Super Car Thailand Championships

BangRon

Super Car Round 3 results with some pics from Sat July 16 at Bira 2.4km track Chonburi, Thailand

fastest lap time was a 1:03.81 , fun times in the sun.

1 #50 Ford V8

2 #28 Porsche 997

3 #11 Subaru Impreza

4 #4 Porsche 996 RS

5 #19 Toyota Altis

6 #21 Subaru Impreza

7 #35 Mitsubishi EVO III

8 #39 Toyota Altis

9 #26 Porsche 944

10 #8 Porsche 996 GT3

11 #17 Mazda RX-7

12 #23 Datsun Fairlady 260Z

13 #69 Ford V8

14 #97 Toyota Corolla KE70

15 #72 Toyota

16 #3 Subaru Impreza

17 #5 Porsche 996 GT3

post-78747-0-57267400-1310936324_thumb.jpost-78747-0-15798900-1310936334_thumb.jpost-78747-0-53721900-1310936342_thumb.jpost-78747-0-16662100-1310936353_thumb.jpost-78747-0-63076500-1310936359_thumb.jpost-78747-0-97437900-1310936368_thumb.jpost-78747-0-74229500-1310936376_thumb.jpost-78747-0-68947700-1310936396_thumb.jpost-78747-0-52475100-1310936403_thumb.jpost-78747-0-45445300-1310936426_thumb.jpost-78747-0-10854800-1310936434_thumb.jpost-78747-0-16812200-1310936444_thumb.jpost-78747-0-73479800-1310936451_thumb.jpost-78747-0-35715100-1310936468_thumb.jpost-78747-0-20396100-1310936477_thumb.jpost-78747-0-89284800-1310936493_thumb.jpost-78747-0-05027300-1310936501_thumb.jpost-78747-0-06331700-1310936511_thumb.jpost-78747-0-87127300-1310936521_thumb.jpost-78747-0-57835100-1310936532_thumb.jpost-78747-0-26467100-1310936540_thumb.jpost-78747-0-27636000-1310936551_thumb.jpost-78747-0-32035200-1310936559_thumb.jpost-78747-0-78157700-1310936568_thumb.jpost-78747-0-95564300-1310936575_thumb.jpost-78747-0-06082400-1310936596_thumb.jpost-78747-0-25690900-1310936609_thumb.jpost-78747-0-71456800-1310936620_thumb.jpost-78747-0-11392500-1310936630_thumb.jpost-78747-0-83652700-1310936639_thumb.jpost-78747-0-27933900-1310936650_thumb.jpost-78747-0-16260000-1310936660_thumb.jpost-78747-0-93825900-1310936670_thumb.jpost-78747-0-63155100-1310936702_thumb.j

post-78747-0-38556300-1310936600_thumb.j

Doesnt seem to grab me here, its sort of Boy Racers, Car Stereos, and Siily Gigly girls, or .is it just me..?..Not like Englands serious stuff.

So what 'serious stuff' competes at British club races that makes the above vehicles boy racer :blink:.

Doesnt seem to grab me here, its sort of Boy Racers, Car Stereos, and Siily Gigly girls, or .is it just me..?..Not like Englands serious stuff.

So what 'serious stuff' competes at British club races that makes the above vehicles boy racer :blink:.

Just look at You Tube,the Classes for a start, ive been to Thai events. More Perfume than Petrol .Drifts are same.

Oh my gawd we agree for once.. I think there's some serious stuff out there now, just not enough serious talent to go along with the equipment which makes the racing tedious with only a few exceptions..

By far the best classes are the less costly ones so that the drivers can be a bit more stand out and the competition closer. Series like the WTCC, BTCC, etc. are all based on this premise and they all have fantastic competition throughout the class, fart and someone will pass you..

Thats pretty cool, An aussie XR8 coon taking the win over a porka !!

It should, there is no Porsche's out there with a competitive driver in it, the reality is finally coming home to roost :whistling: now that there's outside competition..

Edit: Well, one maybe but he isn't taking this that seriously unfortunately..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Not fair to compare realy, once you have been to Bathurst a few times,thats it..:jap:

Bathhurst is in England :blink: ??

We ara known to wander., a trip to Mell less than a F1 ticket these days..I wanderd off 30 years ago .A longstanding Touring Car Fan from the"Smokin" Joe Winklehoff era..:o

Not fair to compare realy, once you have been to Bathurst a few times,thats it..:jap:

Bathhurst is in England :blink: ??

