Some Bar Tips Needed

sidjameson

Queen's Park Plaza in Soi 22 is a nice balance of the bar girl and pool scene, 29 clubs to choose from, from one end of the spectrum to the other, but not as over the top as Nana or Soi Cowboy. There's a good Aussie bar in there XXXX, and I think about 20 something other bars with pool tables with or without girls. Sports 202 is another easy one at the end of the plaza. Cheers

Oz

If you live in BKK... no .. scratch that.

If you don't speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars you'll get bar girls. If you do speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars they won't be "nice" girls but they might be friendly. If you are doing it on the cheap ......

Edit to add ... nice girls only go to clubs in groups of friends and if you don't blend in some meaningful way with those friends ... you are out of luck :)

I agree.

I think this is spot on, every paragraph.

It is the same here as back home. One must "befriend" them first.

Why are these post even allowed to be put on here? I not being critical of the mods, but give me a break! I come to this site for information and news, not for reading this muck from someone with a fantasy and living in Kentucky or where ever.....Ban me if you will, but get a grip, this is not headline worthy.....

I'm not sure if this post or the OP makes me laugh more! whistling.gif

The bar in the metropolitan hotel on sathorn road is what your looking for.

The Met - is that still members and hotel guests only? Used to be. Or if one dined at one of the hotel outlets you can enter. That's how we got around the membership thing

Roadhouse - is that on corner of Rama 4 and surawong?

Sathorn used to have Hu'u cocktail bar. I suppose it's gone? Anyone knows....?

There also used to be a nice looking restaurant near surasak station - set in a house with garden type of relaxed feel to it.

Gosh I miss Bkk from 3 years ago. Or perhaps I've just lost touch with the nice new places?

Happy to get clued in by the more active locals :)

Sorry op hope I'm not hijacking the thread too much....

Cheers

Roadhouse - is that on corner of Rama 4 and surawong? Correct

If you live in BKK... no .. scratch that.

If you don't speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars you'll get bar girls. If you do speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars they won't be "nice" girls but they might be friendly. If you are doing it on the cheap ......

Edit to add ... nice girls only go to clubs in groups of friends and if you don't blend in some meaningful way with those friends ... you are out of luck :)

I agree.

I think this is spot on, every paragraph.

It is the same here as back home. One must "befriend" them first.

I think the bar he is looking for is next to the unicorn shop on the corner of Soi Dreaming and Soi <deleted>?

Tapaz in Silom gets some nice girls, but sponsored bar girls are more frequent there now days.

Ratchada and RCA is another place., Thonglor has some "posh' places but be aware in some of those, you can end up paying 400 baht for a drink. Another one i think called Long Table in Asoke(but again crazy prices)

Qbar and Bed, occasionally do get "non working" girls

However as already mentioned by someone, its very hard to meet the "nice" girls because

1. Language

2. They are not exactly too eager to hang out with foreigners as it does create the "bad" image

3. Usually, if not most of the time are in groups and not easily approachable.

There are many so called non bar girls, who are looking for a foreigner to support them and while they do work and are not out every night, in a nutshell they are out hunting but with long term goal :)

I think best way to meet "nice" girls is through work or friends, friends of friends.

But interestingly enough, all those "happily" married members to of course "good" girls who are out in force slamming OP, where did you meet your wives? shopping malls? dating sites? and are you sure you want to make fun of others considering that you have no idea who or what the girl is and/or was :rolleyes:

Edited by kuffki

Mid thirties aren't half of early forties...

But like some other people have mentioned, it's probably better to get out of central bangkok. Personally I would ask a half decent english speaking taxi driver to take me some place...

But like some other people have mentioned, it's probably better to get out of central bangkok. Personally I would ask a half decent english speaking taxi driver to take me some place...

lol, yes a decent english speaking taxi driver will surely know all the "right" places like the massage parlors where he gets 500 baht for bringing customer or hostess bars where he gets about as much.

Then one may also be lucky enough to shout the nice man taxi driver a few drinks in one of those "right" places where drinks are only 300-400 baht.

By the way, speaking from experience. My first trip 10 years ago i asked my "decent speaking taxi driver" to take me to good places.wink.gif

There are many so called non bar girls, who are looking for a foreigner to support them and while they do work and are not out every night, in a nutshell they are out hunting but with long term goal :)

I think best way to meet "nice" girls is through work or friends, friends of friends.

I think the advice above is dead-on correct....

There are plenty of "nice" girls out there that are simply looking for a permanent sugar daddy, to put it crassly -- leaving aside the whole vast cadres of pro's... By that, I mean they are women who are specifically focused on finding someone, or anyone, who will pay their and often their family's bills on an ongoing basis, more than any personal or emotional sentiments.

There are actual real, normal Thai women who just want a good, normal relationship to be found among some of the dating sites for those of us who don't work in the office or school settings... But in my experience, they're vastly the exception rather than the rule...

The best up-front indicator that I've found for a somewhat "normal" Thai woman: does the person you're meeting have a real, ongoing job and career.... Absent that, you're likely dealing with a professional husband hunter or worse.

lol, yes a decent english speaking taxi driver will surely know all the "right" places like the massage parlors where he gets 500 baht for bringing customer or hostess bars where he gets about as much.

Then one may also be lucky enough to shout the nice man taxi driver a few drinks in one of those "right" places where drinks are only 300-400 baht.

By the way, speaking from experience. My first trip 10 years ago i asked my "decent speaking taxi driver" to take me to good places.wink.gif

I suppose it depends on how you ask the question and what he may assume. And staying clear of sukhumvit would probably help..

I suppose it depends on how you ask the question and what he may assume. And staying clear of sukhumvit would probably help..

Maybe just me, but if I knew a place fitting this description, sure wouldn't put it on this thread because it wouldn't be nice for very long afterward.

How many reads has this gotten so far?