Dutch Motorbike Driver Injured In Pattaya Beach Road Accident

Rimmer

Dutch motorbike driver injured in Pattaya Beach road accident

PATTAYA: -- A Dutch motorbike driver was injured during an incident with a Baht bus in the early hours of Monday Morning. The incident occurred just before 3am on Monday and resulted in head injuries sustained to Mr. Evert Leereart aged 53. Medics soon arrived and attended to head lacerations sustained when Mr. Leereart was forced to take evasive action due to a Baht Bus which broke heavily to pick-up customers outside the Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-07-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

We advise all drivers to keep a good distance from Baht Buses which are likely to brake heavily when they see potential customers, with no consideration for other drivers behind them.

and why are these people allowed to drive on the roads !!!!

We advise all drivers to keep a good distance from Baht Buses which are likely to brake heavily when they see potential customers, with no consideration for other drivers behind them.

Because there would be even more carnage if they were restricted to just the footpath.

Exactly!

A possible explanation from a local point of view would probably be: more accidents= more works for=nurses,medics,mechanics,police, etc...many people will earn some considerable amounts of cash from others misadventures, and if it is a farang, then jackpot!

Because there would be even more carnage if they were restricted to just the footpath.

you're dead right about the carnage if they were restricted to just the footpath.....could you imagine the bus and mo-sigh pile-up's!!!

I wish the morons who come here on holiday and think they can roar around on large bikes were all banned ,especially the idiot middle eastern guy that nearly smashed into me yesterday going the wrong way down a one way street. idiot.

I remember my first trip to Hanoi. Walking down the sidewalk and getting honked at to move out of the way of scooters. Next trip, I'm bringing an air horn to honk back! ;)

I wish the morons who come here on holiday and think they can roar around on large bikes were all banned ,especially the idiot middle eastern guy that nearly smashed into me yesterday going the wrong way down a one way street. idiot.

that guy was probably amongst the many who come here and rent a big bike to make up for the lack of size in another area.........

that guy was probably amongst the many who come here and rent a big bike to make up for the lack of size in another area.........

Indeed !!!

When you say "these people" do you refer to the baht bus drivers or the drivers behind who do not keep a safe distance? I once witnessed a traffic accident in Melbourne Australia, where an idiot braked very suddenly and caused 2 cars behind to smash into him. Guess what? The 2 cars behind were considered to be "at fault" for not allowing a safe distance. Apparently, there is a formula: for every X km/h, you allow for Y meters behind.

When you say "these people" do you refer to the baht bus drivers or the drivers behind who do not keep a safe distance? I once witnessed a traffic accident in Melbourne Australia, where an idiot braked very suddenly and caused 2 cars behind to smash into him. Guess what? The 2 cars behind were considered to be "at fault" for not allowing a safe distance. Apparently, there is a formula: for every X km/h, you allow for Y meters behind.

In the UK its called the 2 second rule.

Not the same guy who was doing a wheelie down 2nd road the wrong way outside 'Central' with a passenger on the back of it !! ? I saw them pull out of the New Plaza Soi as I was walking down 2nd Road and then absolutely hammered it down past 'Made in Thailand' on the back wheel with pillion passenger - Arab looking chaps.