Dating Farangs

Stan42

Question: How do I go about finding a soulmate here in Bangkok that isn't Thai?

You've probably noticed that dating sites concentrating in Bangkok consist to 99.9% of Thai girls (The "Dating" tab on the upper right for instance directs you to Asia FriendFinder. Just go through the members there.)

I've been told to "go out and talk to people". Unfortunately, several months later, hitting social venues has resulted in:

-Drunk tourists.

-Young girls, (mostly teachers) who're just here for the experience but will eventually move back home or to another country.

-Non-singles

-Females that are actually males (Farangs mind you).

Any suggestions?

Don't be such an ageist. Those young Western teachers might fall madly in love with an clapped out, old fart of an expat and want to stay in some village on the outskirts of Hat Yai eating Mama noodles forever. :wub:

Edited by Ulysses G.

I sometimes see farang females that appeal to me.

About 1m50, slim, narrow hips, with a friendly face and eyes that are neither globulous nor halfcovered by the lids paki-style.

The problem is these must make up for 0.000001% of the female farangs and are most sought after...

Question: How do I go about finding a soulmate here in Bangkok that isn't Thai?

Stan42. What's the point in travelling half way around the world to date women from the west? I'm assuming you are a farang. :blink:

Oh how nice, now there are ads for dating sites between posts. Still, nobody answered the "how to".

Well, step one would be (assuming you are not blind) leaving your room, get outside and have a look for yourself. :)

How do you go about finding a soulmate your own country that isn't Thai?

Try that. If whatever that is is not possible here, then maybe you are in the wrong place to find her. But if, on the other hand, you don't know how to do it at home, how do you expect to do it here?

Oh how nice, now there are ads for dating sites between posts. Still, nobody answered the "how to".

Well, step one would be (assuming you are not blind) leaving your room, get outside and have a look for yourself. :)

I did, if you read my first post, you'll see the results were rather... unpleasant.

Actually, posting for info is allowed and if you searched you would find other threads in this vein. Asking for dates or posting a personal is not allowed. Its not a dating site.

That said OP, WebBangkok has a point, go to networking events, from there you can expand your social circle.

Another option would be posting your question in the Ladies Forum.

Are you sure that's wise? It might give the wrong impression and result in a ban.:annoyed:

Don't worry about it. They are Farang ladies, so my quess is that they know where you should go hunting for one. Hey, there might even be some who are available in that Forum. :)

Edited by Semper

Another option would be posting your question in the Ladies Forum.

Are you sure that's wise? It might give the wrong impression and result in a ban.:annoyed:

Don't worry about it. They are Farang ladies, so my quess is that they know where you should go hunting for one. Hey, there might even be some who are available in that Forum. :)

Ok, I'll try it. If I get kicked out, I will personally blame you. <_<

How do you go about finding a soulmate your own country that isn't Thai?

Try that. If whatever that is is not possible here, then maybe you are in the wrong place to find her. But if, on the other hand, you don't know how to do it at home, how do you expect to do it here?

Agree.

Do it the same way as when home.

By the way, how many has really found their soulmate on a dating website?

There are single farang women in Thailand who are not teachers (I"m one of them). So it's just a question of finding us.

Oh, that's just mean -- you tease! Poor guy...

.biggrin.gif

Pssst...Hey, OP -- PM, PM....

lol - sorry. Didn't mean it that way.

There are single farang women in Thailand who are not teachers (I"m one of them). So it's just a question of finding us.

Oh, that's just mean -- you tease! Poor guy...

.biggrin.gif

Pssst...Hey, OP -- PM, PM....

lol - sorry. Didn't mean it that way.

Glad you realized I was just having fun. smile.gif

This might true..

Don't be such an ageist. Those young Western teachers might fall madly in love with an clapped out, old fart of an expat and want to stay in some village on the outskirts of Hat Yai eating Mama noodles forever. :wub:

Stan42.

It's been 2 weeks now. Have you had any luck?

Same as before. People just passing through, staying in Bangkok for a year or so... and those really shifty looking Eastern European ladies that seem to hang out in hotel bars.

Facebook and their add-on apps like are you interested.

I'll give you a tip. Post a honest picture of yourself. No photoshop or scanned photos from the nineteen seventies or any of that old tomfoolery. If a woman accepts your friend request she is vaguely interested, if you exchange more than say twenty messages it is acceptable to suggest a date.

Good luck!

Edited by Geekfreaklover