Thailand's Major Cineplex Promises Action After Complaints About High Ticket Prices

webfact

we went to the cinema today (Chanthaburi, SF Cinemas), went in 10 min late to find movie already started

This from me - "don't worry, there's always 20 minutes of trailers".

Wrong! In the past this has been the case, sometimes closer to 30min.

Prices are as follows, unsure how they compare with rest of the country:

Mon-Tue 100b

Weds 80b

Thurs-Sun 120b

Great cinema, clean, comfy seats and ear-shattering sound system, and free parking.

Just as a comparison to my old 'home', Wellington NZ (2008) I was paying $16 entry and another $9 to park the car.

At current exchange that is 405 + 230 baht.

Edited by Atmos

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 euro to 10 euro so near price thailand

I think someone needs to inform movie goers in Thailand that they should be lucky they are not paying twice that as we do here in the USA...Don't get me wrong...I find that to be ridiculous also...I would love to be able to pay only $6.50 for a film...or less...

No suprise the ticket prices went up ? When the air con on dam cold and you have to bring a jacket with you to keep warm this is why i stop going also these days you can get the latest movies online and be in comforts of your own home ... :jap:

we went to the cinema today (Chanthaburi, SF Cinemas), went in 10 min late to find movie already started

This from me - "don't worry, there's always 20 minutes of trailers".

Wrong! In the past this has been the case, sometimes closer to 30min.

Prices are as follows, unsure how they compare with rest of the country:

Mon-Tue 100b

Weds 80b

Thurs-Sun 120b

Just about the same as what you pay at the Major Cineplex in Pattaya. I think Thursday is still the weekday 100 baht rate

The cost of making a hollywood blockbuster does not come cheap and the cost of the rights to screen the movie does not come cheap either. The cost of the screening rights would be pretty much on par country to country. The admission fees then that would be up to how much profit the complex wants. They could always screen the thai soaps and that would drop the costs dramatically.

Yes true but this is Thailand and why should Thais be expected to pay the same rate to see a movie as farangs do. Go to the zoo or national parks 2 price scales so why not at the movies.

The cost of making a hollywood blockbuster does not come cheap and the cost of the rights to screen the movie does not come cheap either. The cost of the screening rights would be pretty much on par country to country. The admission fees then that would be up to how much profit the complex wants. They could always screen the thai soaps and that would drop the costs dramatically.

Yes true but this is Thailand and why should Thais be expected to pay the same rate to see a movie as farangs do. Go to the zoo or national parks 2 price scales so why not at the movies.

Reason being we pay 50,000 bht for an air ticket apart from other costs, to enable us to have the same prices.

So do you want to have double air fares=food=mobiles=drink=cigs=deck chair=hotel.

These are the benefits / perks we get.

If Thai people go to europe they get a 50% reduction because they are Thai ??? Ha Ha.

I think it's great. Anything where a Thai can be charged extra or double priced, I am in favor of and will gladly play whatever price is asked for a good movie.

If they don't like it, they can go to the USA and pay $8 - $15 a movie.

And make 8 to 15 times as much money.

I think it's great. Anything where a Thai can be charged extra or double priced, I am in favor of and will gladly play whatever price is asked for a good movie.

LOL - what kind of crappy job do you have in Thailand, that that is the case?

LOL - what kind of crappy job do you have in Thailand, that that is the case?

You are very confused sir. I was talking about Thailand not Farongland.

Cinema owner said something like: "It's not my policy."

So who's policy is it, then? His mother's? What a joke!

As usual, no responsibility being taken for a fob-off service, just like the punters who could vote with their feet and get their movies from other sources.

Films that are stopped before they've ended (Marvel comic-conversions which usually have a twist in the tale) - many's the time I've got the projectionist to re-run the credits so I can see the end of the film. What exactly was it I was paying for?

Last one to leave, turn off the lights...

I think someone needs to inform movie goers in Thailand that they should be lucky they are not paying twice that as we do here in the USA...Don't get me wrong...I find that to be ridiculous also...I would love to be able to pay only $6.50 for a film...or less...

I think someone needs to inform you that you are lucky that you are not taking 5 (or even more) times more than an average Thai makes here in Thailand... Dont get met wrong... I find that to be ridiculous also... An average Thai would love to be able to get $1,500 as his/her salary... or more...