ruthlessness. I watched her skillfully avoid an interview five days ago on the Red-friendly Bbc World, with the practically red-tshirt wearing R.Harvey. 'No time for interview, not even a few words." Abhisit did at least 2 different interviews on English networks the week before the votes, each time chatting freely & at ease with no notes or cue-cards or prompting. I sincerely doubt to see that from this lady, and certainly she avoided it pre-vote. Ultimately time will tell. Her claim to fame is that she is the close dynastic relative of a convicted criminal, who stole money from the infrastructure of a developing nation, a nation that urgently requires road-repairs/rural infrastructure/etc.etc. he took an unspecified but undoubtedly large amount of that social-fund cash and went off on an exotic World Tour with it. Thats what concerns me, she isn't famous for anything except being related to a criminal who got caught red-handed. Her being pretty and fluent / educated doesnt mean anything, theres millions of smart & attractive Thais that didn't get primed for the top spot. She's there because of her family. Thats dynastic, and dynasty is the logical enemy of democracy. Democracy as a principle is about people being elected because for example they worked in the the Unions or industry, or medicine or law, for many years & became respected for their views and opinions, which they chat freely about when asked to do so.

I feel it is a dark day for Thailand, which was slowly on the road to recovery. I hope I'm wrong and she genuinely makes this country a safer place to work & drive vehicles & invest in rural infrastructure etc. Thailand has what some sociologists are calling the "new oil" which is rice. With a global population growing quickly, a nation that produces so much rice will generate ever greater profits in the future. Dynastic control of MOP isn't anything new, neither is the manipulation of the low-educated farming community. I would hope that Thaksin's shady Godfather-like inner circle isnt what all this is about. What would convince me is if this lady broadcast the full red propoganda tapes from last year, including the ranting & call to arms & open enticement to burn property/ cause injury. And orders a full media powered legal follow-up to the Thaksin case with full transparency, including his eventual conviction should he return. This would be a step towards democracy. In my heart though, and most of my Bangkok friends feel much the same, we are seeing a big step backwards today to new previously unexplored depths of corruption & instability.

Yeah... that's something. How can you be PM and just forget an 'incident' like that?

"Because we can."

"Thaskin 'Clone" set to be PM"

Real impartial headline that one!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

This forum can not except how dead wrong they been the last couple of years and still love to throw mud. The Thai people have spoken. Except it! Go ahead and censor me.

The forum hasn't been wrong. Give it a while and we will see who the misguided ones are when everything goes pear-shaped!!!

You bet I WILL be saying serves you right when it does go wrong and I really hope it does and Thailand falls apart with the poor really suffering something chronic as a consequence, as unless something as drastic as this happens the uneducated people of Thailand will keep on making the same mistakes in voting in these cretins that couldn't run a market stall if they tried.

Some of the replies are incredibly condescending towards Thais. I have lived here long enough to know how silly things can be, but come on, Thais are still humans.

The people have made a clear choice, go ahead and think for yourself but at least give Thais a chance to succeed. Sure they might fail, but who knows, maybe they can make their lives better.

I think, it is not condescending to Thais to say they are ignorant when the government will not educate them. Ignorance is not having knowledge. Stupid is stupid. I don't believe that most people believe Thais are stupid. If they do then they are stupid.

Oh dear!!!! What have you done, the people of Thailand - I truly fear for you!!!

It will be interesting to see when Yingluck places that order for all of those millions of tablet PC's that have been promised.

I don't suppose that Thaksin owns any companies that manufacture tablets!!

Could well de-fault, may have to buy on credit from Samsung, after all the poor will be rich in 6 months.

Of course they will!!! After all, Pheua Thai said they will be - so must be true :blink:

"Thaskin 'Clone" set to be PM"

Real impartial headline that one!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

This forum can not except how dead wrong they been the last couple of years and still love to throw mud. The Thai people have spoken. Except it! Go ahead and censor me.

The forum hasn't been wrong. Give it a while and we will see who the misguided ones are when everything goes pear-shaped!!!

