No Golfers Want To Play At Phunaka

kenny999

I am a bit disappointed that not one golfer wants to play at Phunaka, I guess they are all wealthy and able to play at the top courses so Phunaka is not an option, unfortunately I can not afford these top courses but that is life, Phunaka is a great little course and certainly not easy, I see a few Falang's practicing at Phunaka but have not got round to talking to them as yet, I just get the feeling that this course is not considered a good course(I think it is a good test) but for people like me it is the only course that can be afforded on this tourist Island.

The next time I see the few Falangs that practice there I will have a chat and see where they play..

I will be getting back practicing there when my finance get better in a month or 2.. It's a fun course as you can drink on it :P

After all the many posts I have put on Thai Visa asking for other golfers who fancy playing at Phunaka the only reply is from someone who wants to drink whilst playing the game(I am assuming alcohol) enjoy your game and drink!!!

I had a friend visit me and he went to Phunaka, he said it was crap,, he has been playing golf for 12 years,,, dont ask me why he say that, i dont play

I have no idea why someone would say this course is crap, no it does not have the Infrastructure of the top courses on this Island which by the way charge 3500bht and up!!! this course is not easy so I am guessing your friend had a nightmare, as I said before I am unable to afford the high charges of the other courses on this Island, even if I could I would still play Phunaka as it is a good test of golf at a price which is reasonable for people that live here, the other courses are geared up for Tourists hence the very high prices. yes I would love to play at Loch Palm etc but golf is about fun, enjoying the game and not about boasting to your mates that I play at the most expensive course on the Island, I am a good golfer and could be a lot better but life and wealth dictates what and where you can do the thing you love...

As opposed to advertising your golf course in multiple threads, why not become an official TV sponsor?

I do not own or have anything to do with Phunaka golf course, I talk about it because it is the only golf course that is affordable too me!!!!

Also I am just trying to find other golfers to play with, obviously no one is interested!!!

Edited by kenny999

Has the thought crossed your mind that it isn't the course they don't want to play on, but, that they just don't want to play with you?

No and what a stupid thing to say!! still I guess you are bored!!!

Reason they say its crap is because the gras is horrible. The course makes no sense as everything laps together.. There's also construction directly on the course.

mmm it makes no sense that you are saying it makes no sense, hole 2 follows hole 1 and so on ??? anyway no point in posting any more as the numpties are crawling out of there beds!! as is usual on Thai visa forums!!

kenny do you have a local Thai driver's license? You should be able to get reasonable green fees with it. On top of this most courses will give member's guests a nice discount, so find someone that is a member at a course and go with them. I'm sure katasyd would help you out there :).

kenny do you have a local Thai driver's license? You should be able to get reasonable green fees with it. On top of this most courses will give member's guests a nice discount, so find someone that is a member at a course and go with them. I'm sure katasyd would help you out there :).

Cheers and yes I have a Thai driving license, I have chatted to katasyd but have heard nothing from him, I think he is scared because I use a big driver lol I have emailed a couple of the expensive courses no reply as yet, to be honest I do not expect to get answered, unfortunately I do not know any golfers who have memberships at the courses here hence why I play at Phunaka, seriously though do I think Phunaka is a good course, well compared to Blue Canyon, Loch Palm etc it is not in the same league, for me it is what I can afford, I enjoy my golf so I enjoy playing where I can!!!

This is me on the first tee, now I understand why no one wants to play with me lol my wood is too big ha ha

post-58930-0-91369100-1311056520_thumb.j

Edited by kenny999

I had a friend visit me and he went to Phunaka, he said it was crap,, he has been playing golf for 12 years,,, dont ask me why he say that, i dont play

I have no idea why someone would say this course is crap, no it does not have the Infrastructure of the top courses on this Island which by the way charge 3500bht and up!!! this course is not easy so I am guessing your friend had a nightmare, as I said before I am unable to afford the high charges of the other courses on this Island, even if I could I would still play Phunaka as it is a good test of golf at a price which is reasonable for people that live here, the other courses are geared up for Tourists hence the very high prices. yes I would love to play at Loch Palm etc but golf is about fun, enjoying the game and not about boasting to your mates that I play at the most expensive course on the Island, I am a good golfer and could be a lot better but life and wealth dictates what and where you can do the thing you love...

