Bottles, Cleanliness Etc

I know this seems to be another of those dumb posts but I'm actually curious. I'm curious about how many of you see any problems drinking out of the bottles here... eg. Singha, Chang any bottled beer or water for that matter.I've always been curious about the cleanliness of the bottles and their storage. I mean, we've all heard the stories of rats pissing on cans and bottles when they are in storage so how clean are the bottle that we all drink out of in Thailand daily?I personally rarely ask for a glass no matter where I am in the world but I was just wondering...what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are this, exactly. I don't, repeat Don't, drink out of bottles ever. I drink my one beer per evening, at about 5:30, in a glass washed either by myself or my lovely wife, with some ice that I know for darn sure no rat has pissed in. Then, during the course of the evening, I might have a cocktail or two in a glass, washed either by myself or my lovely wife.

You need to stay out of the bars if you're worried about your health.

:whistling:

Take the foil off before you drink; and the bottle top.

Don't put the bottle top in your mouth, and keep it away from small children.

Another poster recommended breaking the top off a whisky bottle, and filtering through an old sock; this has the added advantage of removing the broken glass fragments; I am sure that would work equally well with beer, but I am not sure how the head would be affected.

You could look for something like a cigarette holder, to fit onto your bottle tops, were you fastidiously inclined. Or drink like an Indian, without the neck of the bottle touching your lips.

Dip the bottle top in white spirit before removing the lid; or dettol, if you want to save on the duty; or unleaded regular, if you don't smoke.

SC

Drink on credit, pay for it in the morning...

SC

I could do. Hopefully the rat piss doesn't kill me or they'll never see their money.

If you drink enough, the money will be the least of your worries....

Why not use a straw?

He'd look a right poof, drinking his bottled guinness with a straw.

Far better to knock the head off the bottle with a copper-headed mallet, decant the stout through a sock into the nearest receptacle, which will be the boot that you had to remove to get the sock, and drink it thus. And if anyone laughs, you can clang them with the handy boot, once your drink is finished.

SC

Why not use a straw?

Far better to knock the head off the bottle with a copper-headed mallet, decant the stout through a sock into the nearest receptacle, which will be the boot that you had to remove to get the sock, and drink it thus. And if anyone laughs, you can clang them with the handy boot, once your drink is finished.

SC

Or..the copper-headed mallet, makes a better sound.

:o

Why not use a straw?

SC

Or..the copper-headed mallet, makes a better sound.

:o

I'd forgotten where I'd laid that down, till I stubbed my toe on it; I was wishing I'd not taken off my safety boot!

SC

Why not use a straw?

Yes, that's a good question.

Always pour your beer into a glass first. I only ever use half-pint glasses as I consider full-pint glasses somewhat vulgar.

Remember to add some ice to your beer, and perhaps a slice or two of lemon. Always drink it through a straw.

And if you're out drinking anywhere near the sun, remember to use lots of sun block and some moisturizer.

Be aware that after you've had your first half-pint drink you may feel a little drowsy. I usually go to the bathroom at this point to splash some water on my face and to check my hair.

Oh -- and let's be honest -- some of us do at times drink more than 1 whole bottle. If this happens, always resist the urge to urinate in public.

I was blind drunk again and wearing the spectacles but i saw a man running around the boozer with a bottle of probably stuck up his arse , he was shouting "run around now " .

Oh how we laughed .

The four riders of the apocalypse got me home that night .

I was blind drunk again and wearing the spectacles but i saw a man running around the boozer with a bottle of probably stuck up his arse , he was shouting "run around now " .

Oh how we laughed .

That sounds like a pair of glasses too many to me. Maybe you'd be better drinking out of the bottle. or can. Either can.

which brings us back to the topic of the thread...

No wonder I woke up in the park, if the four riders were carrying you home...

SC

Oh how we laughed .

That sounds like a pair of glasses too many to me. Maybe you'd be better drinking out of the bottle. or can. Either can.

which brings us back to the topic of the thread...

No wonder I woke up in the park, if the four riders were carrying you home...

SC

I wasn't fit for urinating on the public that night .

Oh how we laughed .

I suppose that's a good reason to drink from a glass. Or keep a firm grip on your beer. It would be a shame to lose your bottle.

SC

Oh how we laughed .

I suppose that's a good reason to drink from a glass. Or keep a firm grip on your beer. It would be a shame to lose your bottle.

SC

Just today, I learned what this means..."wibble, wibble".

I rather like it.

:rolleyes:

Oh how we laughed .

SC

Just today, I learned what this means..."wibble, wibble".

I rather like it.

:rolleyes:

Me too ! But I had to google google .

Stories of rats pissing on cans and bottles when they are in storage??

Never heard those stories.

I guess the cans and bottles are not opened, so wipe them before drinking from them.

Never had a problem drinking from can/bottle in a bar.

A glass? Well there is another story, as one never knows how the glass was cleaned.

Also, have a look at how many waitors/waitresses carry the glasses (fingers inside the glasses).

Were were the fingers before they touched the glass?