You bet I WILL be saying serves you right when it does go wrong and I really hope it does and Thailand falls apart with the poor really suffering something chronic as a consequence, as unless something as drastic as this happens the uneducated people of Thailand will keep on making the same mistakes in voting in these cretins that couldn't run a market stall if they tried.

i agree let them suffer im all right jack bloody poor they get in way of my shopping experience but not to worry big brother will keep them uneducated and in their place and we can just continue feeding at trough. Again great apologies fro wise one if I ever offended I really did not understand that your one of us and was mislead into thinking you were one of them. Now i understand you like us only care for our poor isan folk and simply want them to have credit cards like us, phones like us and the rest and that we can provide these things for them easily without them having to worry I have seen the light.

A born again Taksin fan. Now wheres feeding trough

Some of the replies are incredibly condescending towards Thais. I have lived here long enough to know how silly things can be, but come on, Thais are still humans.

The people have made a clear choice, go ahead and think for yourself but at least give Thais a chance to succeed. Sure they might fail, but who knows, maybe they can make their lives better.

I think, it is not condescending to Thais to say they are ignorant when the government will not educate them. Ignorance is not having knowledge. Stupid is stupid. I don't believe that most people believe Thais are stupid. If they do then they are stupid.

It's almost embarassing the way some farang here find themselves so emotionally attached to this that they need to demean the people for their choice. If the elite are pissed off, then maybe their energy would be better spent on long range efforts to try to lift the less fortunate to a higher level

It's almost embarassing the way some farang here find themselves so emotionally attached to this that they need to demean the people for their choice. If the elite are pissed off, then maybe their energy would be better spent on long range efforts to try to lift the less fortunate to a higher level

piece brother Taksin will solve all your hurts and soon very soon proper political education will be given to all non believers in big brother. Praise be for the saviour Taksin and may all our sins against him be forgiven.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if Chalerm's son was elected ??

He was not elected according to the news.

Nice to know a modicum of common sense prevailed

Apaprently, the voters are not quite as stupid as some commentators in TVF claim. :)

Everybody i spoke to here in thailand voting for Yingluck

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

The next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

I know quite a lot of Thai's who did not vote for the reds because of the Anti Monarchy thing. I live in the North so would people please stop talking about the North wants this etc. While obviously the majority of Thais here love Thaksin it's not universal.

Everybody i spoke to here in thailand voting for Yingluck

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

The next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

I know quite a lot of Thai's who did not vote for the reds because of the Anti Monarchy thing. I live in the North so would people please stop talking about the North wants this etc. While obviously the majority of Thais here love Thaksin it's not universal.

heathen devil worshiper may you be struck down for such bad thoughts against our beloved leader and saviour.

piece brother Taksin will solve all your hurts and soon very soon proper political education will be given to all non believers in big brother. Praise be for the saviour Taksin and may all our sins against him be forgiven.

I agree. Thaksin is our saviour. If you don't agree then a few days in red camp will sort your thinking out.:ph34r:

Oh dear!!!! What have you done, the people of Thailand - I truly fear for you!!!

It will be interesting to see when Yingluck places that order for all of those millions of tablet PC's that have been promised.

I don't suppose that Thaksin owns any companies that manufacture tablets!!

Nope. They will hopefully be produced at one of the many hardware manufacturing facilities located in Thailand. For example, Funai, the Japanese conglomerate has facilities in Thailand. Funai produces part or all of products sold by Toshiba, Hitachi, Matsushita, Mitsumi, Murata, Alps, Kaga, Rohm, Nichican, Philips, and Lexicon. Parts may be sourced from China or Taiwan, but at the very least will be assembled in Thailand. If anything, it will be some of the wealthy "elites" of Thailand that will prosper and those elites were typically aligned with the Democrats.

Many Thai people here in the US are anxious to see what's going to happen with a Lady PM. How the army is going to handle this and what's going to happen with her brother. I think most Thai women were pulling for her. We will see what we will see. :D

HALF of these unfortunates-ought to get their fingers out and work-instead of waiting for handouts-drink a bit less local whisky-gamble and smoking I live amongst them I see it everyday-Years ago I felt sorry for them, now no. These are the unfortunates that have elected the Family back, I feel sorry for the poor HARDWORKING Thai.

Its a beautful day, justice has prevailed!

Lets hope that Abhisit, generals, judges etc... will be brought to a quick justice, hand out the punishment they deserve for not allowing the people to have their power.

Lets hope also that the tools (a certain website springs to my mind) in which the innocent inside and outside Thailand were manipulated will be shut down swiftly.

Its just time for revenge and it will taste sweet for sure.

Happy happy happy 555

Yay for red democracy.

Well if i could vote, i would vote for Taksin, because i live here and have my future in this country.. Why do most foreigners support Abhisit?!? because he's British citizen>>no matter how hard he denies it.. What makes him better than Than Shwe of Myanmar,, at least they don't make the show out of "democratic elections" .. U lost get out.. But it is a sad day, because we all know how "the democrats" here treat people's choice, when they loose..

It's time to dig trenches, deep trenches :(

If the Red-shirts had not blockaded Bangkok last year...and given up 91 dead... this election never would have happened.

There is absolutely nothing to support that assertion. Infact, had they stood by their word and been interested in reaching peace there would have been an election last November.

Yup. And, it had to happen sometime, because maximum term is 4 years.

HALF of these unfortunates-ought to get their fingers out and work-instead of waiting for handouts-drink a bit less local whisky-gamble and smoking I live amongst them I see it everyday-Years ago I felt sorry for them, now no. These are the unfortunates that have elected the Family back, I feel sorry for the poor HARDWORKING Thai.

That's why I said long range efforts. It's like poverty anywhere. You have to work to change the culture that has accepted it...from both sides

While her business credentials are well known, observers say she has given few concrete clues about what kind of leader she would be.

Yet she wins a landslide. Government they deserve ... government they deserve.

Western mass media will celebrate it: she is a woman.

IF the western media celebrates it, it's because it's democracy, however cruel or stupid, it's still democracy...

You are of course wrong.

We all know it but now you will learn.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority

ma·jor·i·typlay_w2("M0048500") (mschwa.gif-jôrprime.gifibreve.gif-temacr.gif, -jobreve.gifrprime.gif-) n. pl. ma·jor·i·ties 1. The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.2. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast, as in an election, exceeds the total number of remaining votes.

You mean plurality.

. In a contest of more than two choices, the number of votes cast for the winning choice if this number is not more than one half of the total votes cast.b. The number by which the vote of the winning choice in such a contest exceeds that of the closest opponent.

"Thank you to the people who came out to vote," she told supporters."

and especially all of you who got their 500 B rewards for showing up and the others who won

the 5,000 , 10,000 , 100,000 and 1,000,000 Baht rewards for getting you to the poles or polls !

Edited by bonobo
reduced font size

While her business credentials are well known, observers say she has given few concrete clues about what kind of leader she would be.

Yet she wins a landslide. Government they deserve ... government they deserve.

Western mass media will celebrate it: she is a woman.

IF the western media celebrates it, it's because it's democracy, however cruel or stupid, it's still democracy...

They aren't celebrating it. They are calling her a proxy of Thaksin and that her only qualification is that she is proxy of Thaksin. Hardly a big achievement, being born lil' sis of the Big Kahuna. About as feminist an accomplishment as baking a chocolate cake.

Thaksin is already promising to bring the USD back to 40/THB and 30 million tourists a year in LOS - he has all but actually proclaimed himself the real PM. Ta-da! The joke is no longer just a joke. A whole nation (or at least most of it) has fallen for it.

I don't think the Thais are that stupid.

Maybe that's what they wanted Bob!

Bob may also believe the middle and wealthy class Thai mindset that was given to them by the coup leaders in 2006... that "The poor in Thailand don't understand democracy." ... In other words, the poor are stupid farmers that will vote for anybody that gives them 500 baht and various promises. I see this mentality quite often in Bangkok. A true contempt for the poor or lower classes. jap.gif

If you think contempt for those who happily sell their votes to the highest bidder and call it "democracy" is inappropriate what word would you choose instead? Pity?