We ara known to wander., a trip to Mell less than a F1 ticket these days..I wanderd off 30 years ago .A longstanding Touring Car Fan from the"Smokin" Joe Winklehoff era..:o

It appears Mt Panorama is on the move - last time I looked, it was roughly 200KM West of Sydney - not in England nor very close to Melbourne ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

So were now comparing Bira to Bathurst so we must compare the most probable English circuit to Bira, Lydden Hill how many of that model Ford Falcon and Porsche 996 are running around Lydden although i'm sure they did run around Bathurst.

Well Bira has the Edge on Cart Tracks.Has anyone been.Pimply Oiks ,and Gradads.:D

I'll give you that one.

I was quashed (though out of a lack if wider knowledge by those quashing me at the time) when I mentioned how rather small and limited all of the tracks here are let alone how much slower.. The front straight of Bira is about half the length of even one straight at Sebring in the States for example let alone the 3 straights at say Road America or Watkins Glen etc. the list is endless. We're carrying more speed through some corner combinations then is carried on the straight here. The down hill section on the front straight (turn 12) at Road Atlanta for example is flat out after coming over a blind rise flat out with barely a lift at speeds of between 100 to well over 120 MPH depending on the car model (again taking into account that I'm speaking of slightly modified street legal cars many out of the showroom not full on race chassis's) with the walls just as close to track side as the front straight of Bira & seeing speeds that the most highly modified car here in Thailand is barely seeing on the straight.

Take Daytona for example though it isn't all straight (even scarier) you're still flat out on the high banks that can give you a false sense of security and spit you out in a heart beat especially when a faster class car passes at 20 or 30 MPH faster and completely upsets an already loose rear end with a pressure wave, you end up wondering what just happened :blink: ? (Never happened to me but seen it happen many times).

You enter the back straight chicane at over 80MPH down from over 150 in a basically stock model with only minimally allowable upgrades (by rule) most not including brakes but hp upgrades and that's the lower classes, the upper classes are doing well over 170 to 180.. Then into turn 1 again coming down from that speed into a blind corner and a transition from the banking to a flat infield section which wants to throw you into the infield just as your braking I just can not get these locals including the farangs to relate, like when you haven't been out of your village your whole life you tend to think it's the entire world when in reality it's just your own little corner..

Edited by WarpSpeed

JEBUS 170 to 180MPH in a cart must be hairy, you are talking carts yeah Warpy, your quote of windyass is about carts.

No it isn't simpleton, he's speaking sarcastically about the size of the local "car tracks" here suggesting they are only slightly more then a kart track and I concur and clearly (to most) I wasn't referring to a "go kart" :rolleyes: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I dont have friends in Sydney, so last year i got a cheapy, from the Swamp to Mel.Left er in doors here.,mates got a 7Litre Monaro Chev,with a Gas Conversion.That alone fasinated me, why buy 7.3,{i think}and talk economy.Best bloody race weekend ive ever had.Sadly Peter Brock had departed,last time i went he battled Alan Grice,must be 20 years back. If you can, Go,its a Milestone for enthusiasts.So is Daytona , but give me them Convicts,Beer n Barbies for a great atmosphere.You Truckies would weep at the stuff they drive there,makes my ride look like a Push Chair.The Cops are not bought at any price either, good job i stayed free.Anyone here been .?.

I dont have friends in Sydney, so last year i got a cheapy, from the Swamp to Mel.Left er in doors here.,mates got a 7Litre Monaro Chev,with a Gas Conversion.That alone fasinated me, why buy 7.3,{i think}and talk economy.Best bloody race weekend ive ever had.Sadly Peter Brock had departed,last time i went he battled Alan Grice,must be 20 years back. If you can, Go,its a Milestone for enthusiasts.So is Daytona , but give me them Convicts,Beer n Barbies for a great atmosphere.You Truckies would weep at the stuff they drive there,makes my ride look like a Push Chair.The Cops are not bought at any price either, good job i stayed free.Anyone here been .?.

Nope, can't be a spectator, got be a competitor, enjoyment is lost, the only exception is F1 since it's out of reach for me..

JEBUS 170 to 180MPH in a cart must be hairy, you are talking carts yeah Warpy, your quote of windyass is about carts.

No it isn't simpleton, he's speaking sarcastically about the size of the local "car tracks" here suggesting they are only slightly more then a kart track and I concur and clearly (to most) I wasn't referring to a "go kart" :rolleyes: ..

