Red-Shirt Leader Suphon 'Isan Rambo' Calls For Peace

webfact

You have missed the point of my post once again. I'm not saying you must stop before we do - you said that about me. Again, you attempt to hijack the meaning of my posts - so perhaps you did get the point, and choose to prevaricate. Whatever.

My point is that Abhisit and the Democrats are not shouting at the Thai people that Thaksin is no good (like the red radio says about Abhisit); Abhisit and the Democrats are not shouting at the Thai people that Thaksin is a murderer (like the red radio says about Abhisit); and many, many other examples. [And yes, the broadcasters DO shout - it gets old sometimes, hearing the radio from across the street lol.] The red radio stations are still fomenting rebellion, NOT reconciliation. If you cannot or will not see that, I feel sorry for you.

Your attempt to sway me to letting the red shirt radio stations have a few months to change their tune fails.

Now - how about you go back and look at my posts, answer my questions, and stop hijacking?

Thank you.

Abhisit....speech.....circa 26th june.....Central World

Edited by 473geo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then perhaps democracy is not a form of government well suited to these people. Democracy is rife with ongoing political infighting, but it must be not outside the rule of law. I guess that's where their Red Education camps let them down.

Perhaps the true form of democracy has to evolve in an unorthadox way that suits the country, but that appears too much for many outsiders to comprehend

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the larger regional issues playing out. That Thailand remains a country is by no means a given.

I think that would take a huge effort from any angle, I doubt there are many in Thailand with the resilience to go that route, but you may be correct

Then perhaps democracy is not a form of government well suited to these people. Democracy is rife with ongoing political infighting, but it must be not outside the rule of law. I guess that's where their Red Education camps let them down.

Perhaps the true form of democracy has to evolve in an unauthadox way that suits the country, but that appears too much for many outsiders to comprehend

Edit unorthadox spelling

Democracy was indeed never given anywhere. It came in every way from when somewhat "enlightened" conservatives/elites gave ground under pressure right up to after very violent struggles. And then after the establishment of democracy the development of it in other places came through various forms of struggle that was sometimes violent. That process is still going in many places now. Thailand is unlikely to be any different from other places

Edited by hammered

You have missed the point of my post once again. I'm not saying you must stop before we do - you said that about me. Again, you attempt to hijack the meaning of my posts - so perhaps you did get the point, and choose to prevaricate. Whatever.

My point is that Abhisit and the Democrats are not shouting at the Thai people that Thaksin is no good (like the red radio says about Abhisit); Abhisit and the Democrats are not shouting at the Thai people that Thaksin is a murderer (like the red radio says about Abhisit); and many, many other examples. [And yes, the broadcasters DO shout - it gets old sometimes, hearing the radio from across the street lol.] The red radio stations are still fomenting rebellion, NOT reconciliation. If you cannot or will not see that, I feel sorry for you.

Your attempt to sway me to letting the red shirt radio stations have a few months to change their tune fails.

Now - how about you go back and look at my posts, answer my questions, and stop hijacking?

Thank you.

Abhisit....speech.....circa 26th june.....Central World

That was pre-election, according to my calendar. Since then, other than congratulating Yingluck on her victory, what has he said?

He has accepted the election, and resigned his position as party leader. It's the democrat party's legal team that is bringing up the legal points to the EC.

In the meantime he's being denigrated daily on red shirt radio. The person whom they attack has been gracious in the PTP's victory, which in itself is a first step towards reconciliation. I am waiting for the radio stations who influence many thousands of people here in Issan to take a stance of reconciliation. I will continue my wait.

That was pre-election, according to my calendar. Since then, other than congratulating Yingluck on her victory, what has he said?

He has accepted the election, and resigned his position as party leader. It's the democrat party's legal team that is bringing up the legal points to the EC.

