Koh Phangan Mafia

What is the meaning of this post, Here foreigners work without problems since 20 years ago. (10 in my case).

Just leave some kind of business to the islanders (dancing/clubs, boat trips, prostitution, drug dealing, etc)

If you are clean nobody harass you.

We don't have mafia in Koh Phangan, capisce?

Edited by angiud

Why do people persist with this ridiculous use of the term "mafia." It derives here from a poor Thai translation for bad people similar to a couple arguing being referred to as "boxing." Foreigners here using the mafia term sound stupid. How about just local thugs doing what they want to because they can?

Why do people persist with this ridiculous use of the term "mafia." It derives here from a poor Thai translation for bad people similar to a couple arguing being referred to as "boxing." Foreigners here using the mafia term sound stupid. How about just local thugs doing what they want to because they can?

yes the word mafia does come up far more obftain then it should. i think the real mafia Gangsters would be laughing at the way the word gets pased around over her.

Am i speaking to strong have i had a street fight before. Have i had over 10 k in my wallet. i must be mafia

Any small place (island) in the world

You go there, from another country, sometimes not so friendly, local people don't know you and usually islanders don't trust so much foreigners.

You open a business, in competition or different from the local traditions.

You don't try to amalgamate with the local use and customs.

What do you think will happen sooner or later?

Edit: orthography

Edited by angiud

Any small place (island) in the world

You go there, from another country, sometimes not so friendly, local people don't know you and usually islanders don't trust so much foreigners.

You open a business, in competition or different from the local traditions.

You don't try to amalgamate with the local use and customs.

What do you think will happen sooner or later?

Edit: orthography

Any small Island except the UK :lol: ............

I agree. My wife says Thai mafia all the time. I just laugh at her. Wanna be thugs, thats all they are. If you look at some of the hardmen of the past and present from other countries, they would eat them up and spit the little gangs out and not even break a sweat. Mafia, Ha.

Edited by dean999

definition of the term Mafia hope that helps.

1. A secret criminal organization operating mainly in the United States and Italy and engaged in illegal activities such as gambling, drug-dealing, protection, and prostitution.

2• Any of various similar criminal organizations, especially when dominated by members of the same nationality.

3. A secret criminal organization operating mainly in Sicily since the early 19th century and known for its intimidation of and retribution against law enforcement officials and witnesses.

4•often mafia Informal. A tightly knit group of trusted associates, as of a political leader: "[He] is one of the personal mafia that [the chancellor] brought with him to Bonn" (Christian Science Monitor).

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/mafia#ixzz1Rzrwqw9v

What is the meaning of this post, Here foreigners work without problems since 20 years ago. (10 in my case).

Just leave some kind of business to the islanders (dancing/clubs, boat trips, prostitution, drug dealing, etc)

so no Mafia but you cannot go into the dancing/clubs, boat trips, prostitution, drug dealing, etc areas or i guess you get a problem with organised crime syndicates. so who organises the charge for getting off the boats for the full moon. its a kind of mafia which is prelevant all over Thailand

so no Mafia but you cannot go into the dancing/clubs, boat trips, prostitution, drug dealing, etc areas or i guess you get a problem with organised crime syndicates. so who organises the charge for getting off the boats for the full moon. its a kind of mafia which is prelevant all over Thailand

i agree just because there is not s syste like in the sparanos doesn't not mean that there is not organized illegal activity going on..

some time ending in death like shooting gaberler that don't pay up. drug dealers.

unless there are load of charles bronsons out there then i thing there are organized gangs every where in thailand in samui ribaby ore than 1

they can be called mafia or gangs either way the stuff that is involved with the old style mafia is every where splattered all ofver the papers and right infront of us

As for organized crie. Thaialand is fsamous for disoiragnaisating why is why i like it

Thats a ridiculous exageration and you know it......you are becoming/have become a very predictable troll.

They are just protecting the business they have. Why should they let rich foreigners come in and take all the rich pickings? I know they ain't that bright here and you're unlikely to ever see a Thai rocket scientist but they ain't that stupid.

I know from your posts that Pattaya is perfect, the Babylon of the asia region, but how is it so different there? Oh thats right .....there really IS a mafia there and it certainly isn't Thai, is it Boris. :)

I know they ain't that bright here and you're unlikely to ever see a Thai rocket scientist but they ain't that stupid.

I would say you are hanging around with the wrong crowds in the wrong places. :rolleyes:

I am positive no rocket scientists are involved with the full moon party.But then they might be the ones mixing all this rocket fuel.

I know they ain't that bright here and you're unlikely to ever see a Thai rocket scientist but they ain't that stupid.

I would say you are hanging around with the wrong crowds in the wrong places. :rolleyes:

I am positive no rocket scientists are involved with the full moon party.But then they might be the ones mixing all this rocket fuel.

What about brain surgeons....are they all convinced of the absence of rocket scientists?.....and vice versa...lalala

ma·fi·a/ˈmäfēə/noun:

An organized international body of criminals.

Two reasons why the mafia cannot exist in Koh Pha-Ngan:

1) There is no possibility of anything organized happening here.