BUT, a 'racer' can deal with any track, long, short, bendy or straight, that is what racing is about. AND l must correct you in that Spoony is not a simpleton. :rolleyes:

No need to be so cynical, it's a great day out and almost free (50 baht entry). For that there are around 6 races of different classes, culminating in the 'supercars'.

You can have a wander around the pits and talk to the teams and drivers, and stand as close to the edge of the track as you dare.

I enjoy it for what it is, high end racing it ain't but great entertainment.

No need to be so cynical, it's a great day out and almost free (50 baht entry). For that there are around 6 races of different classes, culminating in the 'supercars'.

You can have a wander around the pits and talk to the teams and drivers, and stand as close to the edge of the track as you dare.

I enjoy it for what it is, high end racing it ain't but great entertainment.

Who is cynical ? :)

BUT, a 'racer' can deal with any track, long, short, bendy or straight, that is what racing is about. AND l must correct you in that Spoony is not a simpleton. :rolleyes:

you should add RHD/LHD to that as well, thanks for the vote of confidence that Iam not a simpleton, well not as simple as some anyways :lol:

you should add RHD/LHD to that as well, thanks for the vote of confidence that Iam not a simpleton, well not as simple as some anyways :lol:

Well l thought about the LHD & RHD but new comers would not understand eh. :lol:

So what? I'm sure you're trying to make a point about something irrelevant but please do make it known to us? You can "correct" me all you want his post was that of a simpleton or just a troll either way.. You need to be "aware" enough to understand that though so I guess that's why it slipped past you :whistling: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

So what? I'm sure you're trying to make a point about something irrelevant but please do make it known to us? You can "correct" me all you want his post was that of a simpleton or just a troll either way.. You need to be "aware" enough to understand that though so I guess that's why it slipped past you :whistling: ...

Those who REMEMBER stuff here know that Spoony was a 6 second drag racer, NOT to be dismissed as a simpleton eh. You use ridiculous English to try and make a point, which really doesn't wear. talk English for the masses here to understand and reply eh.:rolleyes:

You continue to be a simpleton on that too it's just way over your head to understand the dynamics behind the facts, I'll try to make it simple for you though. Do you naturally pee holding your tiny todger with your left or your right hand? If it's your left you're in the minority and that explains a lot about you too and also doesn't apply to you. There is nothing natural about driving on the right and even the gauges are not conveniently visible requiring you to look away and "locate" gauges for information instead of glancing, if you don't understand that now you never will. It's about right/left brain dominance recognition and coordination, pedals on the same side as your shifting for example (meaning clutch and sometimes brake for those skilled enough to brake left footed).

Just for educational purposes, try standing up and rubbing your stomach in a circle with one hand while patting the top of your head doing this without being pissed of course. With one side you'll find it impossible to do it rhythmically UNLESS you focus very hard on the motion to do it and some still can't. That delay in NATURAL motion to have to think about the action versus just doing it naturally is the extreme difference between shifting and many other motions required when racing where split seconds count and add up to seconds, circuit racing is all about rythm..

Now try doing the same simple test with the opposite hands and the motion is far more natural, that's right/left brain dominance and vice versa.

Name me one top tier series that has one right drive team consistently winning, as in Championships?? The WTCC maybe?? Nope! Though the top teams currently are British based and even have some right drive drivers including the most winning-est driver since it's inception being Andy Priaulx, one of few drivers I admire and respect as a real racer doing it as an independent and taking on the big boys, even mortgaging his home to do so, but he won in left drive BMW's.

The WRC maybe? Nope! Even though the Ford team is British based. Know any others? Name em? Obviously exclusively right drive countries don't qualify, I'm talking International series. The question is rhetorical because there is NONE, in the case of the option of being able to drive right or left by rule, ALL the top teams be it a team from a right drive country or not, still compete in left drive cars, end off.... They do that because like me they've done laps upon laps of testing and have come to one simple conclusion, left drive is quicker.......Period! Whether the track is right oriented turns or left oriented, in both cases it's quicker, but less so with right turn oriented tracks due to vehicle balance but for no other reason........ If you can't digest those facts as facts then simply it's clear that you rightfully earn the title of simpleton.. And T/A is a straight liner so the entire discussion most certainly goes over his head anyways because it concerns down shifting/braking and turning multiple times per lap instead of just one time through the gears, flat on the gas for 10 seconds, like his love life :lol: ..

One last thing, the reason why right drivers do better in left drive series when making the change over is due to this very same phenomena. It's far easier and NATURAL to transition to left drive then it is right drive for someone who hasn't driven that way their entire career..