In the meantime he's being denigrated daily on red shirt radio. The person whom they attack has been gracious in the PTP's victory, which in itself is a first step towards reconciliation. I am waiting for the radio stations who influence many thousands of people here in Issan to take a stance of reconciliation. I will continue my wait.

I hope the red radio will soon be praising the exploits of PT in government, but it will be at least a few weeks before we have a new PM....if that proves to be the case

Red-shirt leader Suphon Attawong, alias Isan Rambo, has urged all 'colors' to live in harmony and abandon political polarization for the sake of the country. [/Quote]

He's already trousered his considerable payoff then..

Last week 19 UDD leaders were charged with terrorism. I wonder if the Isaan Rambo may have been one of them, and this has "encouraged' him to seek reconciliation. Did he get on the party list?

I wonder also if he would be willing to discuss any sudden increase in his wealth in the last few years, and its source.

BTW nice photo with what looks to be a flash version of an M-79 grenade launcher (you know, those little bombs that killed so many people in BKK).

If it is, it was designed for an idiot! The rifle-style sights would have the heavy exploding projectile hitting the ground a few metres from the firer. The standard version has a rear sight nearly as long as the barrel, and it is fired at a roughly 30-45 degree angle above horizontal.

@473GEO did you notice yesterday's thread on the effect's of the pay rise, corporate tax, etc. Your comments were noticeably absent, if not missed.

Last week 19 UDD leaders were charged with terrorism. I wonder if the Isaan Rambo may have been one of them, and this has "encouraged' him to seek reconciliation. Did he get on the party list?

I wonder also if he would be willing to discuss any sudden increase in his wealth in the last few years, and its source.

BTW nice photo with what looks to be a flash version of an M-79 grenade launcher (you know, those little bombs that killed so many people in BKK).

If it is, it was designed for an idiot! The rifle-style sights would have the heavy exploding projectile hitting the ground a few metres from the firer. The standard version has a rear sight nearly as long as the barrel, and it is fired at a roughly 30-45 degree angle above horizontal.

@473GEO did you notice yesterday's thread on the effect's of the pay rise, corporate tax, etc. Your comments were noticeably absent, if not missed.

Difficult to keep abreast of all the negativity clothed as realism Mick

Ok, now I understand. The positive person says they were charged, that's a step toward justice, and eventually reconciliation. The negative person sees it as - negative - it's not reconciliation.

Reconciliation without justice is just a whitewash.

Edited by noahvail

REALLY! OK, i'll summarise for you. The rep of the SME (Small and Medium Enterprise) Assoc said that the pay rise will have a very neg effect, raise the price of exports, lead to foldings and firings. The rep of Delta (?) electronics with 13,000 employees said that they may have to re-locate to a cheaper labour country. You really should have a look, might be good for your education and humility.

Ok, now I understand. The positive person says they were charged, that's a step toward justice, and eventually reconciliation. The negative person sees it as - negative - it's not reconciliation.

And maybe for Thailand to move on, that is the unorthodox (thanks Rubl) methodology that will facilitate reconciliation........positivity is seeking a positive outcome by searching for an acceptable solution to all sides.

Negativity is placing blocks and constraints on the process that will eventually bog it down.

And maybe for Thailand to move on, that is the unorthodox (thanks Rubl) methodology that will facilitate reconciliation........positivity is seeking a positive outcome by searching for an acceptable solution to all sides.

Negativity is placing blocks and constraints on the process that will eventually bog it down.

Makes sense to me, but I am sure it will not make sense to block-heads

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

Justice is an interesting concept and one that does not always equate to use of law.

"It is the spirit of the law and not the form that keeps justice alive"

"Many laws as certainly make bad men, as bad men make many laws."

"Law is not justice and a trial is not a scientific inquiry into truth."

So you equate justice with negativity? You want reconciliation without justice? Then I have to say that you are the one couching your statements in negativity.

Pfffft.

