Missed The 90 Days Reporting

Hi, I have heared, that immigration cannot control (by computer) the 90 days reporting. If I miss the date by more than 7 days, can I just leave the country (e.g. 1 or 2 months later)? Immigration, when leaving the country, can not check, if I reported my last 90 days.

Thanks for your help.

What the h-ll do you hope to gain by avoiding the 90 day reporting? Strictly speaking your passport should have the 90 day report receipt stapled into your passport. Do you think immigration (at departure) are too dumb not to be able to calculate the number of days from entry to departure? The only thing going for you in this scenario is that immigration on departure probably don't care, not their scope of work.

Not sure as you didn't say, what visa and conditions are you here on?

Secondly, don't treat the Thai as idiots, if you do then it will cost you. Also simply put, don't trust their information completely either. I have heard so many times that the employees at the immigration department don't know their laws completely. So if you have a question for them, always go to the most senior person you can, and most importantly, in the right area of immigration to get your answers as many of the workers there only know their little bit of the whole process.

Not sure as you didn't say, what visa and conditions are you here on?

Secondly, don't treat the Thai as idiots, if you do then it will cost you. Also simply put, don't trust their information completely either. I have heard so many times that the employees at the immigration department don't know their laws completely. So if you have a question for them, always go to the most senior person you can, and most importantly, in the right area of immigration to get your answers as many of the workers there only know their little bit of the whole process.

In this case types of visa or the conditions are irrelevant as the OP is specifically referring to 90 day reporting.

Actually all the information is available at the airport when one leaves. When I last the left time the person ahead of me was taken away because they found he had overstayed.

Overstaying is not the same as missing doing a 90 day report.

90 day reporting is done by ex-pats with 1 year extension of stay from immigrations in Thailand

The next 90 day check in will be from the time you enter the country again. I went to check in and was told my original 90 day slip was not valid and I was too early and was to calculate from my date of entry. I doubt anything will come from it. The whole ninety day process is basically just an exercise of harassment.

there may be an issue when you do your extension again. It beats me if all those check ins and copies of passport pages are recorded.

Make sure to get re entry permit.

Edited by whopper

Done it myself before. No big deal. I missed by a month. Just go do your report. Plead stupidity. They think we're stupid anyways so it will fit with their assumptions and you will be fine.

Done it myself before. No big deal. I missed by a month. Just go do your report. Plead stupidity. They think we're stupid anyways so it will fit with their assumptions and you will be fine.

And fined 2,000 baht for late reporting.

Your are correct sir... I believe I was fined, now that I think about it.

And fined 2,000 baht for late reporting.

This in today on an Udon-based forum:

"Just left immigration after paying 2k baht because I missed my 90-day report day. No problem my fault.

New new new - The 'reminder' which has not changed in the 7 years I've been here (the paper that reminds you of

the date for your next 90-day report; stapled in your passport) has been replaced.

NOW - a smaller reminder. Here is part of the wording (in red) to be worried about.....EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS:

Any ALIEN, who fails to comply with, will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5000 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

Anyone hear/see anything like this at other immigration offices?