Six Booby Traps Waiting To Blow A Hole In Yingluck's Government

webfact

so how long till the NEXT election after this one will fail

Well there will be the coup, judicial or military remains to be seen, then about a year of an appointed government, giving another chance to try and rig things, and then the next election. Unless of course the Thai electorate finally shows that it has had enough of its decisions being overturned. In that case I don't suppose there will be another election.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be talk abut mixing with a convicted felon and if it is classed as breaking the law. If she was to continue talking with her brother would she be seen as breaking the law?

Who has the power to bring charges against her and who is it that is in charge of trying to bring her brother back??

If it is the governments job then is there anybody that can asked her publicly if she is going to do so?

Of course I don`t think she would but who can make her accountable if she doesn`t??

May I suggest you read the OP again. It answers most of your questions I think

Yingluck and many Pheu Thai members will be "state officials" in a few days and Thaksin remains a fugitive convict. Every law requires her to find his whereabouts or seek his arrest, and her opponents will take full advantage of that. They will keep their radar on around the clock, not for whether she will fulfil that obligation, but for whether she or other government officials are keeping in contact with him.

Fair or unfair, this is potentially a nuke that could blow the new government away. All it'll take to detonate is a wayward Cabinet member found in Dubai or Brunei or a loose-tongued justice minister who announces "I talked to him last night."

Sorry, it`s been a long day at work.

I`ve read this but who can enforce it? Is it the courts, who do the opponents take it up with? or a case of trail by media??

Those that fly in for his birthday party. Why would that still be allowed or are they already breaking the law?

I`m sure the answer is obvious but I`m not called Sillybilly for nothing...

Definitely contact and taking advice from Thaksin are a no no.

As long as she was a private citizen that was OK.

She now is the PM of Thailand and it is her duty to if possible capture him and imprison him.

The new thing she must learn is that now Thailand and it's law's are her number one concern not family.

Or she could do like the democrats did and rewrite the constitution, let off the criminals that carried out the coup and rewrite the laws to serve their own selfish interests.

er... when did the Democrats rewrite the constitution?

Well there will be the coup, judicial or military remains to be seen, then about a year of an appointed government, giving another chance to try and rig things, and then the next election. Unless of course the Thai electorate finally shows that it has had enough of its decisions being overturned. In that case I don't suppose there will be another election.

What's this crap about judicial coups?

Judicial coup 1: Samak was forced to step down because he was paid for another job besides PM. He could have been elected PM the next day, but Thaksin's brother-in-law was elected instead.

Judicial coup 2: The PPP executives were banned and the party disbanded. They could have stayed in government if the smaller parties and and their own factions hadn't abandoned them.

It wasn't the courts that kicked Thaksin's proxies out of government.

What's this crap about judicial coups?

Judicial coup 1: Samak was forced to step down because he was paid for another job besides PM. He could have been elected PM the next day, but Thaksin's brother-in-law was elected instead.

Judicial coup 2: The PPP executives were banned and the party disbanded. They could have stayed in government if the smaller parties and and their own factions hadn't abandoned them.

It wasn't the courts that kicked Thaksin's proxies out of government.

"It's only justice if the decision goes my way", the PTP party slogan.

The key to how long this government last is of course as always the military who are a law unto themselves. If PTP doesn't mess with them they may well survive but if there is the slightest hint of that happening that will be the end as we saw before. The defence appointment will be crucial.

Hellodolly

I really can't wait to see what her position is on this specific point. I am convinced that there will be NO attempt to locate the brother, as they already know where he is.... There will be NO attempt to go after him and to bring him to Thailand, to serve his sentence, as he himself claimed that he did nothing wrong and will not serve any time in jail. And as he is the one who will decide what to do, and tell it through his sister's mouth, we can easily know what it's going to be like..........

...and there will be no concerted attempt to get a royal pardon for him.

The key to how long this government last is of course as always the military who are a law unto themselves. If PTP doesn't mess with them they may well survive but if there is the slightest hint of that happening that will be the end as we saw before. The defence appointment will be crucial.

There are much more choppy waters ahead than this!!!!:blink:

It would be nice to see what the break down is on the percentage of votes each party got.:jap:

Your wish.... etc: Here are the to 5 vote getters (although this doesn't translate into the most seats in Parliament)

PT __________ 15,744190 48%

Dem ___________ 11,433,762 35%

BJT __________ 1,281,577 4%

Rak Thailand :D __________ 998,603 3%

Chart Thai P __________ 906,656 3%

Edited by otherstuff1957

She now is the PM of Thailand and it is her duty to if possible capture him and imprison him.

The new thing she must learn is that now Thailand and it's law's are her number one concern not family.

Or she could do like the democrats did and rewrite the constitution, let off the criminals that carried out the coup and rewrite the laws to serve their own selfish interests.

Yes, I think that it was passed by a majority house after they had discussed it in a cross party committee. Only a small section (effectively) was changed on seats allocation so I think that it might just be stretching it a tad to imply they re-wrote the whole thing :D

You people are thinking to much like farangs. PTP won, we will do as we please and the consequences be damned. They think they are above the law just as the big man does.

Totally agree! This endless yammering about the same ol' crap leads to NOWHERE!

Yes, I think that it was passed by a majority house after they had discussed it in a cross party committee. Only a small section (effectively) was changed on seats allocation so I think that it might just be stretching it a tad to imply they re-wrote the whole thing :D

He apparently means the 2007 replacing the 1997.

Of course I don't remember the Dems being on the committee that wrote the new one in any particular majority, and it was not passed by the house, that didn't exist at the time, but voted on;l 1st by the constitution drafting committee of about 100 elder statesmen, and then in national public referendum, thumbs or or down.

It got better than 70% public approval. It then was amended on a few points

by the Parliament House by bipartisan votes of all parties,

except PTP which boycotted if I remember.

Edited by animatic

• 1 month later...
The Thaksin big bang. This is last but not least. Contacts with the man when Pheu Thai was in opposition were one thing, but flying to see him, having him phone in, or letting him publicly dispense advice to the government from now on could trigger a catastrophe.

Yingluck and many Pheu Thai members will be "state officials" in a few days and Thaksin remains a fugitive convict. Every law requires her to find his whereabouts or seek his arrest, and her opponents will take full advantage of that. They will keep their radar on around the clock, not for whether she will fulfil that obligation, but for whether she or other government officials are keeping in contact with him.

Fair or unfair, this is potentially a nuke that could blow the new government away. All it'll take to detonate is a wayward Cabinet member found in Dubai or Brunei

cue a booby family meeting in Brunei...

By The Nation

Published on September 7, 2011

PM heads to Brunei on her first trip

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will make her first trip overseas, beginning with Brunei, this weekend

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/09/07/national/PM-heads-to-Brunei-on-her-first-trip-30164692.html