Reasonably Priced Singapore Hotel

Soph

You might be able to get a room at the Crown Pacific on Orchard for just above 3.000 bahts.

If its the Crown at Orchard you mean the lowest rate is 4143 baht........

http://asiarooms.com/singapore/singapore/c...at_orchard.html

Location wise its very good but has mixed reviews.

Royal Plaza has good reviews but is 5200 a night, then next up the Marriott 6000+.............i stayed at the Marriott and was very happy.

Edited by thaiflyer1

try RELC Hotel, its OFF Orchard road, about 5 minutes walk, but in a very quiet and green surrounding. I used to pay 2000 BAHT last September 2004, but when I wanted to book again few weeks ago, I found out they increased the roomrate to about 2600 or 2700. the rooms are big and clean, though the breakfast is a joke. dont go for the usual hotel-booking websites such as asiarooms, its crap for Singapore. Book from a Singapore-based website like I always do. and check w / w / w . sghotels DOT COM they are by far the best and the cheapest and do business in a decent and professional way, SG-style..... not Thai-style as asiarooms do the best bargains u can make at the reservation counters at CHANGI airport, I usually book one of the HOTEL-81 at Geylang for as low as 29 SG-Dollars a night (about 720 Baht) at their counter. all other hotels are discounted too.

but if you are scared to arrive there and unable to find a place to sleep (X-mas time for example) then better try that website....

Couple of 3 star around Orchard. :o

Could always try Sing Airs for promotions... :D

Garden Hotel Singapore

USD 47

Supreme Hotel

USD 48

YMCA International House Singapore

USD 50

Hotel Grand Central Singapore

USD 60

Hotel Royal

USD 60

Asia Hotel Singapore

USD 67

Copthorne Orchid Hotel (form. Novotel ...

USD 70

http://singapore-hotelguide.com/scripts/cg...tels_search.cgi

Couple of 3 star around Orchard. :o

Garden Hotel Singapore

USD 47

Copthorne Orchid Hotel (form. Novotel ...

USD 70

Garden Hotel is a bit run-down unless they've renovated recently. It's also a bit of a hike from there to Orchard Road. Closest MRT station is Newton and that's even a bit of a walk.

Copthorne Orchid is a nice hotel but calling its location Orchard is really a stretch. It's location is even further out than the Garden Hotel. Anything located in Little India is probably closer to Orchard than is the Copthorne Orchid! :D

Try using priceline.com. On my last visit in May, I was able to get the Marriott for 75 USD, an incredible deal. In February, I stayed at the Orchard Hotel for 45 USD, not as nice as the Marriott but not bad at all. Breakfast not included, but can't complain at those prices.

Try the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge. It's about a 3 minute walk from the Douby Gaut station on Orchard Road and another 5 minute walk to the major shopping along that street. The room itself is okay for the price (around 2,000 baht)

Check them out here

Don't expect much.. most of the hotel rooms in Singapore are small. I stayed in a deluxe club floor room at the Royal Plaza on Scotts and it was about the size of a standard room in the US.

You can also try the Robertson Quay, which is about a SIN$3-4 cab ride to Orchard or a 15 minute walk, for about the same price. The rooms are even smaller because of the shape of the hotel, but it's decent.

Hi, can anyone recommend a hotel around the Orchard Road area for about 2000 to 3000 baht a night, thanks

Been to these hotels a few times, clean, prices ok. Going Singapore this weekend. Bencoolen is just a short walk to Orchard rd.

Hotel 81 Chain Singapore Link

Hotel 81 Bencoolen Link

you can get the Hotel81-rooms much much cheaper if you book through the sghotels.com website, or at the hotel-counter at the airport (the one located at Lorong 20 was 29 SG DOllars there last time!)

Which website?..........this one,

You have reach one of Online Technology's Online Properties.

sgHotels.com is under development stage and will be ready soon.

In the meanwhile, please visit Hotels.Online Singapore for your Singapore hotel reservation requests.

You can check for the complete list of online properties which we have at our corporate web site - http://www.online.com.sg, under "Our Portals".

We can be reached by one of the following methods:

Email: [email protected]

Tel: INT+65-6299-6007

Fax: INT+65-6299-9827

:D Doesnt exactly fill me full of confidence with regard to their professional qualities................i followed through to Hotels.Online and they have no rates to get one you have to submit an email and they will get back to you. :o

you can get the Hotel81-rooms much much cheaper if you book through the sghotels.com website, or at the hotel-counter at the airport (the one located at Lorong 20 was 29 SG DOllars there last time!)

Asia Wolfie, not that it says something about you or anything but there is a reason why Lorong 20 costs S$ 29. the OP or the casual observer should note that the location is somewhat akin to living at Nana Hotel, where the streets are somewhat alive at night with all manner of exoticism. this is quite literally the other night safari. :o

yes at "hotels.online.com.sg" you can OF COURSE book directly and immidiately..... maybe you didnt check the website completely.... or maybe the sghotels.com link was missleading, sorry for that, .... the actual correct link is the one above... and they are 100 % sincere and easy to deal with... hey, this is Singapore, not Thailand ! :o

Asia Wolfie, not that it says something about you or anything but there is a reason why Lorong 20 costs S$ 29. the OP or the casual observer should note that the location is somewhat akin to living at Nana Hotel, where the streets are somewhat alive at night with all manner of exoticism. this is quite literally the other night safari. :o

ALL the budget hotels are located at Geylang, there ar around 6 or 7 Hotel 81 and same amount of FRAGRANCE Hotels, same rates....

Geylang is something like a red-light-district, but there is no hassle at all, and the MRT trains are close by .... its not Pattaya.... no one ever bother me there.... and its very much okay for a BUDGET-minded traveller.... so, if you wanna go sleep at Orchard, you pay for it.... I did that too.... when I bring someone with me, I go for Orchard rather, but if I fly to SG alone, for CD SHOPPING f.e., I always stay at Hotel 81....

yes at "hotels.online.com.sg" you can OF COURSE book directly and immidiately..... maybe you didnt check the website completely.... or maybe the sghotels.com link was missleading, sorry for that, .... the actual correct link is the one above... and they are 100 % sincere and easy to deal with... hey, this is Singapore, not Thailand !  :o

Right got it sorted now............checked a hotel at random The Marriott hotels.online are quoting 6106 baht/night versus 6223 baht/night from Asiarooms so there is a 117 baht a night difference in your favour..............dont know how the other hotels fair when compared.

I/ll still use Asiarooms as last time i went through them i had no problems even though i changed hotels after booking.............sometimes better the devil you know. :D

well thats no problem at all..... I guess everybody is continueing to book with those companies he made good experience with.....

as for me, I always found it more convenient to book a room from a company which is based in the same country as the hotel.... therefore, I usually book an SG-Hotel with a SG website, and a Malaysia hotel with a Malaysian website... for example: If you go to Indonesia, you can get much much better deals to book with a local agency (Indotel) than from any oher website in the world.... in LOS I usually book with passionasia, as they have a online-support, so u can even book ur hotel if you already arrived at ur destination and check the hotel first from the outside... then go to cybernet and make the booking.... and they have a lot of reasonable-priced hotels available on the countryside (Phitsanuloke, Chayaphum, Mae Sai a.s.o.), where hardly any other website has something to offer.... Okay now, lets continue working folks.... END for today :o

Edited by AsiaWolfie

On one occasion I dossed down in "Peony Mansions" on Ben C st just up by Dhobi Ghaut but would not recco it.

From memory it was about $4 a night but the fleas were free. :o ....is it still there?

Which website?..........this one,

You have reach one of Online Technology's Online Properties.

sgHotels.com is under development stage and will be ready soon.

In the meanwhile, please visit Hotels.Online Singapore for your Singapore hotel reservation requests.

You can check for the complete list of online properties which we have at our corporate web site - http://www.online.com.sg, under "Our Portals".

