Thai Men

kunash

In the west, many gentlemen start to go bald from their 30's or 40's onwards.

I am sure there must be bald thai men out there, but i have not seen one. it must be true to say, at least, thai men do not suffer from baldness as much as their western counterpart. why is this? is it genes or stress, or..? have you seen a bald thai man?

My boyfriend's Dad is bald apart from a fringe round the edge. The boyfriend looks to be going that way too. I'd swap him for a new one if I didn't love him quite so much (the boyfriend not the Dad). ;)

Indeed a rare sight in the general population, although I have an "in-law" aged 35 who is seriously thinning on top.

My missus tells me it's because he drank too much beer when he was younger, while eyeing my healthy thatch expectantly, waiting for the first sign of "I told you so".

so they are out there then. i guess i will have to look harder.

what about grey hair on thai men? again i dont see, but maybe they dye it.

They are indeed there.

But as one member stated, more rare in the general population than back in the west.

And the baseball caps cover it.

I know a few here.

They grey hair?

That is an easy one. They color it dark again.

Same as the Philippinos and Malays do.

I have had so many questions from the hair dressers if I want to die my hair darker again where the grey have appeared.

When I say no, they look at me with big eyes, like they think, why in the name of Buddha would he keep his grey hair.

Word to comfort thos follicly challenged tv members..."It takes a good man to grow hair on his head, but a better man to where it off"

Is it true that thais thing you are a sex addict if you have a hairy chest? No wonder my eyes are so bad.

Got a cousin in law who is pretty bald and has been since his 30's I think. But the 75 year old FIL has a healthy head of hair many guys half his age would envy.

They are out there but its very rare.

edit: oh yes, Thai men gray, but many also dye their hair, same as the ladies

Word to comfort thos follicly challenged tv members..."It takes a good man to grow hair on his head, but a better man to where it off"

Is it true that thais thing you are a sex addict if you have a hairy chest? No wonder my eyes are so bad.

Hair does not grow on brains

What a bunch of idiotic and nonsense posts. Thais bald at the same frequency as their western counterparts. There is no genetic difference in hair loss rates among the 3 races of Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negroid. caps have as much to do with it as tight dresses make women fat.

I guess I will get a warning for using the M and N words but those are the names of the other 2 races. And no, oriental is not a race.

What a bunch of idiotic and nonsense posts. Thais bald at the same frequency as their western counterparts. There is no genetic difference in hair loss rates among the 3 races of Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negroid. caps have as much to do with it as tight dresses make women fat.

I guess I will get a warning for using the M and N words but those are the names of the other 2 races. And no, oriental is not a race.

Actually, fat women make dresses tight would be more accurate.

Statistics huh, got some?

Saw a bald one just yesterday in a toll booth at Luam Phang I think he had alopetia or something and he had a cover over his head but what you could see indicated serious balding. Hopefully he wasn't on Chemo and still having to work with that nasty fight on his hands :(

Edited by WarpSpeed

if thai men are not getting bald means they're low on testosterone.

I also think that a lack of testosterone could be the reason asian men don't seem to bald as

much as westerners, i also think that's why so many ladyboys can easily take a course

of female hormones and look so feminine.

There is no genetic difference in hair loss rates among the 3 races of Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negroid. caps have as much to do with it as tight dresses make women fat.

You should get a warning for promoting the idea of there being no regional differences between people. Tumbled lies like that encourage racism.

There's apparently a significant genetic contribution to baldness, so it would be very odd for there to be no regional differences. Whites suffer most and American Indians least. Confusingly, though, there is also some evidence that diet has an effect - fat seems to encourage baldness.