Thailand's Democrats Seek Ban On Thaksin Party

webfact

I think that the most offensive thing mentioned in the OP is that some clown has accused Yingluck of handing out free bowls of noodles at a rally. The implication is that PTP voters are so stupid that their votes could be bought for a free bowl of noodles. If I was a Thai I would find that racially offensive.

This move by the so-called Democrats was all too predictable. Unless they and the people who skulk behind them catch themselves on they run a serious risk of plunging Thailand into a civil war. The freely expressed will of roughly 60% of the electorate can not be overturned.

More around 50% - so the rights of the other 50% can go <deleted> themselves , even if the elected party has broken the law?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people were represented after the PPP were banned. These people gave their power to the MPs.

It was the MPs that the people elected that decided not to support PTP (ex-PPP).

And Mr Banharn alluded during the election campaign to the fact that he was 'leant on' to change sides. The small parties were bulied and 'offered incentives' to change sides

We all know it's going to turn nasty, but it's sad that they cant just except the vote and get on with electing a new opposition leader. Thailand needs a rest from all the upheaval and uncertainty.

The people were represented after the PPP were banned. These people gave their power to the MPs.

It was the MPs that the people elected that decided not to support PTP (ex-PPP).

And Mr Banharn alluded during the election campaign to the fact that he was 'leant on' to change sides. The small parties were bulied and 'offered incentives' to change sides

I think it was not k. Banharn but his younger brother k. Chumpol. Remarks, refuted, 'kiss and make up', all still wondering and lacking details.

2011-06-12 PM ready to clear misunderstanding with Chumpol

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/06/12/national/PM-ready-to-clear-misunderstanding-with-Chumpol-30157613.html

Legitimate? If the judiciary were neutral, which they are not (yet), how could they defend dissolving the party with such a mandate from the people? Parliament is the law, and the people have chosen a new parliament haven't they?

Parliament is not the law.

Parliament MAKES laws,

I thought that the law allowing for the dissolution of the entire party for the actions of one person was made by the Army after the coup rather than the parliament?

Wasn't this law put in place by the Army to allow them the power to disband any government they didn't like under the guise of "Rule of Law".... As stated earlier, the Democrat party could have also been disbanded for the infractions they made, but the fair and impartial judiciary chose not to...

If some one broke the law, doesn't it make more sense to charge the person who broke the law rather than destabilizing the entire government?

If they do this it is just going to make things even worse.... just more fuel to the fire... more claims of double standard... I sometimes wonder if it their goal to keep pushing and pushing and pushing until things really explode... Are they are trying to cause a violent revolution?

It appears that some people have had a change of hearts. In another thread the very same people defending the move by the Democrats to dispute the decision of a majority of the Thai electorate were up in arms over some people's right to bring a civil suit when false allegations were made.

Yes, the Democrats can bring any action they can substantiate. It is part of the civil process of the peaceful resolution of disputes. it is up to an independent judiciary to decide the merits of the case. Is the judiciary independent enough to rule in an unbiased manner? However, it is obvious to anyone that understands, that the electorate spoke and that the Democrats are engaged in a last gasp to hold onto power. The Democrats have no mandate to govern. The party was repudiated at the polls. All that this does is further the perception of the voters that abandoned the Democrats ,that the Democrats will not respect the election results.

Until the decision is rendered, the PTP has a legal mandate to rule. If the PTP is politically savy they will respond head on to the harassment of the Democrats and will let loose a volley of countersuits and start doing everything legally possible to make the Democrats understand that. the people have spoken. In the meantime, the Democrats have undermined the stability of the nation and struck a blow against the nation. If people did not understand why there are such heated passions from PTP supporters, perhaps they will get it now. The Democrats are anti democratic and sore losers.

There is a difference between spurious nuisance suits to silence critics and filing a legitimate electoral grievance.

And yet again this has nothing to do with anyones mandate or the lack of one.

You premise, yet again, is based in false logic or simple bias.

For you reminder. Thaksin was member of the CFR a globalist community and connected with secret groups like Bilderbergers and Illuminati. Interesting of what's going on in the background.

Here a transcript during his visit in 2006

A Conversation with Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of Thailand [Rush Transcript; Federal News Service, Inc.]

