Honda Brio

KBB I was told that the top model auto should be available in October, if you order now. We were also told that the manual is readily available. Maybe they can organise a test drive for that? It should have more poke than the cvt. My wife managed 21.6 km / l on the same run I did:) She, too was quite happy with the car, and said it accelerated well enough for her - she's a pretty slow driver as it it. I never used the sport mode - what's it supposed to do? I found the engine coarse above 5K rpm - nothing like the k20 civic that sings all the way to the redline. Would that be to do with the cvt, or a characteristic of this engine?

yeah, they v said October and December, but actually I dont think anyone knows as they are still short of parts from Japan

its only 40-50k between the Brio auto to a much larger City auto, when reverse sensors, film, wind visors, and all freebies are accounted for. I dont care about fuel, as it wont cover more than 10k km/year. Any point in buying any of them, we need it now in the rainseason, thats within a week or two.

In other cvt the Sportsmode keeps revs general higher. Powerband as for most 4 valves is like 4800-6500rpm, and thats where engine should be at full throttle. My GF is used to Ninja 650s 0-100kmh in less than 4 seconds :D

as for noise level, nothing a good soundsystem cant supress ;)

I leave it to her tho, if she can find a 570k baht City, she gets a City. If not, shes got a Brio with clutch ;)

Any idea why the Jazz is more than the City ?,, they must be expensive Rims to justify the difference That Brios like a breath of fresh air to me, happy little chap, id love one.Gears though, not rubber bands.

ad 30k for Jazz airbags, ad 30k for Jazz being fashion, and then City becomes a bargain with its longer wheelbase and larger rearseat and larger trunk ;)

agree, Brios is a fresh breath, and the large black glass hatch is kinda retro 1982 Civic hatch

Has anyone done a hands-on comparison between Brio and the new Kia Picanto K1?

products, no

dealerships, organisation, aftermarket, used value, yes, Brio wins :)

Has the NEW kia picanto been released in Thailand yet? I've only seen the old version. The new ole looks pretty cool though.

• 1 month later...

Dealership network may not be good upcountry but OK on Bangkok. It is marketed as a city car so..

I was simply curious.

Was at Central Chaengwattana tonight and they had a Kia display on the ground floor. The new picanto k1 was there - it beats the pants off the brio and march, both inside and out. That was the sports version at 549K. Black interior with dark brown thick suede inserts in the seats. Very nice. However, I've been reading on the net that the lower models (425K MT and 497K AT versions) don't have abs or airbags. I don't know about this sports version though - I saw no evidence of it when I sat in it though. It's got a push start but no abs??? Seems like a major oversight to me..

MRO are there any significant differences in fuel consumption between the manual and auto brio? Also do you know the rpm at 100 km/h for both versions. The acceleration sounds acceptable, and a little better than the march.

MT is very marginally more fuel effecient, but that all comes down to driver. Realistically, nothing in it.

No info on RPM @ 100km/hr.

Just returned from a test drive of the brio. I took the saleswoman, my wife and son (so carrying about 230kgs). I covered about 18 kms to my house, wife dropped me off and she drove back to the dealer (we are getting our civic serviced at the moment). The acceleration was adequate but should be a lot better with just the driver (the manual should be even better still). I'm not used to a cvt - its eerie to see the taco rise and just stay there:) I did notice some engine noise under hard acceleration. When cruising it was ok. Maybe some extra insulation would help here. A decent exhaust my drown out this noise.

I reset the fuel economy gauge and managed 19 km/l around Nonthaburi - fairly open traffic but i did give it the juice a couple of times. The cabin is light and airy. There's a reasonable amount of space for passengers. I'm 6'3" and I didn't need to put the drivers seat fully back - my son's small so he didn't care. But for Thai sized passengers the back is fine. I'm not liking that brown dash surround - might change that to CF. Same goes for the glove box lid.

Overall its not a bad car for it's price. if you are a past honda customer you can also get a lower interest rate. I'll check a little later about other accessories...

Also, RPM in the CVT is around 2200-2300 at 100 km/h

How the Mighty Fall, from Super Cars to Brios , its all in Thai Forum Folks, now bothered with fuel consumption. A Reply will no doubt follow with some pathetic reason why he tests a Car No One Dreams Of. Just thought id say it before Spoonman did. :cheesy::cheesy::guitar:

MRO are there any significant differences in fuel consumption between the manual and auto brio? Also do you know the rpm at 100 km/h for both versions. The acceleration sounds acceptable, and a little better than the march.

MT is very marginally more fuel effecient, but that all comes down to driver. Realistically, nothing in it.

No info on RPM @ 100km/hr.

Just returned from a test drive of the brio. I took the saleswoman, my wife and son (so carrying about 230kgs). I covered about 18 kms to my house, wife dropped me off and she drove back to the dealer (we are getting our civic serviced at the moment). The acceleration was adequate but should be a lot better with just the driver (the manual should be even better still). I'm not used to a cvt - its eerie to see the taco rise and just stay there:) I did notice some engine noise under hard acceleration. When cruising it was ok. Maybe some extra insulation would help here. A decent exhaust my drown out this noise.

I reset the fuel economy gauge and managed 19 km/l around Nonthaburi - fairly open traffic but i did give it the juice a couple of times. The cabin is light and airy. There's a reasonable amount of space for passengers. I'm 6'3" and I didn't need to put the drivers seat fully back - my son's small so he didn't care. But for Thai sized passengers the back is fine. I'm not liking that brown dash surround - might change that to CF. Same goes for the glove box lid.

Overall its not a bad car for it's price. if you are a past honda customer you can also get a lower interest rate. I'll check a little later about other accessories...

Also, RPM in the CVT is around 2200-2300 at 100 km/h

How the Mighty Fall, from Super Cars to Brios , its all in Thai Forum Folks, now bothered with fuel consumption. A Reply will no doubt follow with some pathetic reason why he tests a Car No One Dreams Of. Just thought id say it before Spoonman did. :cheesy::cheesy::guitar:

What are you ganging on about? I don't think I've ever mentioned a supercar, let alone driven one!!

Sorry i got you mixed up with Dominique, its the Girls name used by a Man that tripped me up. But if you read his rubbish on auto boxes it was worth a try. Back to topic , you can pick the good bits out of the March,and Brio, but IMO, the City basic covers more bases.Plus a Trunk for Thai Smelly Food.:jap: