Cr-1 Visa/K3- Visa Affidavit Of Support: No W-2S

I have been fishing around visajourney.com for awhile and cannot find an answer to this question so I will try here. I recently married a Thai citizen and we have been working through the CR-1 Visa process. I am lucky in that I have worked in Thailand for the last 2 years so I can do the direct consular filing which takes A LOT less time. After just one month we have already made it to the submission of Packet 3 which among other things also is includes my Affidavit of Support (i-134 and i-864). I am worried about one thing in particular, in the instructions it says you must submit W-2s. I did not submit any because I have been working in international schools for the last four years (two years here in thailand). I did submit an excel sheet from the ast. financial dir. of my monthly base pay from my job here in thailand. I did also submit my 1040s for the last 3 years.

Anyone been through a similar situation?

I believe they will accept the tax return instead of the w2 for international employment. Not positive.

I hired a lawyer to do mine and I too worked on Thailand for the last 10 years therefore no W2. My lawyer said it would not be a problem, I also had my brother do the guarantee for me for her and my mom gave a letter saying we were going to stay with her.

However we never completed the process, my mom decided to go and stay with my brother as I was having too many problems trying to find the right person to run my company here, while i would be in the USA. So I cant say for positive it will be ok, but my lawyer seemed to think it was not an issue.

Good Luck with things and let us know the outcome!!!

I did send in all my 1040s for the last 3 years and if they give me a hard time about the W2 I will go the tax transcript route. After thinking about it though they probably will not give me a hard time about this because many of the DCF (Direct Consular Filings) probably do not have W2s, because most people that do DCFs are living and working abroad.

Well we are waiting on an interview date now and then we my wife has her interview we will find out if its okay. Just in case if they ask her for an RFE (Request For More Evidence) on the financial stuff I had my mother fill out a co-sponser form and send it to Thailand.

• 2 months later...

So here is the update on what happened with the Visa process, I originally posted this on visajourney.com under Thai Consulate review.

My wife went alone to the interview as I returned to the U.S. 2 months ago, so everything I know is from what she told me. She was the 2nd interview of the day, and it began at 10:10 and finished at 10:30. The interviewer went through some of the normal questions: How did you two meet? When do you plan to go to the U.S.? etc. Then came a bit of confusion as the interviewer started to ask why my wife's name was slightly different from her birth certificate to her national I.D. There is one small difference between the two and it was a Thai government mistake, which we thought we had rectified because we had a translated explanation from the Thai government. The lady said my wife needed to have an AR-14? I think. Well the lady ended up just working past this and continued on with the interview, and said my wife will be approved. My wife came back a few days later and picked up her visa. My wife said the lady was not very friendly and other than the questions about the AR-14 barely bothered to even look up from the paperwork at my wife. My wife said having good English probably helped her out a lot. Other than the really long wait time between submitting packet 3 and the interview overall it was less of a hassle and difficult than it first appeared to be when we started the process.