First Class Car Insurance

a3tsw

I live in Thailand for only 4 Months of each year , but pay out each time I come for a full years insurance , even though my car is off road and unused for the other 8 Months.

Can I get insurance for only the period (4 Month) that I am in Thailand.?

There is no '4 month' insurance as all insurances run for a year. However there is nothing stopping you from taking the insurance then cancelling it when you wish - note there will be an 'admin' charge levied on the balance.

Point : when you say your car is off road, is it in a secure compound (car park?) with the compound owner covering the insurance for the vehicles ? If the vehicle is simply left in a garage (even locked) then it open to theft/fire etc. and insurance would be worth continuing.

Ok , thanks , will give that a go then ,depending of course on how much the admin fee is.

40-60% of the remainer, and it takes 2-6 weeks to get the money back, a check to bring to your bank

when you need new Insurance again, they will want to inspect vehicle before Insuring

I would keep it Insured all year, for safety and for hazzelfree and small amount refund

I visit Thailand on a month to month basis, spending around 5 - 6 months a year here.

My TGF need to get Car Insurance and i would like to be able to drive her car too. I have IDP.

At present her and her Father regularly drive it.

If she insures the car, any driver, first class, am I fully covered?

Can I insure her car, any driver First Class and we all be covered?

Cheers, MH

I visit Thailand on a month to month basis, spending around 5 - 6 months a year here.

My TGF need to get Car Insurance and i would like to be able to drive her car too. I have IDP.

Cheers, MH

almost all Insurances in TH are for car with any legit driver, thats a sober driver with valid DL. If you are here for 6 months a year, you should get a Thai DL to be on the safe side.

As a tourist you are allowed to drive on your home countries DL in english language for 90 days. However if you spend half the year here, you would possibly not be considered a tourist, and should have Thai DL, to make sure Insurance would cover if sh-t happens

Cheers, MH

Either you or your partner can insure the car and as long as it is insured for any driver then yes you will all be covered.

For on-line quotations please go HERE

Cheers, MH

Either you or your partner can insure the car and as long as it is insured for any driver then yes you will all be covered.

For on-line quotations please go HERE

Many thanks for the info.

I had a few problems with the ''Online Quote Form link'' but seems ok now, Thanks.

Cheers, MH

Edited by MHayward