Speaker: Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister, ThailandPresider: Maurice R. Greenberg, Chairman and CEO, C.V. Starr & Co., Inc.September 18, 2006

Council on Foreign Relations

New York, NY

MAURICE R. GREENBERG: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to today’s Council on Foreign Relations meeting with our special guest, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand. ... http://www.cfr.org/thailand/conversation-thaksin-shinawatra-prime-minister-thailand-rush-transcript-federal-news-service-inc/p11482

Here below the original lobbying report of Mr Thaksin in 2010

AmsterdamCollection.jpg

Statement on AEC Assets Seizure

HOUSTON, June 12 /PRNewswire/ --

- Statement from Michael Goldberg; Chair of the International Dispute Resolution Section at Baker Botts LLP

The seizure of Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra's assets by a committee appointed by the coup leaders represents a major escalation in the Thai military junta's willingness to trample internationally accepted norms of due process and rule of law.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=200250

I thought the people have chosen already ? In all "Democracy" voice of people is usually legitimate . I understand they might be disappointed but I don think it will help to reunited Thais. :annoyed:

The point is, that if PTP has committed a dissolvable infraction, then it is totally legitimate to dissolve them,

If the party has NOT, then there should be no worries for them.

Historically they have screwed up. And considering the public extolling of banned players in their midst, this doesn't bode well. I have wondered when they would learn from past mistakes, we will now see if they have or not.

with respect that is all bullshite, the people voted the people don't give a <deleted> about rules and regulations, nor do I in my own country or this, if I vote, then I vote for who I want in power, What you said That is all b---<deleted> and if you support it then all your interlectual, reasoning, and discrimination skills are inferior regardless how educated you may have been

You seem focused on power solely, and not about gaining and maintaining power via the laws of the country. I am thankful you are not leading a nation. If they broke the law to get themselves elected then they should pay the penalty. Very simple. So sorry you can't grasp the legal nicety.

There will be blood? Perhaps, probably, who knows? I guess the question might be who's blood. Irrational exuberance that this recent election actually solved anything was premature.

My enthusiasm is suitably curbed.

I think that the most offensive thing mentioned in the OP is that some clown has accused Yingluck of handing out free bowls of noodles at a rally. The implication is that PTP voters are so stupid that their votes could be bought for a free bowl of noodles. If I was a Thai I would find that racially offensive.

This move by the so-called Democrats was all too predictable. Unless they and the people who skulk behind them catch themselves on they run a serious risk of plunging Thailand into a civil war. The freely expressed will of roughly 60% of the electorate can not be overturned.

More around 50% - so the rights of the other 50% can go <deleted> themselves , even if the elected party has broken the law?

You seem to be unfamiliar with the basic principles of how parliamentary democracy works. You also seem to be unfamiliar with the specific results of this election. PTP won 53% of the vote. Votes cast for their proposed coalition partners would raise that total to well over 60%. The Democrat party secured 31.8% of the vote. In a democracy the losing party takes it's seats on the opposition benches and tries again at the next election.

As for your crack about "...even if the elected party has broken the law", well I can't get too worked up about a few free bowls of noodles handed out at an election rally.

You seem to be unfamiliar with the basic principles of how parliamentary democracy works. You also seem to be unfamiliar with the specific results of this election. PTP won 53% of the vote. Votes cast for their proposed coalition partners would raise that total to well over 60%. The Democrat party secured 31.8% of the vote. In a democracy the losing party takes it's seats on the opposition benches and tries again at the next election.

As for your crack about "...even if the elected party has broken the law", well I can't get too worked up about a few free bowls of noodles handed out at an election rally.

Not unfamiliar at all. I'm merely making a point that 53% of people voted for PT, those other coalition partners are only in it for getting their noses in the trough. Even so, it's still 40% of the population that would then have to endure a party that is nothing but a proxy for a convicted fugitive. My main point is, that there are likely to ave been a number of alleged breeches of the law in the PT party getting elected. I'm amazed how people now seem to forget that in democracies, parties generally abide by the law, and if they break them - then there are normally consequences. I think the noodles, is a rather moot point (but one you seem to be interested in) - far more the fact that banned politicians have been linked to running the party, and that a number of other people within that particular party have also been heavily involved in the disgraceful scenes in April 2009 and May 2010.

The 'noodle case' is a sub-plot. The actual OP is on 'Dem's seek ban on Thaksin's party'.

Please note that till now about 190 cases are reported to the EC describing possible irregularities. The case filed by the Dem's is only one of them. This has nothing to do with who won, who got the most votes, or who smiles nicest. It's about the Election Law and asking the EC to investigate cases and decide if they are groundless, need further investigation or should lead to asking a court to decide on the seriousness. Legally, rule of law.

