Why Do You Love Your Bike?

mezcal

What kind of biker are you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are so many different kind of bikes out there and even more types of riders. Even the aficionados of my bike (Yamaha SR400) split up in cafe racers, bobbers, trackers and all the grey areas in between. There are speed freaks, tourers, off roaders, cruisers and so on...

So, I was wondering what it is that binds you to your bike. Why do you love it? What are its peculiarities that soften your heart?

As for me, it's the timeless look, the technical simplicity, the endless possibilities for modifications, the thumping sound of the single cylinder and the fact I can work on it without being overwhelmed by spaceship technology. smile.gif

Would be interesting to know how it is for you guys....

cheers

Markus

A very interesting question you have raised here,and I wuold suspect you will get many different types of answers to it. And it is one those things you do not think about too much because we just accept the enjoyment that our bikes give to us. Well here we go in Thailand I own a BMW R 1100S which gives enormous pleasure it is powerful and comfortable enough to used as a touring bike, and it handles it self very well when you get into the twisties. The boxer engine concept has been around for decades so it is hardly rocket science when it comes to maintenance ( which I do myself ) you would not leave your baby with someone you do not know would you? and it is a lot of fun modifying different things to improve it to your own liking, And also I have never heard her complain only a gentle purring noise after startup unlike my other love ( hope she wont read this ) Maybe more to follow when I have more time to think. IB

Perhaps the "other" should be scooter.

I like how there are many types of bike that offer different types of fun.

I started on a supersport, then moved onto pocketbike racing, then a naked bike, then a scooter, then a motard, and now have a dual sport.

Variety is what keeps me going.

I can't hear the missus with my helmet on.

Ah you are on to me? thats why I have have not bought the intercom system for our helmets!

My dear father would roll over in his grave to think of helmet intercoms. They'll be wanting to bl%&dy well vote next!

Should be a law against them.

Choose a colour for the T-shirts and let's stop this nonsense.

I reckon..

I LOVED the BMW R1150R I had in the States, had it decked out for touring and put 80,000 miles on it in two and a half years. But here, I cannot in good conscience spend a premium of 120% MORE to have such a motorcycle here, so I have settled for an affordable Kawasaki ER6n.

In answer to your question: "If you can't have the one you lovesad.gif, love the one you're withcool.gif!"

I LOVED the BMW R1150R I had in the States, had it decked out for touring and put 80,000 miles on it in two and a half years. But here, I cannot in good conscience spend a premium of 120% MORE to have such a motorcycle here, so I have settled for an affordable Kawasaki ER6n.

In answer to your question: "If you can't have the one you lovesad.gif, love the one you're withcool.gif!"

Or 'rent' the one you want to love...:whistling:

Perhaps the "other" should be scooter.

I like how there are many types of bike that offer different types of fun.

I started on a supersport, then moved onto pocketbike racing, then a naked bike, then a scooter, then a motard, and now have a dual sport.

Variety is what keeps me going.

The trick is, and I have mastered this, is to have them all at the same time you you can choose depending on how you feel :jap: