Applying For A Royal Thai Police Clearance Cert

How to Obtain a Royal Thai Police Clearance Certificate

Firstly need to attend the Australian Visa Application Centre (VFS) located at:

Australia Visa Application Centre

Thai CC Tower, 34th Floor

889 South Sathorn Road,

Bangkok

Business hours are Monday to Friday 08.30 to 15:00. If traveling to VFS by Sky Train it is only a 3 minute walk from Surasak BTS Station (take exit no. 2).

Applicant must take their passport with them. At VFS you needs inform them that you want an ‘ Application for Entry to Australia - Request for Thai Penal Record Check’ for a partner visa application. They will then generate a letter which the applicant then needs to take to Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama 1 Road, Bangkok. Again, only a short walk from Siam BTS Station.

Royal Thai Police Headquarters, Bangkok

At the Royal Thai Police Headquarters applicant will need to produce the letter referred to above obtained at VFS as well as the following documents:

• Her passport.

• Her Thai ID card.

• Two colour passport photographs.

• Household registration (Tabien Ban).

• Any evidence of change of name (if applicable).

Processing time is approximately 10 working days.

Regarding the letter from VFS that has to be suppled when applying for A Thai Police Clearance. My wife is Filipino. Does she need one of those letters when applying for her police clearance or is that only for Thai nationals applying for a partner visa?

She will need that letter too.

Thanks, Bridge.

Attached is a sample of the letter you will need to obtain from VFS. Obviously as your wife is Filipino she will not have all of the documents listed there.

SAMPLE_0001.pdf

Thanks, Bridge. I couldn't find any information about the letter needed to apply for the police clearance on either the Australian Embassy website or the VFS website. Where did you find the information?

She will need that letter too.

Thanks, Bridge.

Attached is a sample of the letter you will need to obtain from VFS. Obviously as your wife is Filipino she will not have all of the documents listed there.

SAMPLE_0001.pdf

Thanks, Bridge. I couldn't find any information about the letter needed to apply for the police clearance on either the Australian Embassy website or the VFS website. Where did you find the information?

I just found this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

It states that two sets of fingerprints are required. Is this true? I'm getting more and more stressed by the day about this.

Once you get the letter from VFS, attend Royal Thai Police HQ. When you walk through the front gates asked them for directions. For what it is worth they are very efficient there. They will do the fingerprints and all. Before you leave they will have you write your address on an envelope and that is where the certificate will be sent to. Currently about 10 working days I think.

Your wife will also need a police check from the Philippines.

How long is this certificate valid for ? I assume that as you have to go to VFS you might as well submit the partner visa applicxation there at the same time, is this the best approach ?

Chers w.

Once you get the letter from VFS, attend Royal Thai Police HQ. When you walk through the front gates asked them for directions. For what it is worth they are very efficient there. They will do the fingerprints and all. Before you leave they will have you write your address on an envelope and that is where the certificate will be sent to. Currently about 10 working days I think.

Your wife will also need a police check from the Philippines.

Yes, she is getting a police check from the Philippines, but it won't be with a letter from VFS as that is going to be way too complicated. Things are already way too complicated, but that would be beyond complicated.

We provided a Thai police clearance as part of the initial temp spouse visa application (309). We are currently doing the additional documentation required for the second stage permanent visa (100). The package from Immigration says "you may need to obtain an overseas penal clearance" and provides info on how to get a Thai clearance. Since we already provided this in the initial application, do we need to do another one? Do the Thai clearances expire at all?

We provided a Thai police clearance as part of the initial temp spouse visa application (309). We are currently doing the additional documentation required for the second stage permanent visa (100). The package from Immigration says "you may need to obtain an overseas penal clearance" and provides info on how to get a Thai clearance. Since we already provided this in the initial application, do we need to do another one? Do the Thai clearances expire at all?

Sorry to ask this again, searched around but couldn't see an answer - does the Thai clearance expire? Wondering if we should arrange another one just in case, since they "may" ask for another one down the track, when we are no longer in Bangkok.

Edited by Goinghomesoon

You don't need a letter from VFS for a Thai clearance. My wife did hers in April. All she had was her passport and family book.

They took the photos and fingerprints in the police rooms.

You don't need a letter from VFS for a Thai clearance. My wife did hers in April. All she had was her passport and family book.

They took the photos and fingerprints in the police rooms.

Is hit and miss. Have known of people asked to get one.

We went to VFS for the letter but she didn't have her house book. Took just over a week to get back.

They even have a tourist trinket shop where you can buy police hats badges, shirts, buckles, medallions etc. Very helpful for all you would be cops whistling.gif