Red-Shirt Leader Suphon 'Isan Rambo' Calls For Peace

webfact

Sir Read the post again: I said that the dogmatic expats may have converted some intermidiate EX PATS into the Taksin camp

I also said that the Dems having also voiced hatred for Taksin May have actually persuaded some voters to vote against Hatred ( Which is Negative)

I stand corrected, sir. I apologize for my confusion.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post containing derogatory remarks towards Thais has been removed.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

I am still sure that it will not make sense to a block-head

I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge with the forum. It really is a brave and enlightening thing to announce to us and certainly helps to explain your previous posts. I wish you all the best in dealing with this affliction.

The Dogmatic attitude of hatred (which is negative) by the democrats supporters on this forum has probably generated a lot of support for Taksin that was not their originally. Many so called Taksin supporters are probably just sticking up for the electorate but are themselves intermediate in their actual Thai political view.

The Democrats’ Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

and of course, nothing to do with the "schools" of indoctrination and "ha Loi baht" handed out to peole who only know how to plan short-term, for which credit schemes etc. on offer will only keep them in their current situation, cyclically.

I am still sure that it will not make sense to a block-head

I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge with the forum. It really is a brave and enlightening thing to announce to us and certainly helps to explain your previous posts. I wish you all the best in dealing with this affliction.

The Dogmatic attitude of hatred (which is negative) by the democrats supporters on this forum has probably generated a lot of support for Taksin that was not their originally. Many so called Taksin supporters are probably just sticking up for the electorate but are themselves intermediate in their actual Thai political view.

The Democrats' Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

and of course, nothing to do with the "schools" of indoctrination and "ha Loi baht" handed out to peole who only know how to plan short-term, for which credit schemes etc. on offer will only keep them in their current situation, cyclically.

Still going on about vote buying? Sheesh....

Regardless of how much vote buying made a difference to the actual vote, reading Andrew Bigg's column yesterday in the other major English newspaper (web version) was quite entertaining.

I want reconciliation.....there may be a small inconsequential price to pay.......

You appear to want justice at any cost, 50 more years of investigating, political posturing, dragging up the past, accusations, refuted accusations......to achieve what?

50 more years of divisive conflict.....well you are welcome to that......I just hope this is not the way Thailand moves forward.......

Who knows there may be some middle road.......but taking an entrenched view on justice is not likely to provide many alternatives

Reconciliation shouldn't include whitewashing. People need to take responsibility to be able to move forward.

Wasnt that what Thaksin just said? Something along the lines of it isnt necessary for people to be punished but truth must come out. It is what happened in South Africa

Now that they are in power they want reconciliation. In other words don't look at us.

Why did they not seek it before they divided the country more than it already was?

in South Africa everything is either black or white. ( not yellow or red in other countries ).

Once upon a time, two gentlemen were riding a bicycle at night without lights on.

The police stopped them and issued to them two formal tickets.

The two were however the local Region District Attorneys no one in Court to judge their offense both wanted lifted.

They agreed between themselves One at a time to take the Judge position.

The first one says : You have been caught riding a bicycle at night on that specific date, at this location but exceptionally I forgive you

because you were not on your own.

Breaking for lunch together.

The turn of the second one to be Judge whom was the one not guilty says to the other one previously his Judge:

You have been caught riding a bicycle at night on that specific date, at this location and I fine you USD 50.

Chocked with this sentence because when he was the same morning the Judge he forgave him why then himself to become guilty !

The new judge said I repeat my sentence of USD 50 because we had the case this morning and I want this to cease definitely.

The is no room between the fire and the fire brigade this is FIRE....Unbelievable so many seem to swim in fire and burn themselves

to ashes in it.

All these not at all sweet neither cheap talking is immensely useless and wasting so much time to too many by counter arguing with more words not reflecting any facts neither any acts.

mad.gif

Well, the election's over, the time for reconciliation is here. So why are the red shirt radio stations in Issan still spewing venom against Abhisit and the Democrats? They're still saying Abhisit killed people, that he's responsible for the increased price in gas and pork, that he is personally responsible for all the ills in Thailand. And still saying that Thaksin gave them the old age pension, free health care, and so on, taking credit for the Democrats' policies.

And the people here believe it - hook, line, and sinker.

Time for reconciliation - wouldn't it be nice if the people calling for reconciliation stopped the lies and start with true reconciliation?

There's a much bigger agenda playing out here than appears in the day to day press.

Dynasty building is a long term kinda thing.

The mirror image of this is difficult to speak of.

But control of this whole financial corridor and it's links to the 1,200lb gorilla up north

is a big enough 50 year plan to try and do most anything including the unthinkable.

The Democrats' Dogmatic in hatred against Taksin may have very well been a contributory factor in many of the electorates decision, regarding their vote People (normal people I would stress) can not abide hatred more so when it is so dogmatic

I'm not sure he was talking about vote buying. Did he say that? He may have been talking about the prevailing daily wage for creating civil insurrection to bring down the legally installed government. Though I'll grant you, some of the more murderous elements amongst them may have earned more than 500 baht per day.

Edited by lannarebirth

Regardless of how much vote buying made a difference to the actual vote, reading Andrew Bigg's column yesterday in the other major English newspaper (web version) was quite entertaining.

I read that too. One doesn't know whether to laugh or weep.

Laugh. TIT and Thais will always do things their way, much to the dismay of some.

Laugh. TIT and Thais will always do things their way, much to the dismay of some.

And to the fortune of others! And fortune in this case is not a synonym for luck.

[...]

BTW nice photo with what looks to be a flash version of an M-79 grenade launcher (you know, those little bombs that killed so many people in BKK).

If it is, it was designed for an idiot! The rifle-style sights would have the heavy exploding projectile hitting the ground a few metres from the firer. The standard version has a rear sight nearly as long as the barrel, and it is fired at a roughly 30-45 degree angle above horizontal.

It is a German Heckler&Koch MP5 submachine gun with silencer. Surely not something easily available to ordinary decent citizens - special forces equipment.

I just can't ,and i'm always dismayed when I see farangs who consider Thais as cartoonish characters, or have such little regard for them that they they don't think they are worthy of justice or equality or equal protection before the law. Some farangs here get intoxicated from one thing or another and don't seem to think the rules that apply elsewhere should apply here (even if both places have the same rules). Personally, I don't like rules, but intellectually, I know there would be chaos without them.

I just can't ,and i'm always dismayed when I see farangs who consider Thais as cartoonish characters, or have such little regard for them that they they don't think they are worthy of justice or equality or equal protection before the law. Some farangs here get intoxicated from one thing or another and don't seem to think the rules that apply elsewhere should apply here (even if both places have the same rules). Personally, I don't like rules, but intellectually, I know there would be chaos without them.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Of course Thais are worthy of justice and equality, just like the rest of us. We may disagree about how this should be delivered or implemented, but the objective is the same.

Having said that, Thais have a very different mindset from other races, even compared to Asians, not to mention farangs. It is a combination of culture and religion, both of which are so intertwined in their lives that it's impossible to separate and define. Some races have more culture, some have more religion but in no other have I seen it as tightly meshed as in the Thai society.

[...]

BTW nice photo with what looks to be a flash version of an M-79 grenade launcher (you know, those little bombs that killed so many people in BKK).

If it is, it was designed for an idiot! The rifle-style sights would have the heavy exploding projectile hitting the ground a few metres from the firer. The standard version has a rear sight nearly as long as the barrel, and it is fired at a roughly 30-45 degree angle above horizontal.

It is a German Heckler&Koch MP5 submachine gun with silencer. Surely not something easily available to ordinary decent citizens - special forces equipment.

Thank you. Was gong on the barrel size, closer inspection proves you correct.