Disturbing The Peace!

patsfangr

We thai people are sure not afraid of consequences...

But this kind of things,is part of our culture,and normal as we grew up whit this.

And most people stay here because of the rules.....the rules we don't have and this ...falang likes.

And it is enoying,loud music when you want to sleep...but ....if you want to put new rules in our countries to look same same your country...for sure loud music will be somewhere last on the list to review.

You want new rules,lets start giving 135 euro for a red light,100 euro for no helmet and 100 euro for no drivers license,a 250 euro for drunk driving...just like in 1 world countries....and i could going on putting new rules just to make you happy...

How much we fine for to loud music??....

And we also will look at the falang bar owners ect....we will do everything by the book...so you can sleep and the rest of the falangs suffer because you want to put new rules...

well..one solution for you,buy a small island and live there...Thailand for sure has some for sell....but if a big party boat passes by whit loud music...well.....you always could ask MR Optimus Prime from the Transformers to teleport you to another dimension whitout any noise....

And good singing or not ,these musics are not offensive!!!for sure you could not even understand what they sing.....

And dude if you have more things that irritates you about Thailand....

Get used to it ,like you said it's not your country or..

Go back where you came from ,so you can sleep or call the police if someones having a party.

Or a good shrink also could help you whit your Thailand irritations...

Some falangs just don't know what to do whit there lives like eddy murphy said in delirious...it's my house and if you don't like it get the .....out of it.

It's not only the sound, but it is with everything that has to do with other people-awareness:

- holding a door of a store or office for somebody else

- burning garbage in a busy residential area

- driving a car or motorbike

- cleaning out ones nose in a busy restaurant

- talk out loud un-necessarily, the listener is 50 cm away

- organize parties on your doorstep

- let the dog shit right in front of your home

- having discussions and family-meetings in the corridors at Tesco, BigC or any other supermarket

- and of course: loud music, noise and those bloody people who think that they are Tata Young or Justin Bieber.

In brief: it's the total lack of the awareness of the people around them (including the environment)

lack of awardness or lack of education and schooling...

But this kind of things,is part of our culture,and normal as we grew up whit this.

And most people stay here because of the rules.....the rules we don't have and this ...falang likes.

And it is enoying,loud music when you want to sleep...but ....if you want to put new rules in our countries to look same same your country...for sure loud music will be somewhere last on the list to review.

You want new rules,lets start giving 135 euro for a red light,100 euro for no helmet and 100 euro for no drivers license,a 250 euro for drunk driving...just like in 1 world countries....and i could going on putting new rules just to make you happy...

And we also will look at the falang bar owners ect....we will do everything by the book...so you can sleep and the rest of the falangs suffer because you want to put new rules...

well..one solution for you,buy a small island and live there...Thailand for sure has some for sell....but if a big party boat passes by whit loud music...well.....you always could ask MR Optimus Prime from the Transformers to teleport you to another dimension whitout any noise....

And good singing or not ,these musics are not offensive!!!for sure you could not even understand what they sing.....

Go back where you came from ,so you can sleep or call the police if someones having a party.

Some falangs just don't know what to do whit there lives like eddy murphy said in delirious...it's my house and if you don't like it get the .....out of it.

Yeah right.........things as described by you have nothing to do with written rules or law but with social behavior, and social behavior is captured in un-written rules and has everything to do with consequences of peoples actions towards other people. Social behavior is also a part of people's education and schooling. Sure, the lack of social awareness and self-respect is a part of Thailand's culture, but that doesn't mean that it is right, is it?

Another very-important culture-thing in Thailand is the "losing-face-subject". I am absolutely sure that Thai people can be and will be annoyed about noise-production, but they are afraid of losing face if they complain, so it is easier not to complain and swallow the annoyance.

Comparing traffic fines in the West with Thai traffic fines is a bit out of line.........I mean a fine of THB 300 for not wearing a helmet is percentage-wise similar to Euro 125 for the same offence in the West. The fine for loud music in Thailand.........no idea, but I only know that most karaoke-bars in residential areas are owned by the people who should enforce the law on noise-production and if they are owned by regular Thais or farangs, the joint will have to shut down eventually.

Don't get me wrong here........I am not annoyed by the fact that a regular Thai makes a lot of noise, can't behave in traffic or doesn't hold the door, I'm just annoyed about the lack of people's-awareness and social behavior.............and that people basically don't give a sh*t about the consequences of their behavior, knowing that nobody will complain in order to prevent from losing face. "People" in my last phrase can be read as Thai as well as 'guests'. jap.gif

Yeah right.........things as described by you have nothing to do with written rules or law but with social behavior, and social behavior is captured in un-written rules and has everything to do with consequences of peoples actions towards other people. Social behavior is also a part of people's education and schooling. Sure, the lack of social awareness and self-respect is a part of Thailand's culture, but that doesn't mean that it is right, is it?

Another very-important culture-thing in Thailand is the "losing-face-subject". I am absolutely sure that Thai people can be and will be annoyed about noise-production, but they are afraid of losing face if they complain, so it is easier not to complain and swallow the annoyance.

Comparing traffic fines in the West with Thai traffic fines is a bit out of line.........I mean a fine of THB 300 for not wearing a helmet is percentage-wise similar to Euro 125 for the same offence in the West. The fine for loud music in Thailand.........no idea, but I only know that most karaoke-bars in residential areas are owned by the people who should enforce the law on noise-production and if they are owned by regular Thais or farangs, the joint will have to shut down eventually.

Don't get me wrong here........I am not annoyed by the fact that a regular Thai makes a lot of noise, can't behave in traffic or doesn't hold the door, I'm just annoyed about the lack of people's-awareness and social behavior.............and that people basically don't give a sh*t about the consequences of their behavior, knowing that nobody will complain in order to prevent from losing face. "People" in my last phrase can be read as Thai as well as 'guests'. jap.gif

jap.gif

Typical Yank never stops moaning.

typical Honda driver, never stops loving his heritage.

Heh Heh. Reminds me of a patch a Harley Davidson riding mate of mine had on the back of his jacket way back when. " I would rather have a sister working in a whorehouse than a brother in law who rides a Honda!"