A Real Person

Phil Conners

Is this sort of thing going to happen on every dry weekend?

If so we should be warned.

Well said.

I could have also done without the shrill whine of phonie joanie. Life can be rough. Chin up, stiff upper lip and carry on. All this touchie feelie swill. If Ghenghis Khan had been given to such sentimental dribble, he'd never have been paid homage to by John Wayne in arguably one of the worst movies ever. Nor would the Romans have achieved their glory. I know all about ancient Rome: I watched Rome. I'm now an official expert. Jeebus. If Cromwell had given in to such sentimentality England would never have had the delights of faciasm and if Henry the VIII had listened to the pleas of his ugly wives we'd never have had all those miniseries with lots of head chopping scenes.

Is this sort of thing going to happen on every dry weekend?

If so we should be warned.

Well said.

I could have also done without the shrill whine of phonie joanie. Life can be rough. Chin up, stiff upper lip and carry on. All this touchie feelie swill. If Ghenghis Khan had been given to such sentimental dribble, he'd never have been paid homage to by John Wayne in arguably one of the worst movies ever. Nor would the Romans have achieved their glory. I know all about ancient Rome: I watched Rome. I'm now an official expert. Jeebus. If Cromwell had given in to such sentimentality England would never have had the delights of faciasm and if Henry the VIII had listened to the pleas of his ugly wives we'd never have had all those miniseries with lots of head chopping scenes.

Disagree- the worst movie ever made would surely have been the Nicholas Cage film where he plays a biker from hell ( literally ). So bad I had to stop watching it before I disemboweled myself!

Actually, being anonymous can make one resort to being a right a hole. I also contribute on Thorn Tree Thailand, and on many occasions I want to ridicule some poor newbie that asks the same question that was just asked half a dozen times ( in the same day almost ), but I guess even I suffer from a modicum of PC, so I pass onto another question, without shredding the ignorant bagpacker.