Where Can I Buy A Luggage Scale In Chiang Mai?

sjo

There is a great portable set (compact, about 20 cm X 10 cm X 2.5 cm, and weighs about 200 grams) available, and I'm sure you'd get one at the shops in the airport complex. I have one, bought at an Australian airport though.

The one I have has a digital readout, pounds and kilos.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I found a hanging spring scale to 30 Kg which is small enough to take with me. 900 Baht.

It was at a store near Thapae gate, on the left-hand side about 50 m north of the Black Canyon Coffee.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I found a hanging spring scale to 30 Kg which is small enough to take with me. 900 Baht.

It was at a store near Thapae gate, on the left-hand side about 50 m north of the Black Canyon Coffee.

I know exactly the shop, wanted some digital scales, in there 1500bht, got the same set from Mae Sai 300bht! Now that's a margin!

Edited by kjhbigv

For an international flight, I used two domestic scales that read 29.5 and 29.6 kg. Guess what, when I checked in I had 31.3.......go figure. I deliberately left something weighing a kilo and half on the top, so I just whisked it into my hand luggage, which already weighed 14 kilograms (yeah I know it's an allowance of 7) and no-one gave a toss.Had a back up plan of transferring about 7 kilogram of dark chocolate into my duty free carrier bag.