Winners Of King’S Cup Asian & Pattaya Marathon 2011

Rimmer

Kenyan’s dominate at the King’s Cup Asian & Pattaya Marathon

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday Morning, the King’s Cup Asian & Pattaya Marathon 2011 took place. The conditions were perfect and Khun Pongsuk, the Deputy Governor of Chonburi Province oversaw the formalities and as planned at 4.20am, the Wheelchair race got under-way. 10 minutes later, the main Marathon race began with an estimated 10,000 runners,

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-07-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So can we assume this ??? --

Marathon (42.195 km) Men’s division: Lawrence Kiptoo Saina from Kenya, total time of 2:21:06

NOT ASIAN, NO MONEY PRIZE

Marathon (42.195 km) Women’s division: Euzaeth Jeruiyoj Chemweno from Kenya, total time of 2:44:06

NOT ASIAN, NO MONEY PRIZE

Half Marathon (21.10 km) Men’s division: Sanchai Namkhet from Thailand, total time of 1:12.13

ASIAN, MONEY PRIZE

Half Marathon (21.10 km) Women’s division: Chow Chi Ngan from Hong Kong

ASIAN, MONEY PRIZE

Quarter Marathon (10.55 km) Men’s division: Nattawuth Im-Noom from Thailand

ASIAN, MONEY PRIZE

Quarter Marathon (10.55 km) Women’s division: Chantana Panyakul from Thailand

ASIAN, MONEY PRIZE

Does this seem fair? Usually an African wins the big thing. Don't you think that next year the organizers should consider including NON-ASIANS as well for the money prizes as well? Sure some assert this ISN'T racist, but to many people it APPEARS to be racist. Wouldn't it be POLITE and simply the right thing to do to drop the limitations on the money prizes to a favored group? Can you imagine this happening in other parts of the world?

Edited by Jingthing

No, I can't see it happening outside of Thailand. I also do not think it does happen outside of Thailand. What does that say about racism in Thailand?

This year the Pattaya marathon also doubled up as the Asian Championships which resulted in Mohammed Abduh Bakhet of Qatar and Japan’s Noriko Higuchi being crowned the male and female champions for 2011.

With over 2 million baht in prize money on offer at this year’s race it was the most lucrative in the 18 year history of the event and both the Kenyan winners of the marathon were rewarded with 200,000 baht each for crossing the line first.

http://www.pattayamail.com/sports/kenyan-athletes-dominate-again-at-2011-pattaya-marathon-4908

You were saying ?

No, I can't see it happening outside of Thailand. I also do not think it does happen outside of Thailand. What does that say about racism in Thailand?

This year the Pattaya marathon also doubled up as the Asian Championships which resulted in Mohammed Abduh Bakhet of Qatar and Japan's Noriko Higuchi being crowned the male and female champions for 2011.

With over 2 million baht in prize money on offer at this year's race it was the most lucrative in the 18 year history of the event and both the Kenyan winners of the marathon were rewarded with 200,000 baht each for crossing the line first.

http://www.pattayama...a-marathon-4908

You were saying ?

I was saying what was stated earlier: only Asians would get prize money. If that did not happen, good for Thailand. They should have made that clear earlier and not given people the impression that they are engaged in racism towards non-Asians.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli