Mc Donalds In Udon Thani

rocketmanbkk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as your walking to the train station ,look to your right.In the distance you'll see A traffic light 1/3 to 1/2 mile down.When you get near the light at the intersection you;ll cee the Mcdonalds on your left.Thats one of the positive things they've done to udon in the last couple of years.Now they're adding on to the mall thats A plus also.

How can a company that takes a massive amount of business away from local restaurants, sell food that is of little nutritional value and frankly is unhealthy for you be a 'positive' for any town in any country in the world?

Living in Isaan for the past 10+ years, I never really knew how much I missed having a Sausage Egg McMuffin until I chanced into the Udon McDonalds late one morning... Now whenever in the area before the 10:am cutoff, I not only enjoy one while there, but purchase 4 to 6 to bring home for the next few days breakfasts... Also highly recommend their Blueberry Muffins... Definetly not Health Food, but an enjoyable Taste from home...

Pianoman

How can a company that takes a massive amount of business away from local restaurants, sell food that is of little nutritional value and frankly is unhealthy for you be a 'positive' for any town in any country in the world?

It tastes good from time to time. :whistling:

I never said it tastes bad (I personal think it is very average last time I had some many years ago) as that is up to the individual. I was simply questioning how it can be a positive for a town.

Yep; Got to agree with Memock here in that setting up a Mickey D can hardly be seen as a 'positive'.

The burgers at Bookhouse, Steve's Sports Bar opposite Top Mansion and the popular American one off the ring-road are inifinitely more tasty. :licklips:

I never said it tastes bad (I personal think it is very average last time I had some many years ago) as that is up to the individual. I was simply questioning how it can be a positive for a town.

They provide jobs to Thai people, put a lot of money into the economy and provide a service that is popular all over the world.

Pad Thai and all the other fried Thai snacks are just as unhealthy and no one seems to be out to ban them. It is simple, if one does not want to eat at McDonalds, than just eat somewhere else.

They provide jobs to Thai people, put a lot of money into the economy and provide a service that is popular all over the world.

I'm sure that you are greatly concern with Thai jobs and the respective economy.

I have yet to see a sit-down typical restaurant that serves food as fast as McDonald's does. McDonald's serves a purpose, fills a need that others don't, has consistent quality regardless of the country they are in and are CLEAN. People are in a hurry sometimes. Just because a bar or cafe serves burgers doesn't mean that a McDonald's isn't needed or wanted.

People who think a McDonald's doesn't fill a need should be forced to take boats or bicycles for all of their travels instead of airplanes. Maybe then they would get it. I don't get why they can't see enough of the big picture to understand a simple concept, whether they like the food or not.

And as said before, if you don't like them, walk on by. The fact that it is there isn't hurting you and it is bringing a smile to lots of other faces.

If you believe in your archaic way of thinking, why are you even posting here with a computer? Hand write a letter to the editor, put a stamp on it and walk to the post office to mail it. Show us how much you really embrace yestercentury.

I have yet to see a sit-down typical restaurant that serves food as fast as McDonald's does. McDonald's serves a purpose, fills a need that others don't, has consistent quality regardless of the country they are in and are CLEAN. People are in a hurry sometimes. Just because a bar or cafe serves burgers doesn't mean that a McDonald's isn't needed or wanted.

People who think a McDonald's doesn't fill a need should be forced to take boats or bicycles for all of their travels instead of airplanes. Maybe then they would get it. I don't get why they can't see enough of the big picture to understand a simple concept, whether they like the food or not.

And as said before, if you don't like them, walk on by. The fact that it is there isn't hurting you and it is bringing a smile to lots of other faces.

If you believe in your archaic way of thinking, why are you even posting here with a computer? Hand write a letter to the editor, put a stamp on it and walk to the post office to mail it. Show us how much you really embrace yestercentury.

I will make the assumption that you perhaps are aiming your response at me.

That being the case I think you are adding more to my comment then was actually written. I simply said that I cannot see how having a McDonalds can be of benefit to any town anywhere in the world. Nothing more said then that so I am not sure what the heck you are banging on about.

Pad Thai and all the other fried Thai snacks are just as unhealthy and no one seems to be out to ban them. It is simple, if one does not want to eat at McDonalds, than just eat somewhere else.

For every job it provides I wonder how many people have actually lost one in the first place due to having a maccas franchise move into town? I would bet more then they employ.

Do you think that every time a McDonald's opens a bunch of other restaurants close? A McDonald's opened at Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai a few years ago and all of the restaurants that were in the area before it are still there.

On top of that McDonald's burgers and fries are probably better quality than the other Western places that surround it, which is not uncommon in Thailand.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I will make the assumption that you perhaps are aiming your response at me.

That being the case I think you are adding more to my comment then was actually written. I simply said that I cannot see how having a McDonalds can be of benefit to any town anywhere in the world. Nothing more said then that so I am not sure what the heck you are banging on about.

:clap2:

I never said restaurants closing I just said staff being laid off. Big difference.

Yea, sure, all these restaurants around McDonald's are staying open with no staff. :rolleyes: The asinine claim that McDonald's takes away more jobs than it creates is nothing but politically correct wishful thinking.

Edited by Ulysses G.

*Sigh* here we go again. Please stop putting words into my mouth fingers.

Where did I say there are restaurants with no staff? :unsure:

For example: A restaurant has two cooks, a cleaner and three wait staff. They lose half their customers so have to lay off one cook, the cleaner and make the wait staff clean the dishes as well.

It sounds like you have a vivid imagination and no facts to support irrational claims.

If true, he would fit nicely here, wouldn't he?:rolleyes:

Yet, I'll protest. As Memock is a fine upstanding fellow. A scholar and gentlemen, as well.

It sounds like you have a vivid imagination and no facts to support irrational claims.

At least I can read. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you are correct in that I have no facts as I cannot be bothered to search the internet looking for some. I am sure they are out there as basic economics would support my beliefs but perhaps they are not and I could be totally wrong. The funny thing is though ...... that you have no facts either to support your mission to try and discredit what I believe. Kinda silly really isn't it?

As Memock is a fine upstanding fellow. A scholar and gentlemen, as well.

Actually I am in a wheel chair, left school in year 4 and am female but thanks anyway zzzaa09!

:D

At least I can read.

So you keep claiming, but the constant nit-picking about your wacky McD's theory suggests otherwise.

By the way, congratulations on winning zzaa09's heart and mind. We all know how rational he is. Your kooky accusation that McDonald's opens in a town and provides new jobs while magically reducing staff everywhere else (without any other restaurants closing) has resonated with his fanatical anti-Western values and core belief system, so you must be right. :lol:

Edited by Ulysses G.

The constant nick picking? Haha that is rich mate. I made a simple statment saying that I believe that when a Macca Dees opens it is not a positive thing for the local community. You are the one who has then banged on and on and tried to turn what I said around into something completely different.

Seriously, you need to go back to the start and re read the thread although may I suggest a visit to the optometrists first. :)