Thaksin Says That New Govt May Spend Two Years To Reconcile Thailand

Lite Beer

New govt may spend two years to reconcile Thailand : Thaksin

By The Nation

Yingluck government may have to spend about two years before being able to bring back the national reconciliation, her brother, Thaksin Shinawatra said.

Thaksin said the first priorities of the government of Yingluck Shinawatra should be the reconciliation of all sides which should be done along with resolving the economy problems.

In what was believed to be an exclusive interview with Matichon newspaper and published on the paper's website today, Thaksin said by next year, all conflicting parties are expected to be able to "kiss" one another and united the country.

Thaksin was speaking from Dubai where he has been taking refuge after being sentenced to a two-year jail term in Thailand for corruption and abuse of power.

He has stepped up his interviews and role following his sister, Yingluck, and her Pheu Thai party's clear victory over Democrat Party of Abhisit Vejjajiva in the July 3 election.

"I already discussed with Pheu Thai's executives and we agree that the government should talk to all sides to restore the national reconciliation".

Apparently referring to investigation on the deaths during the May violence, Thaksin said what is necessary for now is that those who were guilty accepted the mistakes.

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished

I wonder why he said that ?????

Yeah, exactly - Thaksin is looking to cash in his get of jai free cards now his family puppet is in power :bah:

"I already discussed with Pheu Thai's executives [not Yingluck?] and we agree that the government should...[...]

Looks like "Big Brother" is trying to make it clear who is in charge of PTP. Let's wait for Yingluck's response.

Give peace a chance. If everyone is bend on getting their 'revenge'....reconciliation will never happen.

Let's start by nice to each other, shall we?

You have to understand the depth of hatred for the man down here, and it's not just a Muslim thing.

Give peace a chance. If everyone is bend on getting their 'revenge'....reconciliation will never happen.

Let's start by nice to each other, shall we?

There's a lot more to it than that. As for reconciliation - I didn't see the Red Shirt thugs particularly interested in that in 2009 and 2010 when they trashed Bangkok.

The only reconciliation that Thaksin wants, is with his money.

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

Let's hope the red shirts accept that they have done wrong, because they haven't shown even a tiny bit of acceptance yet.

Let's hope the red shirts accept that they have done wrong, because they haven't shown even a tiny bit of acceptance yet.

I wonder if Mr T will accept his mistakes (actions)? Pretty unlikely though.

K. Chalerm will be disappointed. First made in charge of a commission on amnesty, only to be told it's not important or a priority. In fire breathing mood he tells 'amnesty for all except k. Abhisit / Sutthep of course'. Now k. Thaksin pulls the rug from under him "It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished."

Must be difficult to be a party list MP of standing and being humbled by Shinawatras, even if some of them smile nicely :ermm:

K. Chalerm will be disappointed. First made in charge of a commission on amnesty, only to be told it's not important or a priority. In fire breathing mood he tells 'amnesty for all except k. Abhisit / Sutthep of course'. Now k. Thaksin pulls the rug from under him "It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished."

Must be difficult to be a party list MP of standing and being humbled by Shinawatras, even if some of them smile nicely :ermm:

Perhaps his fellow PTP-MP Mingkwan can offer him sympathy or advice, on how to live with betrayal sudden-reversal-of-orders, by the boss ? :unsure: Or perhaps Ms-Yingluck will now stamp her authority on the party, by leaping to his defense, then again perhaps not. :whistling:

Edited by Ricardo

Considering that Yingluck already announced numerous times that she is not a puppet, why does Mr Thaksin speak?

Why does he hold interviews? or gets to express any opinion at all?

I mean it really is becoming rather ridiculous, a convicted criminal on the run gets to speak, hold interviews and create policy's.

I would say TIT , but i think its already beyond that.

Yeah, he's rubbing it in. You have to wonder why exactly. I think he may be baiting the other side to do something rash, so that he can play out some clever strategy he has in mind. Too bad he just couldn't "retire" and fade away ...

Edited by Jingthing

By virtue of that statement it is blatantly obvious that Thaksin A.K.A. Yingluck and the P.T.P. is/ are intent on manipulating the legal system and parliamentary procedure to ensure or rather demand the return of the money he ( Thaksin) pilfered and a quashing of his gaol sentence. Demonoracy lives sad to say

Indeed one does wonder how long it will be before the lit fuse hits the powder keg.

Edited by siampolee

By virtue of that statement it is blatantly obvious that Thaksin A.K.A. Yingluck and the P.T.P. is/ are intent on manipulating the legal system and parliamentary procedure to ensure or rather demand the return of the money he ( Thaksin) pilfered and a quashing of his gaol sentence. Demonoracy lives sad to say

Indeed one does wonder how long it will be before the lit fuse hits the powder keg.

do not forget it is NOT only the money confiscated but also all the money spent on undermining the government, protests etc etc etc, I am sure the amounts he is expecting are double if not triple to what has officially been taken off him.

Does anyone know what happened to the money frozen in UK? has it been released or ...?

Yingluck has a really deep voice for a woman and it sounds strangely just like her brother TS talking. :ermm:

Could she be a clone???

The sex change treatment & surgery is pretty impressive in Thailand.... 5555

World Cup and Olympic bids plus Royal Wedding - anything left over goes to HMRC!!!!

do not forget it is NOT only the money confiscated but also all the money spent on undermining the government, protests etc etc etc, I am sure the amounts he is expecting are double if not triple to what has officially been taken off him.

Does anyone know what happened to the money frozen in UK? has it been released or ...?

2 years to re-entrench his control of the nations mechanisms to lock in power,

or 2 years needed to wind down his street army of thugs and zealots and sideline the Red Leaders till needed again?

Or does this simply mean both.

Edited by animatic

You can bet that Thaksin is just itching something awful to be back in power - so much more money to steal! so many more people to take revenge against! 15 billion dollars is not enough? Poor deluded, shallow little man......