New Govt Proposed To Approve Bangkok-Chiang Mai High-Speed Rail Project

webfact

Let me see, 745 km in 3.5 hours = 213 kph. I don't think I want to travel at 213 kph on a 1 m wide railroad no matter what kind of train they have. The mode of travel would most likely be changed from train to air at the first corner.

"State Enterprise Policy and Planning Bureau 1 chief Poomsak Aranyakasemsuk said the 745km route would have 13 stations in 11 provinces."

3.5 hours = 210 minutes so for 13 stops they will have all of 16 minutes to go from a dead stop at one station, travel an average of 57 km to the next stop, stop the train, let passengers off, let passengers on, and start up again.

Yup, that sounds about right. Amazing Thailand!

I think they do not let facts and figures get in the way of the truth.

This is Amazing Thailand remember. Why should they?

Let me see, 745 km in 3.5 hours = 213 kph. I don't think I want to travel at 213 kph on a 1 m wide railroad no matter what kind of train they have. The mode of travel would most likely be changed from train to air at the first corner.

"State Enterprise Policy and Planning Bureau 1 chief Poomsak Aranyakasemsuk said the 745km route would have 13 stations in 11 provinces."

3.5 hours = 210 minutes so for 13 stops they will have all of 16 minutes to go from a dead stop at one station, travel an average of 57 km to the next stop, stop the train, let passengers off, let passengers on, and start up again.

Don t know who you are but there are lots of high speed trains all over Europe that travel at 350 km per hour so faster than you calculations of 213 kph. If a German company gets involved no problem. If the price is 1200 Baht it is compeditive to air travel which is 1500 Baht.

This is what Thailand needs. Lets start soon. It sounds great. No more lousy buses and bus crashes because of over tired drivers.

I am sort of curious as to what happen to all the other proposed a seaming approved high speed rail routs. I was led to believe the BKK to Nong Kai was a done deal and should be entering a construction phase.

I think they do not let facts and figures get in the way of the truth.

And my glass is half full.

Don t know who you are but there are lots of high speed trains all over Europe that travel at 350 km per hour so faster than you calculations of 213 kph. If a German company gets involved no problem. If the price is 1200 Baht it is compeditive to air travel which is 1500 Baht.

This is what Thailand needs. Lets start soon. It sounds great. No more lousy buses and bus crashes because of over tired drivers.

The Koreans built a high speed rail built on a French design. The Koreans wanted to cut corners to make it cheaper. So the french went home and the Koreans built a slower train.

• 1 month later...

Given the latest news from China we can forget high speed railways for a while. Bullet trains withdrawn from service, serious design faults identified, and members of a Board of Inquiry completely in the dark, two of them not even knowing the terms of reference for the inquiry. SNAFU. Send for I.K. Brunel who built God's Wonderful Railway - the GWR.

Didn't a German company build the airport link... And that doesn't work properly.

The Koreans built a high speed rail built on a French design. The Koreans wanted to cut corners to make it cheaper. So the french went home and the Koreans built a slower train.

If it had been me i would have sent the French packing as well - what sort of muppet builds a high speed rail line with corners in it :whistling:

If it had been me i would have sent the French packing as well - what sort of muppet builds a high speed rail line with corners in it :whistling:

I see you have the right angle on things/

Given the latest news from China we can forget high speed railways for a while. Bullet trains withdrawn from service, serious design faults identified, and members of a Board of Inquiry completely in the dark, two of them not even knowing the terms of reference for the inquiry. SNAFU. Send for I.K. Brunel who built God's Wonderful Railway - the GWR.

Ah,yes! Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Building The Great Western Railway when the Chinese were still riding around in rickshaws and ox carts.

However the Chinese have become the financiers and planners of future railroads, after all they built most of the railroads in the western United States over 130 years ago. Coolie eh?

Now their government has to identify what went wrong with the HST in China. Design faults, corruption and shortcuts in signaling etc etc.

Maybe they have a plan to by-pass Singapore en route to Suez and Europe?

Edited by ratcatcher