All the remarks about 'but they have a majority' are TOTALLY irrelevant :angry:

oops - Abhisit with a banned politician, anyone remember the occasion?

A symbol of how inept PTP was ,

they never thought to file anything like this to break up the BJT branch of the coalition.

Now that BJT is marginalized the Dems can file against PTP,

and I just can't compare Newins level of malevolence to Thaksins

though legal point is not always judge by size of infractions and simply on point of infraction.

I never understood why Phua Thai allowed banned politicians to actively campaign and plan policy. They knew they were breaking the law. Surely they had to expect a legal challenge? Here we go again indeed :rolleyes:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

We all know it's going to turn nasty, but it's sad that they cant just except the vote and get on with electing a new opposition leader. Thailand needs a rest from all the upheaval and uncertainty.

Why simply accept a vote based on what they believe were fraudulent and illegal practices?

I never understood my Phua Thai allowed banned politicians to actively campaign and plan policy. They knew they were breaking the law. Surely they had to expect a legal challenge? Here we go again indeed :rolleyes:

Those that can not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I never understood my Phua Thai allowed banned politicians to actively campaign and plan policy. They knew they were breaking the law. Surely they had to expect a legal challenge? Here we go again indeed :rolleyes:

It's because they have no respect for any laws - hence their activities on the streets of Bangkok in 2009 and 2010.

EC rejects complaints against Abhist, Newin

Published on February 19, 2009

The Election Commission Thursday rejected a complaint filed by the Pheu Thai Party against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva which alleged him with violating the charter by working with banned party executives to form his coalition government. The EC decided that Abhisit had not violated the Constitution when his Democrat Party was negotiating with other parties to form a coalition government. The Pheu Thai alleged that Abhisit violated the charter by cooprating with banned party executives, especially Newin Chidchob, to set up the coalition.

http://www.nationmul...n-30096100.html

Just a thought....................in the absence of SJ I thought you'd like this photo to remind you of that special occasion.

551000015611906.jpg

Edited by phiphidon

EC rejects complaints against Abhist, Newin

Published on February 19, 2009

The Election Commission Thursday rejected a complaint filed by the Pheu Thai Party against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva which alleged him with violating the charter by working with banned party executives to form his coalition government. The EC decided that Abhisit had not violated the Constitution when his Democrat Party was negotiating with other parties to form a coalition government. The Pheu Thai alleged that Abhisit violated the charter by cooprating with banned party executives, especially Newin Chidchob, to set up the coalition.

http://www.nationmul...n-30096100.html

Just a thought....................

Ah. my bad I had forgotten they did file and lose this one...

so many attacks to remember, so little time.

Edited by animatic

wow, somw like it hot ...

In Thailand’s case, 38% of Thailand’s eligible voters chose a party openly run by a convicted criminal, living in exile in Dubai, who consorts with some of the most notorious warmongers, neo-imperialists, free-traders, and international meddlers on earth. Since the 2006 coup that deposed Thaksin Shinawatra, he has been represented by global elitists via their lobbying firms, including Kenneth Adelman of the Edelman PR firm (Freedom House, International Crisis Group, PNAC), James Baker of Baker Botts (CFR), Robert Blackwill of Barbour Griffith & Rogers (CFR), Kobre & Kim, and currently Robert Amsterdam of Amsterdam & Peroff (Chatham House). Meanwhile, his street mobs dubbed the “red shirts” have received rhetorical support by US-funded NGOs like Prachatai which received 1.5 million baht from the Neo-Con lined National Endowment for Democracy.With mere pittances on record paid to these organizations for their global campaign on Thaksin’s behalf, and now with his party back in power, it will be time to pay the real fee for doing business with the global elite. Expect sweeping “economic liberalizations” while NGOs move in to build up an even more invasive network within Thailand.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/thailand-globalist-stooge-returns-to-power.html

OMG accidents happen ThaiMyths.com site gone - September 29, 2007

The ThaiMyths.com site, set up by USA for Innovation, has just disappeared from the net. Previously, USA for Innovation, a short-lived website set up to pressure the Thai regime, stopped posting two days after deposed PM Thaksin ended his association with lobbying group Edelman.

For you reminder. Thaksin was member of the CFR a globalist community and connected with secret groups like Bilderbergers and Illuminati. Interesting of what's going on in the background.

Here a transcript during his visit in 2006

A Conversation with Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of Thailand [Rush Transcript; Federal News Service, Inc.]

Speaker: Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister, ThailandPresider: Maurice R. Greenberg, Chairman and CEO, C.V. Starr & Co., Inc.September 18, 2006

Council on Foreign Relations

New York, NY

MAURICE R. GREENBERG: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to today's Council on Foreign Relations meeting with our special guest, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand. ... http://www.cfr.org/t...vice-inc/p11482

Here below the original lobbying report of Mr Thaksin in 2010

AmsterdamCollection.jpg

Statement on AEC Assets Seizure

HOUSTON, June 12 /PRNewswire/ --

- Statement from Michael Goldberg; Chair of the International Dispute Resolution Section at Baker Botts LLP

The seizure of Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra's assets by a committee appointed by the coup leaders represents a major escalation in the Thai military junta's willingness to trample internationally accepted norms of due process and rule of law.

http://www.prnewswir...lease?id=200250

Oh my gosh, a letter statement from Thaksins lawyers.

Earth shaking that they don't agree with the freezing of his assets.

And diffused via the

Copyright © 2011 PR Newswire Europe Limited. All rights reserved

Or Public Relations Newswire.

And organ for disseminating a PR companies point of view.

Run by United Business Media http://www.ubm.com/

UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world’s buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world.

International Dispute Resolution Section at Baker Botts LLP

Former Reagan cabinet minister Jim Bakers law company.

It is notable that they no longer seem to work for Thaksin,

in any capacity, in several years, and he's now slumming with Amsterdam.

Old news recycled just in time for Yinglucks 'reexamination' of Thaksins case.

Totally predictable Public Relations / Perception Management tactics.

It is not unusual to freeze assets under dispute in most all nations, when there is reasonable cause to suspect the assets will disappear if this is not done promptly.

Thaksin accounts were being emptied at this point and the government of the time prudently moved to stop those transfers. And just as prudently Thaksin hire lawyers to argue this wasn't right. Doesn't mean it wasn't right, only that the lawyers thought not, because that backed their clients interests and he pays the billable hours

Edited by animatic

I find this ending of the article very interesting

So while it may seem like a crushing defeat, it is still too early to tell. Whether Thaksin’s sister can consolidate once again her brother’s autocratic grip on power, annihilate his enemies, and allow him to return to power and pay back the likes of James Baker, Edelman, Robert Amsterdam, and Robert Blackwill their full “fees” or not will mark the progress of the globalists in their attempt to reestablish control of Southeast Asia and subsequently contain China. For now, the window of opportunity seems open for both sides, while time seems to be on the side of those favoring a multipolar world order.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/thailand-globalist-stooge-returns-to-power.html

I thought the people have chosen already ? In all "Democracy" voice of people is usually legitimate . I understand they might be disappointed but I don think it will help to reunited Thais. :annoyed:

Democrats and their masters don't want to reunite anybody, they just want to rob and oppress.

The 'noodle case' is a sub-plot. The actual OP is on 'Dem's seek ban on Thaksin's party'.

Please note that till now about 190 cases are reported to the EC describing possible irregularities. The case filed by the Dem's is only one of them. This has nothing to do with who won, who got the most votes, or who smiles nicest. It's about the Election Law and asking the EC to investigate cases and decide if they are groundless, need further investigation or should lead to asking a court to decide on the seriousness. Legally, rule of law.

All the remarks about 'but they have a majority' are TOTALLY irrelevant :angry:

No, it's about trying every way they can to retain/get back power without actually winning an election. Your implication about the dem's "case" being filed as only one of 190 cases is misleading - are they all against the PTP? Do you have details of the 190 cases and will you share them with us? See my other post about what happens when a party files a case against another party dealing with banned political figures - will the same happen here?

I find this ending of the article very interesting

So while it may seem like a crushing defeat, it is still too early to tell. Whether Thaksin's sister can consolidate once again her brother's autocratic grip on power, annihilate his enemies, and allow him to return to power and pay back the likes of James Baker, Edelman, Robert Amsterdam, and Robert Blackwill their full "fees" or not will mark the progress of the globalists in their attempt to reestablish control of Southeast Asia and subsequently contain China. For now, the window of opportunity seems open for both sides, while time seems to be on the side of those favoring a multipolar world order.

http://www.prisonpla...s-to-power.html

Blah blah blah...yeah because Thailand's really all about China.

whistling.gif