Build A Factory In Thailand

At this moment, our status is a Representative Office of Indonesian company. We have plan to build a small factory (fully owned by Indonesian/foreigner) here in Thailand. What I understand is we are only allowed to buy land and build a factory in the privilege area from BOI only. However, I have some questions:

1. Can a fully owned foreign company build a factory?
  2. The other way of building a factory that I can think of is applying for Permanent Residency under Investment category. Is that possible?
  3. What is the minimum requirement of investment by whole foreigner owned company (or minimum of land area for the factory)?

Can somebody give me some information? Thank you in advance.

Foreigners and foreign owned companies are allowed to own buildings, including factories outright and can do so almost everywhere in Thailand. There are a few exceptions as foreigners and foreign owned companies cannot manufacture things like weapons.

Unless the company BOI registered and, in most cases, you operate in a industrial estate, you are not allowed to own the land the building is on. You can enter into a 30 year lease agreement with the owner of the land and registered at the Land Department.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]