I sent a mail and asked my friend, he say its a 9 hole and he did it in 32, i have no idea what he means other that he said it again,,, crap

so what it was he told me i dont know you figure out. :)

I sent a mail and asked my friend, he say its a 9 hole and he did it in 32, i have no idea what he means other that he said it again,,, crap

32 which over 18 holes would make him a 4 too 6 handicap and that is a very very good golfer indeed!! okay lets make this clear compared to Blue Canyon, Loch Palm and all the other ultra expensive courses on Phuket, Phunaka could indeed be considered crap!!! I play where it is affordable for me.

32 which over 18 holes would make him a 4 too 6 handicap and that is a very very good golfer indeed!! okay lets make this clear compared to Blue Canyon, Loch Palm and all the other ultra expensive courses on Phuket, Phunaka could indeed be considered crap!!! I play where it is affordable for me.

I played a few weeks ago and shot a 44. The course was better in the past before the reservoir construction started. One of the tee's was gobbled up and a par 3 lost (it was replaced, but no as good). The new par 4 is very tight and OB on the left. Overall, a good test of one's iron skill.

• 3 months later...

A late answer to an old question.

You must be very new to Phuket if you are not aware of the Phuket Expat Golf society. Membership is cheap, with discounts off every course...including Phunaka.

You also have the chance to enter bi monthly competitions and meet other members.

Most members are MEMBERS of one or more golf clubs, who can sign you in as a guest.

I used to play Phunaka a couple of times a week when it first opened, but i could play 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours, whereas for a little bit more i could play at other clubs, with a proper 18 hole layout.

Phunaka introduced a no smoking ban at their driving range, even though it is open air...never been back since.

A late answer to an old question.

You must be very new to Phuket if you are not aware of the Phuket Expat Golf society. Membership is cheap, with discounts off every course...including Phunaka.

You also have the chance to enter bi monthly competitions and meet other members.

Most members are MEMBERS of one or more golf clubs, who can sign you in as a guest.

I used to play Phunaka a couple of times a week when it first opened, but i could play 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours, whereas for a little bit more i could play at other clubs, with a proper 18 hole layout.

Phunaka introduced a no smoking ban at their driving range, even though it is open air...never been back since.

I am a member of the ex pat golf society and get on to Phunaka for a decent price with the discount, as for the other courses even with ex pat discount the Green fee's are still way to high, I would not pay £50 up to play golf in the UK and certainly will not pay it here!! I have seen people smoking in the driving range area, If I want a decent game of golf I will travel to Tablamu 18 holes for 1020 bht or Phunaka at 1100 bht..

I played a few weeks ago and shot a 44. The course was better in the past before the reservoir construction started. One of the tee's was gobbled up and a par 3 lost (it was replaced, but no as good). The new par 4 is very tight and OB on the left. Overall, a good test of one's iron skill.

You scored 44 over 18 holes(16 under par, I think you should join the European tour asap!!!

If they hire left handed clubs i will have a game with you

I will not be much compatition i have not played in 35 years

They don't hire left handed clubs Peter, it's not all about the golf most of the time it is about the company, I don't play much golf now as I won't pay the ridiculous prices here, but if I do play it will be at Phunaka 1100 bht or Tablamu at 1020 bht a decent and fair price for a game of golf!!

You get what you pay for.

Phunaka is cheap because its a sub standard 9 hole swamp.

I know its ok for just a bunch of hackers chopping up the course but anyone who takes the game seriously won't play there.

Haven't we done this thread before or am I having a case of dejavu?

I know its ok for just a bunch of hackers chopping up the course but anyone who takes the game seriously won't play there.

Oh Syd their you go again showing every one what a self centered nob you are !!! This thread was dead and buried long ago but a couple of people felt the need to make a comment, so yes you are certainly displaying some thing and it is no dejavu, now be a good chap and go look at and swoon over your multiple golf memberships!! :redcard1: lol love it when you post Syd always makes me laugh out loud... he he

Edited by kenny999

I have seen you practicing at Phunaka Syd so what is the truth with you Sydney?

And you being a little Tinker I know you will have a little look at my posts because you just can't help your self lol all in good fun Mr moderator lol

Edited by kenny999

Yes, you have tried this a few times but with the same result.

Can't you just bump one of the above redundant threads instead of making another that will end much the same as this thread.

Get a life Kenny, seriously.

http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

Yes, you have tried this a few times but with the same result.

Can't you just bump one of the above redundant threads instead of making another that will end much the same as this thread.

Get a life Kenny, seriously.

lol Syd me and you are going to be great friends ha ha

You scored 44 over 18 holes(16 under par, I think you should join the European tour asap!!!

Er, that's actually more like 28 under par. :ermm: