Yingluck: Cabinet Selection To Be Done In Bangkok, Not Abroad

webfact

Yingluck: Cabinet selection to be done in Bangkok

image_2011070812090308262918-E80E-A0F0-41837D7E496B7237.jpg

BANGKOK, July 8 - Thailand's prime minister-to-be Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday denied media reports that her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, is involved in selection of her Pheu Thai-led government's cabinet, asserting that the selection process will be done in Bangkok, not abroad.

Unconfirmed reports claim that several groups of elected Pheu Thai MPs are scheduled to fly to Dubai where fugitive premier Thaksin is living in self-imposed exile and the move indicates that he was the one who met and picked up the cabinet members. Ms Yingluck however denied the rumour, saying the one who selects cabinet member is in Thailand and that so far no selection has yet been made.

She said that her Pheu Thai party was focusing on its policy arrangement and had told all its elected MPs that the selection would be based on individual ability and performance.

Mr Thaksin's youngest sister also denied reports that she will go to Hong Kong to meet her brother on Sunday, saying that the report was not true as she will stay in Bangkok.

Asked whether she has approached any outsiders to join the cabinet, Ms Yingluck denied it and said she has never said she would approach outsiders.

The businesswoman-turned-politician said she has made it understandable that opportunities would open for party members and will not deny outsiders.

On Thursday, the New Democrat Party, with only one elected member of parliament, joined the Pheu Thai Party and other four parties in the new coalition government, adding a single seat to a new coalition government with 300 seats in total. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-07-08

After a phone-in from Dubai. Do we really need this insulting pretence about who is running the show?

Please wait and see the results in a few weeks. Can''t imagine what's going on in this country now and ever....:jap:

Would-be PM Denies Thaksin's Role in Forming Govt

Pheu Thai prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra denies that she is planning to travel to Hong Kong to consult former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on the formation of the new government.

She also insists that she has not picked Cabinet members yet.

Prime minister-to-be Yingluck Shinawatra denied planning a trip to Hong Kong on Sunday to meet her brother ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to consult him on the formation of the new government.

Yingluck said that she will be in Bangkok on that day.

About a report that some Pheu Thai MPs from the North and South are scrambling for Cabinet posts, Yingluck insisted that it has not yet been decided who will be appointed to particular ministries as the party is still busy with drafting its policy guideline to be presented to Parliament.

She also denied rumors on an internal power struggle, saying that all Pheu Thai members will respect the party's decision and what the majority decides.

Yingluck also pointed out that it has not been determined if the agriculture and energy portfolios will be allocated to coalition partners.

She said that everyone's input will be heard and the most suitable candidates will be given a chance even if they are not Pheu Thai members.

Yingluck indicated that the coalition currently consists of six political parties with 300 MPs and she has not considered adding any other party to the coalition.

She also commented on the speculation that a faction within the Bhum Jai Thai Party is looking to join the government, saying that the matter will be decided by the party's executive board.

About the accusation that Yingluck has violated the election law by distributing stir-fried noodle she cooked to voters in Nakhon Ratchasima Province during an election campaign, Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said that the party is currently gathering evidence to back its clarification with the Election Commission.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-08

footer_n.gif

With todays communications being what they are you can turn on your computer and speak to a person-say your brother for example-as if they were in the same room with you.No need to get the private jet out or even leaving the comfort of your own surroundings.

With todays communications being what they are you can turn on your computer and speak to a person-say your brother for example-as if they were in the same room with you.No need to get the private jet out or even leaving the comfort of your own surroundings.

yes and the world can watch it on youtube later. A little more privacy to do it in person.

So it's not "Thaksin thinks, PT does" anymore? Feeling totally embarrassed for the Thais... How could they have messed up so badly as to vote these people in, after all they've said and done?

That must mean Thaksin emailed the list of cabinet appointees to Yingluck already (who herself is in Bangkok) :whistling:

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing! I wonder if he used a WORD file or sent it on an EXCEL spreadsheet?:unsure:

Would a PM lie about this.

Well if she is Thaksin's clone I guess she would have to lie about it.

Does she really think the Thai people are dumb enough to believe that Thaksin is not running the show. If so it shows what she thinks of the Thai people.

Does she really think the Thai people are dumb enough to believe that Thaksin is not running the show. If so it shows what she thinks of the Thai people.

She does have a documented track record of lying.

not sure about lying. Obfuscation, 'not now', 'not the right time', 'too early', 'I meant it differently' yes, but downright lying? A nicely smiling lady like Ms. Yingluck ?

not sure about lying. Obfuscation, 'not now', 'not the right time', 'too early', 'I meant it differently' yes, but downright lying? A nicely smiling lady like Ms. Yingluck ?

No. Lying.

She provided false evidence and lied to the SET about share ownership.

If you like vampires.

No. Lying.

She provided false evidence and lied to the SET about share ownership.

True, forgot about that. I made an honest mistake, I was only thinking of the time frame since begin of May 2011 when Ms. Yingluck first indicated the desire to serve the Thai public and asked Pheu Thai if she could become a party list candidate :rolleyes:

Edited by rubl

So it's not "Thaksin thinks, PT does" anymore? Feeling totally embarrassed for the Thais... How could they have messed up so badly as to vote these people in, after all they've said and done?

Why don't you ask them?

After a phone-in from Dubai. Do we really need this insulting pretence about who is running the show?

they seem to have missed one word from the sentence, not that they themselves see it as so relevant:

"Cabinet selection announcement to be done in BangkoK"

they seem to have missed one word from the sentence, not that they themselves see it as so relevant:

"Cabinet selection announcement to be done in BangkoK"

Exactly.

There will be a meeting in Bangkok and the smiling arrogant face on the big screen

will nod at various lucky sods and then they will pass out the pre-written press release.

Edited by animatic

More sour grapes from the people that cannot accept the election result.

The people have spoken and the people will act through their elected MPs. Now 300 strong, the PTP has a mandate to act as a government. I hope that it uses every peaceful, legal option that it can to crush all those that would seek to bait the people, foment civil unrest and sabotage the stability and prosperity of Thailand.

am i going crazy?!:blink: Bangkok is a capital of Thailand, so where else should the selection take place? it is pretty simple.

But having to clarify it in public, really makes one think and believe that she is NOT the one running the show.

More sour grapes from the people that cannot accept the election result.

The people have spoken and the people will act through their elected MPs. Now 300 strong, the PTP has a mandate to act as a government. I hope that it uses every peaceful, legal option that it can to crush all those that would seek to bait the people, foment civil unrest and sabotage the stability and prosperity of Thailand.

Now that they are respectable PT MP's they wouldn't, don't worry ;)

am i going crazy?!:blink: Bangkok is a capital of Thailand, so where else should the selection take place? it is pretty simple.

But having to clarify it in public, really makes one think and believe that she is NOT the one running the show.

Would have thought it wouldn't have taken much thinking to work that one out.

Not everyone i guess is as "fast" as somewink.gif

Not everyone i guess is as "fast" as somewink.gif

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that

Really?

What are the Isan reps visiting Dubai for?

She has to say this to take the sting out of the complaint made to the EC .

Then the reps from Isan go to visit Mr Thaksin.

Rather stupid.

I would imagine that most members here have wives, sisters, daughters, girl friends. As such I would think you know that women are not predictable, just when you think you have them eating out of your hand, they suddenly bite your thumb off.

Everyone is assuming that Thaksin will control Yingluck, he is also assuming that, he might be due for a shock, after all they both come from the same background. Yingluck has reached the top of the heap, why should she jeopardise that just to please her brother? Particularly if she suspects they would both lose in the process.

I think too many people are jumping to conclusions, I think we need to wait and see.