Dating Farangs

Stan42

Facebook and their add-on apps like are you interested.

I'll give you a tip. Post a honest picture of yourself. No photoshop or scanned photos from the nineteen seventies or any of that old tomfoolery. If a woman accepts your friend request she is vaguely interested, if you exchange more than say twenty messages it is acceptable to suggest a date.

Good luck!

Gee... guess what nationality I've found there sofar.

Question: How do I go about finding a soulmate here in Bangkok that isn't Thai?

Just hang around in front of the immigration office, they will bound to show up eventually. Who knows you might see a few dozen in a day infacts.....you can try your romeo move there. smile.gif

I'll give you a tip. Post a honest picture of yourself. No photoshop or scanned photos from the nineteen seventies or any of that old tomfoolery. If a woman accepts your friend request she is vaguely interested, if you exchange more than say twenty messages it is acceptable to suggest a date.

Good luck!

C'mon, just go to search and type in a farang name, location Bangkok or whatever...Bingo...

Good luck!

Yeah, thanks a lot. I get home and find dozens of unwanted replies.

It's ironic how Thai's (female and straight males) say I'm attractive, but I'm not attracted to them.

Good luck!

It's ironic how Thai's (female and straight males) say I'm attractive, but I'm not attracted to them.

Yes I know what you mean, I hear this on a daily basis. It's a real drag. :D

Edited by Semper

Good luck!

You might be a handsome chap, and I dont want to take that away from you.

:)

However, The Thais are top in the world regarding compliments.

They give compliments all the time, to be nice, and to make the other person feel good.

All my friends and family members visiting me here (male and females) have been told how good looking they are.

I know for a fact, most of us are what one would call "ok looking". Noting special (head turners).

Still the compliments are hailing when they are here.

Anyhow, to repeat something I said before.

How do we meet the "special one" back home? To fellow football (soccer) fans, No not Jose M.

By being out there, and suddenly one day/night we run into the person.

Not by searching on internet.

How many have really met their soulmates via a web site?

Good luck!

They give compliments all the time, to be nice, and to make the other person feel good.

All my friends and family members visiting me here (male and females) have been told how good looking they are.

I know for a fact, most of us are what one would call "ok looking". Noting special (head turners).

How do we meet the "special one" back home? To fellow football (soccer) fans, No not Jose M.

OP is just pulling your leg, joking ,trolling. Don't take it serious. :)

A few pubs, e.g. Witch's Tavern on Thong Lo, have regular "ladies nights", frequenting some of those evenings might be a good way to find western girls. Suggest Googling for ladies night, Bangkok, etc. The one at Witch's is every Wednesday I think.

Good luck!

OP is just pulling your leg, joking ,trolling. Don't take it serious. :)

Had a feeling it was, but was not 100% sure.

Do I remember the OP posted something some months ago about how to meet decent farangs in Bangkok?

Being a farang in Thailand you always feel like a square peg in a round hole; I mean you don't exactly fit in. Your not Thai so you wouldn't generally make friends with Thais and as you are a square peg with a bunch of other square pegged farangs, you don't necessarily hit it off with other farangs? Alot of westerners are passing through; life experience between uni and a career, school teacher trying it out who probably won't stay long term, folks chilling out between jobs, etc. Some folks are what I would call 'normal' from home; I mean real expats who have been posted here with good jobs, on career tracks with decent money. Mind you these probably won't stay long term and are definitly in the minority. So its a tough call. Novelty of being in a foreign place does wear off. Definitly alot more dodgy people around these days IMHO.

I also think Thailand is like living in a big city these days. People won't necessarily talk to you because you are a farang. Just another stranger to be avoided? Nobody trusts strangers and you get a real mixed bag of people these days, so would you necessarily want to strike up a friendship with a stranger? Also think the country is very unpredictable these days; the worsed things can happen, and guess what, nothing is done about them.

Yes I did post some time ago a few months after I just got here. I've since befriended only 2-3 people. Decent people that is. Met a whooole lot of wierdos.

Work, the costs of pubbing (in better establishments), and experience sofar, has caused me to retract from social interactions for now.

Good luck!

C'mon, just go to search and type in a farang name, location Bangkok or whatever...Bingo...

Yeh but bingo gets tiresome after a bit ,"two fat ladies ,click click click " and all that .

I have been here 16 years. Actually not here at the moment; I like to go back to my home country. We have stable governments, honest people, reasonable tax, free health care, unemployment benefit, low corruption, etc :) Obviously its not as easy to get laid, but hey, you can't have everything :)

Glad to hear the OP has made some decent friends here.

Edited by MaiChai

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand near Chidlom BTS? You don't have to be a journalist or even a member to drink at the bar, though there is sometimes a cover charge for movies or talks. Not the most exciting place in town but quite a few westerners hang out there, including people from embassies, NGOs and the media. Some nights it's pretty dead but other times there's a good crowd if there's an interesting event. Otherwise join a choir, take yoga classes or do one of the many other things that appeal to women.

Quote: "Drunk tourists.

-Young girls, (mostly teachers) who're just here for the experience but will eventually move back home or to another country.

-Non-singles

-Females that are actually males (Farangs mind you)."

..... sounds like a great night out!:lol:

But seriously .... you need to go a social event where there will be foreign women and ideally not a dating venue where you may not find many genuine people looking for a soul mate.

A good bet in Bangkok or Western Seaboard would be to join the foreign business chambers (British Chamber of Trade, Americian Chanber of Trade, Australian, French etc .....

I've been to many of their events and have met some nice, interesting and witty ladies. I'm not looking for company, but I reckon that the single ones will be glad to speak to a nice decent-looking chap as a potential soul mate (if that's you :D) .... and with so many pretty local girls in Bangkok as competition, they may be more approachable than their home-based cousins (who are quite scary if they are even slightly good looking).

Edited by Familyonthemove

Ok Stan, I dunno if you have any luck since your last post, but, if like me, you prefer the 'Vanilla' flavor of females, (that is ,Western girls), I suggest you can go to some of the local hang outs where western people may go for fun in Bangkok. You got some nice western type bars in Sukhumvit area and in some of the big names hotels. You may think this is crazy, but you may BE pleasantly surprised if you go for a stroll through the Khao san road area too. Ok , it is a large backpacker area, but many of these backpackers are also looking for a nice time during their stays. I know from experiences there are many Israeli girls who stay this area and also eat out at the many cafes and bars there etc etc.

Ok, many Israeli women may not be the most handsome of females in the world, but they are down to earth and if you get lucky, you might just be in for a wild time. Heck, after two years in military service, many are just looking for a fun times and you might be lucky enough to be that guy!

peace and good lucks, da Maven