2) If there was a local mafia, then police would not need to protect Haadrin:

a4eFW.jpg

"PROTECTION OF THE CRIME CENTER"

ma·fi·a/ˈmäfēə/noun:

An organized international body of criminals.

Two reasons why the mafia cannot exist in Koh Pha-Ngan:

1) There is no possibility of anything organized happening here.

2) If there was a local mafia, then police would not need to protect Haadrin:

a4eFW.jpg

"PROTECTION OF THE CRIME CENTER"

i herd in the mafia times that the Gambino are going to make a move on the 5 big hotels in the island. The probalem is that the fee for the liscence for the maifa is about 200 % more than anyone else.

from my sorce said is that the don is going to pay nothing infact he wants to govement to pay the fee for him.

Noone knows who to rtn the horses head to from the following day.

so check the lost and found

Thats a ridiculous exageration and you know it......you are becoming/have become a very predictable troll.

They are just protecting the business they have. Why should they let rich foreigners come in and take all the rich pickings? I know they ain't that bright here and you're unlikely to ever see a Thai rocket scientist but they ain't that stupid.

I know from your posts that Pattaya is perfect, the Babylon of the asia region, but how is it so different there? Oh thats right .....there really IS a mafia there and it certainly isn't Thai, is it Boris. :)

read the definition of big C of what a mafia is. the lenghts they would go to to to protect there business would go beyond what is classed as legal. was not the police cheif kicked out for having no control of the crime. dont tell me the drugs sold at the full moon party are not controlled by a group on the island. the boats to and from the party also organised by criminal gangs. your reference concerning pattaya is rather childish, whats pattaya got to do with the thread. ok please show where i have said pattaya is perfect where is your source??? if you read my post it says such mafia style activities operate throughout thailand, that includes pattaya and even the country area of chon buri where i live.

read the definition of big C of what a mafia is. the lenghts they would go to to to protect there business would go beyond what is classed as legal. was not the police cheif kicked out for having no control of the crime. dont tell me the drugs sold at the full moon party are not controlled by a group on the island. the boats to and from the party also organised by criminal gangs. your reference concerning pattaya is rather childish, whats pattaya got to do with the thread. ok please show where i have said pattaya is perfect where is your source??? if you read my post it says such mafia style activities operate throughout thailand, that includes pattaya and even the country area of chon buri where i live.

This is your response after 24 hours deliberation.

Sorry but i'm just not getting into an arguement with you trying to explain why some local wrong 'uns on a tropical island with no police are not to be confused with the racketeering exploits of Charlie Luciano and Al Capone. :D Now thats what i call childish. Cant you see how ridiculous it sounds?

in all fairness organised crime or mafia or what ever it is labelled is international.

all linked via the drug trade.

where ever there is demande there is supply where ever there are countries with hard penalties and poor wages inspire coruption. corruption and crime ovbiuolsy go hand in hand and drugs are world wide and can make people a fortune specailly if the suppliers are very well organised.

as for gambling and prosition. nearly every one has a taste for one or the other or both. so there is demand.

Gambaling in my opinion is the most dangerous. people borrow then lose then borrow off bad characters then clip.

then there are other sortes of things that i do not wnat to go into. just petty scams here and there

mafia is a good way to keep a nice profit from illegal forms of money making. what helps is sectretcy and organisation so judging by the amount of shit around us i think something very organsied is going on but i don't care because i am not invovled.

u play with fire u get burnt.

infact not even sure i should be posting this. it is just my observation on words and whats around which anyone that stays here can see for themselves

Edited by BigC

in all fairness organised crime or mafia or what ever it is labelled is international.

where ever there is demande there is supply where ever there are countries with hard penalties and poor wages inspire coruption. corruption and crime ovbiuolsy go hand in hand and drugs are world wide and can make people a fortune specailly if the suppliers are very well organised.

as for gambling and prosition. nearly every one has a taste for one or the other or both. so there is demand.

Gambaling in my opinion is the most dangerous. people borrow then lose then borrow off bad characters then clip.

then there are other sortes of things that i do not wnat to go into. just petty scams here and there

mafia is a good way to keep a nice profit from illegal forms of money making. what helps is sectretcy and organisation so judging by the amount of shit around us i think something very organsied is going on but i don't care because i am not invovled.

infact not even sure i should be posting this. it is just my observation on words and whats around which anyone that stays here can see for themselves

mobers can control a area and make it safe as if someone steps out of line then they come down hard on them,this happens even in Newcastle night life,if someone kick off then you know what will happen so nothing really big kicks off.

i better bring a bulletproof vest and a gum shield when we arrive on samui lol f..k me some 6 month holiday this is going to be pmsl.

mobers can control a area and make it safe as if someone steps out of line then they come down hard on them,this happens even in Newcastle night life,if someone kick off then you know what will happen so nothing really big kicks off.

i better bring a bulletproof vest and a gum shield when we arrive on samui lol f..k me some 6 month holiday this is going to be pmsl.

don't worry u don't need a gum sheld our mafia uses guns you'll be find with out it. if u bring a bullet proof vest i might buy it off u when u leave. i would love one of those some me and my mates can shoot each other for fun