Big Fish Eats Online Learning ?

Hello All,

Does the "Big Fish incident" on Ed Visa and the authorities demanding that students actually attend lessons, means that Online studying is a definite No-No ?

Thank you in advance for your answers

A

I have always thought that on-line studying would not merit a long term visa. The term on-line indicates that you can use anywhere in world on-line !!!!, but have met 1 person who said they had ED visa with on-line course, but was never backed up jap.gif

Please share any information you have on people successfully getting an online ed visa

Cheers

Don't see why not.

Next time you head over for your extension of stay stick one of these badges on and everything will be fine and dandy.

fishbx.jpg

I have always thought that on-line studying would not merit a long term visa. The term on-line indicates that you can use anywhere in world on-line !!!!, but have met 1 person who said they had ED visa with on-line course, but was never backed up jap.gif

Thanks, but all the information I have about Online Visa, start with "I was under the impression ..." or " I thought....", I never seem to get to the bottom of it ...

Is it accepted by immigration, or does the school just does not "mention" it's online on their letter ?

Thanks, but all the information I have about Online Visa, start with "I was under the impression ..." or " I thought....", I never seem to get to the bottom of it ...

Is it accepted by immigration, or does the school just does not "mention" it's online on their letter of application ?

Is it accepted by immigration, or does the school just does not "mention" it's online on their letter of application ?

I have never seen it accepted by immigration jap.gif There you go

Sorry to be a pain but what about " I have seen someone been refused because it was online" ?

And what about the definition of "attending" One might argue that attending an online course is still attending

Thank you for sharing your knowledge everyone

jap.gif

Edited by aneliane

Sorry to be a pain but what about " I have seen someone been refused because it was online" ?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge everyone

jap.gif

I know someone up north that offers online ED - I will try & contact him and get more info - which area are you in ?? jap.gif

I know someone up north that offers online ED - I will try & contact him and get more info - which area are you in ?? jap.gif

Bangkok ! But it's still worth having the info ! Cheers you're a star ! jap.gif:)

In Bangkok the cheapest online

http://www.olainter.ac.th/index.html

there are others, even Walen do online with ED Visa.. http://www.thaiwalen.com/learnonline.php

From what I understand with the school letter you go to Immigration every 90days for an extension [you go outside of Thailand for your 1st ED Visa]........ BUT this is where the problem lies.. you MUST go to Immigration where the school is registered NOT your local Immigration..

Do you want to travel up north every 90 days ? Check where the school is registered.

Bangkok ! But it's still worth having the info ! Cheers you're a star ! jap.gif:)

there are others, even Walen do online with ED Visa.. http://www.thaiwalen...learnonline.php

From what I understand with the school letter you go to Immigration every 90days for an extension [you go outside of Thailand for your 1st ED Visa]........ BUT this is where the problem lies.. you MUST go to Immigration where the school is registered NOT your local Immigration..

Do you want to travel up north every 90 days ? Check where the school is registered.

Oh thank you, but I know these schools, olainter is in Chatuchat/Phahoyothin, and of course walen is also in bkk, the location is not the problem.

It's just that everyone seems to say that you can't get a visa with online Studying learning, That immigration just won't accept it...

I just wanted to make sure it was true, before taking my decision ...

Does anybody know of anyone having been refused a visa because the course was online ?

OR do the new crackdown (people must attend lessons) means that any online could will be from now on refused a visa ?

Hope it's clearer :)

Does anybody know of anyone having been refused a visa because the course was online ?

OR do the new crackdown (people must attend lessons) means that any online could will be from now on refused a visa ?

How would Immigration know if you studying online or not? As long as the school is licenced, such as Walen, and willing to provide documentation for the 90 day Extension of Stay, Immigration would be none the wiser.

At our school (not in Bangkok), local Immigration occasionally check attendance records. We require students to sign in when attending.

At our school (not in Bangkok), local Immigration occasionally check attendance records. We require students to sign in when attending.

Would have thought there would be a Computer log, which would show if you were online [iP address and times] is that not the Law in Thailand for companies anyway ?

Would have thought there would be a Computer log, which would show if you were online [iP address and times] is that not the Law in Thailand for companies anyway ?

yes that kind of record is far more accurate, than a scribble on a list.

• 2 months later...

there are others, even Walen do online with ED Visa.. http://www.thaiwalen...learnonline.php

Is this true? @(ED-VISA) 90-days extension of stay: Do I have to go to Immigration where the school is registered or where I am living or can I choose?

Is this true? @(ED-VISA) 90-days extension of stay: Do I have to go to Immigration where the school is registered or where I am living or can I choose?

I've sent you a PM. Learning online is very popular and Walen is providing quality Thai lessons online with a team of great teachers.

Walen School - teaching online.

"...and the authorities demanding that students actually attend lessons"

It's probably just that kind of attitude that generates new rules.

Surely you mean 'requiring' instead of 'demanding'.

"Sorry to be a pain..."

Not very convincing.

"I've sent you a PM. Learning online is very popular and ..... is providing quality Thai lessons online with a team of great teachers."

Can't help but notice there was no mention of visa extensions.

Edited by TerryLH

Terry, don't worry, if you are Walen we take good care of you. If you are not then let others take care of you.

Convincing or not, your decision. We have thousands of happy students in Thailand and our teachers are certainly some of the best this country can offer.

Walen School - thousands of happy students.

Posted by MacW in another thread.

"We do everything by the book as good relations with the immigration and the ministry of education are very important to us."

This question still hasn't been answered.

MacWalen, does your company issue the paperwork for a person studying with you online to get extensions from immigration?

If yes, you'd probably get a few more customers by saying so.

If no, nothing gained or lost by being transparent and saying so.

If yes, but not exactly by the book, then it's understandable why it's a PM matter.

PS

Generally, I've only heard good things about this/these schools.

Posted by MacW in another thread.

"We do everything by the book as good relations with the immigration and the ministry of education are very important to us."

This question still hasn't been answered.

MacWalen, does your company issue the paperwork for a person studying with you online to get extensions from immigration?

If yes, you'd probably get a few more customers by saying so.

If no, nothing gained or lost by being transparent and saying so.

If yes, but not exactly by the book, then it's understandable why it's a PM matter.

PS

Generally, I've only heard good things about this/these schools.

I would also be very interested in hearing the answer to this question, pm or publicly.