We can be reached by one of the following methods:

Email: [email protected]

Tel: INT+65-6299-6007

Fax: INT+65-6299-9827

:D Doesnt exactly fill me full of confidence with regard to their professional qualities................i followed through to Hotels.Online and they have no rates to get one you have to submit an email and they will get back to you. :o

Well yes you can save 6$sg if you book online but not all Hotels & says "Please try to reserve your rooms at least 72 hours prior to your arrival

10% service tax, 3% GST & 1% cess may apply at some hotels" And yes Hotel web under repair but found link on page. Most prices look same as Hotel 81 website.

Hotels Online Singapore Link

Hotel Name Rates Fm Location

Hotel 81-Cherry Info | Rates

S$49 Geylang

Hotel 81-Classic Info | Rates

S$59 Joo Chiat/Changi

Hotel 81-Geylang Info | Rates

S$43 Geylang

Hotel 81-Gold Info | Rates

S$49 Geylang

Hotel 81-Hollywood Info | Rates

S$49 Geylang

Hotel 81-Joo Chiat Info | Rates

S$59 Joo Chiat/Changi

Hotel 81-Opera Info | Rates

S$59 Joo Chiat/Changi

Hotel 81-Orchid Info | Rates

S$43 Geylang

Hotel 81-Palace Info | Rates

S$43 Geylang

Hotel 81-Princess Info | Rates

S$59 Geylang

Hotel 81-Star Info | Rates

S$43 Geylang

• 2 weeks later...

www.ratestogo.com I find is very good and very competitive pricewise. I've been doing a few searches on rates for Singapore hotels and they are usally cheaper then Asia Rooms. An example, 2 nights at Royal Plaza $US83 per night, Fri Nov 11 - Sun Nov 13. But on Asiarooms.com they are charing $US127. My past experiences using this site have always been positive. Before booking anything you might want to check out the prices on this site before hand.

Hi, can anyone recommend a hotel around the Orchard Road area for about 2000 to 3000 baht a night, thanks

I used this hotel a few years ago, it's not close to Orchard Road, but I think you can get a cheap bus that runs down Orchard. This is an older hotel, it's near temple and within walking distance of the MRT and a couple major bus stops.

South East Asia Hotel Pte. Ltd.

190 Waterloo Street, singapore 187965.

Telephone numbers and e-mail addresses may not be current.

Tel. (65)3382394. E-mail address was [email protected] or Google SouthEast Asia Hotel, Singapore.

This was in your price range, all I remember was the free coffee and tea, and boring rooms.

java script:emoticon(':o')

Good luck.

Avoid the Grand Central on Orchard unless they renovated it.

Also avoid any budget hotels in Little India, had my worst Singapore experience there a couple of years back. Under any bridge would have been cleaner.

The Furama in Chinatown was nice, no idea about the price, though, it was part of the package.

www.ratestogo.com I find is very good and very competitive pricewise. I've been doing a few searches on rates for Singapore hotels and they are usally cheaper then Asia Rooms. An example, 2 nights at Royal Plaza $US83 per night, Fri Nov 11 - Sun Nov 13. But on Asiarooms.com they are charing $US127. My past experiences using this site have always been positive. Before booking anything you might want to check out the prices on this site before hand.

Bit misleading this..................that $83 is exclusive of tax and service charge, you dont even know how much the tax and service are going to be until you check in to the hotel as ratestogo only take a deposit and you pay the balance upon arrival.

Another point ratestogo $83 is only for stay within the next 14 days or so at any one time............you look at the end of November and they quote $135++ a night.................as opposed to Asiarooms whose $127 which is inclusive of tax and service and can be booked now for anytime through to Feb 2006.

Point being you can't plan ahead..........if you wait till the "cheap" room rate becomes available i.e 14 days before travelling then if you go down with one of the budget carriers the airfare will be high.

Only other way is to book the airfare well in advance and then take a chance on whats available at ratestogo 14 days before travelling...........but you might not get your desired hotel of course.