REALLY! OK, i'll summarise for you. The rep of the SME (Small and Medium Enterprise) Assoc said that the pay rise will have a very neg effect, raise the price of exports, lead to foldings and firings. The rep of Delta (?) electronics with 13,000 employees said that they may have to re-locate to a cheaper labour country. You really should have a look, might be good for your education and humility.

Economies of scale Mick, unfortunately there are occasions where some will suffer but the remainder, the majority benefit. I hope those that are displaced in a company which cannot afford to keep pace with the minimum wage, find that they can relocate to one that does.

But this thread is not about that and I'm on my way out.

So you equate justice with negativity? You want reconciliation without justice? Then I have to say that you are the one couching your statements in negativity.

Pfffft.

I want reconciliation.....there may be a small inconsequential price to pay.......

You appear to want justice at any cost, 50 more years of investigating, political posturing, dragging up the past, accusations, refuted accusations......to achieve what?

50 more years of divisive conflict.....well you are welcome to that......I just hope this is not the way Thailand moves forward.......

Who knows there may be some middle road.......but taking an entrenched view on justice is not likely to provide many alternatives

I want reconciliation.....there may be a small inconsequential price to pay.......

You appear to want justice at any cost, 50 more years of investigating, political posturing, dragging up the past, accusations, refuted accusations......to achieve what?

50 more years of divisive conflict.....well you are welcome to that......I just hope this is not the way Thailand moves forward.......

Who knows there may be some middle road.......but taking an entrenched view on justice is not likely to provide many alternatives

Reconciliation shouldn't include whitewashing. People need to take responsibility to be able to move forward.

Reconciliation shouldn't include whitewashing. People need to take responsibility to be able to move forward.

Wasnt that what Thaksin just said? Something along the lines of it isnt necessary for people to be punished but truth must come out. It is what happened in South Africa

Wasnt that what Thaksin just said? Something along the lines of it isnt necessary for people to be punished but truth must come out. It is what happened in South Africa

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

At this stage, the red shirts "haven't done anything wrong", which I don't see as acceptance.

Edited by whybother

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

At this stage, the red shirts "haven't done anything wrong", which I don't see as acceptance.

Interesting to see you agreeing with Thaksin ;)

That kind of process means nobody fesses up to anything until the vehicle by which they do so is set up and the legislation is passed to clear them from punishment for what they confess to. If it were to follow S.Africa I believe that failure to cooperate was still punishable

Pfffft.

I am still sure that it will not make sense to a block-head

I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge with the forum. It really is a brave and enlightening thing to announce to us and certainly helps to explain your previous posts. I wish you all the best in dealing with this affliction.

I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge with the forum. It really is a brave and enlightening thing to announce to us and certainly helps to explain your previous posts. I wish you all the best in dealing with this affliction.

The Dogmatic attitude of hatred (which is negative) by the democrats supporters on this forum has probably generated a lot of support for Taksin that was not their originally. Many so called Taksin supporters are probably just sticking up for the electorate but are themselves intermediate in their actual Thai political view.

The Democrats’ Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

The Dogmatic attitude of hatred (which is negative) by the democrats supporters on this forum has probably generated a lot of support for Taksin that was not their originally. Many so called Taksin supporters are probably just sticking up for the electorate but are themselves intermediate in their actual Thai political view.

The Democrats' Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

... which is one of the reasons I am anti-Thaksin and anti-red shirt.

The Democrats' Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

Perhaps you overestimate the ability of anyone on this forum to have "been a contributory factor in many of the electorates [sic] decision" - we're on an ex-pat forum, discussing events and ideas with other ex-pats.

But I agree with you, "people...can not abide hatred more so when it is dogmatic." Some of us found the hatred expressed by some of the red shirts to be exactly that.

Edited by noahvail

Sir Read the post again: I said that the dogmatic expats may have converted some intermidiate EX PATS into the Taksin camp

I also said that the Dems having also voiced hatred for Taksin May have actually persuaded some voters to vote against Hatred ( Which is Negative)