Visa Dilemma - Can I Sponser A 2Nd Time?

I am divorsed from my ex Thai wife who has ILR in the U.K and now I have met someone else who is also Thai. She is coming to the UK in December just for a 2 week holiday to see me but I am not going to sponser her visa as she is going to sponser herself, which she is able to do. The question that I have is regarding future visa applications as I have a son from my ex and I am not really able to stay in Thailand full time dues to my son being in the the UK, so would I be able to sponser my g/f for a settlement visa say in about 2 years even though I have sponsered my ex wifes visa back in 2007? or I am I blacklisted as I have sponsered someone else before?

Thanks

very interesting this one....would they these days be looking at if your last missus you sponsored is now claiming benefits in some kind of way and it's all down to you that she is now in U.K having a gratis life?

they wouldn't come out and say something like that of course but does it?

<br />very interesting this one....would they these days be looking at if your last missus you sponsored is now claiming benefits in some kind of way and it's all down to you that she is now in U.K having a gratis life?<br /><br />they wouldn't come out and say something like that of course but does it?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry but she is not claiming benefits, as she works, we both take care of our son and I pay for my son for everything not the government giving the reason I cannot leave the UK full time as love my son too much giving the reason I am asking this question

it does not ask on the settlement application ( under sponsor part ) if the sponsor has sponsored before. but i am sure they can look on their records :rolleyes:

it does ask on the application if you have children? and that you pay a monthly contribution to them?

but that is all.

i would not think it would go against you. marriages sometimes dont work out, they understand that

<br />very interesting this one....would they these days be looking at if your last missus you sponsored is now claiming benefits in some kind of way and it's all down to you that she is now in U.K having a gratis life?<br /><br />they wouldn't come out and say something like that of course but does it?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry but she is not claiming benefits, as she works, we both take care of our son and I pay for my son for everything not the government giving the reason I cannot leave the UK full time as love my son too much giving the reason I am asking this question

there was no offence meant by my reply, I was simply adding to the question and the relevant points the home office/ukba would be looking at when an application went through...

I only added it as I know of several relationships that have failed that involve children and overseas partners who are benefitting from the hand outs, one where theres is a handicapped child and the mother has it all, assistance to look after the kid, a car to drive the kid about and carers that come round to look after the kid as she herself is not fit enough to do so (doesn't stop her on the golf course 3 times a week)

like I say, no offence meant...

I am reminded of a situation many years ago when my wife and I were at the embassy handing in her settlement application (this was done at the embassy in those days). A tearful girl came out from one of the interview rooms and asked my wife if I could read and explain her refusal notice as she didn't understand it. Basically it said:

"You have applied to travel to the UK as the fiance of Mr. X, but have failed to explain what happened to Miss Y, who was issued a settlement visa as Mr. X's fiance 8 months ago!"

Having said that, the UKBA are aware that marriages/relationships do break down. If this happens after the immigrant spouse has ILR, or equivalent, then what that now ex spouse subsequently does is not the responsibility of their original sponsor.

So the answer is; yes, you can sponsor a second (or third, or fourth etc) settlement applicant.

Obviously, as the anecdote in my first paragraph shows, it will be on record that you have previously sponsored someone, and so should include in any application brief details of what happened to that relationship and I would also suggest evidence that it is ended, such as your decree absolute if divorced in the UK or divorce certificate if divorced in Thailand.

There's nothing to stop you sponsoring your Thai g/f for any type of visa.

The British Embassy do keep records of who/when UK Citizens sponsor people but they also recognise that relationships do break down and new relationships form. There has been the odd story where people have been refused visas for a second person because the information they supplied 'doesn't add up' but providing the relationship is genuine you shouldn't have a problem. You're not automatically 'blacklisted' because you've sponsored somebody else in the past.

From my own personal experience, after one visit visa, I married my first Thai wife in 1993 then took her to the UK on a settlement visa. The relationship broke down after about eight years and we separated. She stayed in the UK while I moved to Thailand about two/ three years later, where I met my current (Thai) wife and we lived together in Thailand. I was still married at that time but successfully sponsored my the g/f for two visit visas to the UK. I then divorced my wife at the local Amphur while she was visiting Thailand before sponsoring my g/f for a third V/V. We then got married before successfully applying for settlement visas for her and my stepdaughter.

We never had a visa refused (and never used an agent). Because I was aware the BE kept records on sponsors, and I didn't want to risk them thinking I was attempting to hide anything, for all my second wife's visas I did make a brief reference to the fact I'd also sponsored my first wife in my sponsors letter.

Also, there is no reason why a Thai, or any visa national, should not enter the UK with one sponsor, leave and re-enter with another. A friend of my wife's did just that. She divorced her first sponsor before she had ILR and returned to Thailand. About a year later she met and married another Brit and is now in the UK as his spouse.

All that is required is a brief explanation of the circumstances to answer any questions or doubts the ECO may have.