Traffic Problems Across Pattaya City During Long Weekend

Rimmer

Traffic Problems across Pattaya City during long weekend

PATTAYA: -- With it being a long weekend, traffic congestion around Pattaya is causing motorists delays to their journeys and although traffic police and volunteers are on the streets, doing their best to keep the traffic flowing, traffic jams are inevitable.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-07-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Same with us. It was horrible. Even last night, getting from the Ambassador to South Pattaya, it was PACKED! With the usual crazies driving on the shoulder trying to get 2 cars ahead. No fun when one of them is a big bus!

Yesterday (Saturday) they had fenced off Central Road/Sukhumvit junction, meaning no right turn from the traffic lights from the Bangkok direction.

This meant a massive U turn was necessary at the lights at South Pattaya Road junction, resulting in utter chaos and gridlock on Sukhumvit and bad traffic on North Pattaya Road and South Pattaya Road instead- this was around 4pm.

i had very few problems but had to resort to nipping through little known side streets to get where i wanted to go

the worst problems lie in the fact that most weekend visitors have no idea where they are going

thats the most chaotic part,

avoiding them........

i had very few problems but had to resort to nipping through little known side streets to get where i wanted to go

the worst problems lie in the fact that most weekend visitors have no idea where they are going

thats the most chaotic part,

avoiding them........

Visitors or those crazy mini bus drivers. Saw one speeding down the shoulder of the road, then a few kilos later, cut in front of a songtaew to turn into Makro. Songtaew didn't have a chance and crashed right into the side of the van. Go figure. :(

just been to beach road and back from far side of Mapbrachan, traffic was medium

i used my short cuts again

there and back in 50 minutes, driving steady as i had the dog hanging out the window

i guess it won't be the same this afternoon...........

Cant believe i am reading this,must be bored.

GUYS

Its a bloody holiday <deleted>,the same as easter in uk,if u dont need to travel in car DONT,or hire a motorbike and get from a-b quicker.

Sounds like a load of moaning old wenches lol lol

GUYS

Its a bloody holiday <deleted>,the same as easter in uk,if u dont need to travel in car DONT,or hire a motorbike and get from a-b quicker.

wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Who's sounding like an moaning old wench????

Unfortunately, it's not always possible to avoid travel on these days.

GUYS

wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Who's sounding like an moaning old wrench????

Unfortunately, it's not always possible to avoid travel on these days.

WRENCH ????

Yesterday (Saturday) they had fenced off Central Road/Sukhumvit junction, meaning no right turn from the traffic lights from the Bangkok direction.

This meant a massive U turn was necessary at the lights at South Pattaya Road junction, resulting in utter chaos and gridlock on Sukhumvit and bad traffic on North Pattaya Road and South Pattaya Road instead- this was around 4pm.

They also prohibited to turn right from 2nd Road onto Pattaya Central Road in the evening, for whatever reason.

All traffic, took Soi 5 on Second Road and used a back road to get onto 2nd Road direction Sukhumvit.

The only measure the city can take in order to keep the traffic flow going is to send all brownies home.

As soon as the BiB start to control the traffic, prepare for the worst ermm.gif