Sending Fax Out Of Gmail, Possible?

THAIPHUKET

I use http://faxaway.com

Free receipt of faxes and reasonable charges for sending.

They give me a US based number for the service

Just send your fax to [email protected] with faxdoc in the Subject

and an attached pdf file of what you want sent.

xxxxxxxxxx is the number you want to send to.

They match your account from the sending e-mail address

I use http://faxaway.com

Free receipt of faxes and reasonable charges for sending.

They give me a US based number for the service

Just send your fax to [email protected] with faxdoc in the Subject

and an attached pdf file of what you want sent.

xxxxxxxxxx is the number you want to send to.

They match your account from the sending e-mail address

Tks Astral,

only thing is I have to fax an application to the company first,

Perhaps easier access option are coming still.

@ MHT thanks as well, my requested area is not covered.

Edited by THAIPHUKET

If you only need to send fax (as I do for insurance) http://faxzero.com/ offers free service for up to 3 pages and $1.99 for paid service to US. Has worked 100% for me.

Thanks for that link Lopburi.

How fast are they on delivery? Do you get an acknowledgement of delivery?

I used to use a free service some years ago, then it just died away.

To be honest I do not need to receive faxes, but reliable delivery for the

few I send in a year is essential, as they are instructions to my bank!

I have used about a dozen times in the last three months and always get confirmation of success within 15 minutes (less on the pay version when I sent about 10 pages). All have been received as confirmed by my getting paid. I use my Canon scanner software to make the PDF file for upload and most have been the 3 page no charge.

For the past 2 or so years, I've taken photo images of signed documents and letters and emailed them without a problem. I even used it to settle an insurance claim. I'm not sure it'd work in all situations, but it might be worth trying.

I generally take a dozen or so photos of the document, as close as possible. Some with flash, some without. Then dump them to my computer and select the best one to send.

Haven't used it in quite a few years, but it's totally free.

TPC Fax

Link doesn't work, maybe they no longer exist?

Must have been down when you tried it. Worked fine when I posted.

The OP used it as well, (to see if his area was covered, which it wasn't).

Tried it again, and they are up and running.

While browsing said web site, I found this up to date FAQ for internet Faxing.

It lists quite a few commercial and free services. Wish I've stumbled upon this one earlier.

Edited by MTH

TPC Fax

That was the service I used years back.

I think they were experimenting with the idea.

Eventually the service became unreliable and has now died,

but other pay services take its place.

TPC Fax

That was the service I used years back.

I think they were experimenting with the idea.

Eventually the service became unreliable and has now died,

but other pay services take its place.

Not sure why you're saying that they're dead?

They are still up and running. See my response to PattayaParent.

Perhaps because he got the same response I just got when using the check coverage (as it requires a person to resend) to a US 1-410 valid fax number and that the web site seems to have been last updated 12 years ago.

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/tpcvrfy.pl was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.tpc.int Port 80

I've used GotFreeFax quite a bit for faxing within the USA - very fast and efficient. Free, up to two faxes per day and max of three pages each - plus a free cover page if you want it. You need to give them a valid eMail address where they'll respond to activate sending the fax that you uploaded to their website.

http://www.gotfreefax.com/

eFax.com will give you a free receiving fax number in the USA that forwards the fax to your eMail immediately after its received, but I don't think they advertise it. PM me if you need details

Thank you Surfrider,

I'm not after cheapies, happy to pay for good service. Looks very appealing, no monthly fee, etc.

Looks perfect for the unplanable and occasional fax.

Will study more to see if having a fax number here in Thailand is possible/ really needed.

Thank you Surfrider,

I'm not after cheapies, happy to pay for good service. Looks very appealing, no monthly fee, etc.

Looks perfect for the unplanable and occasional fax.

Will study more to see if having a fax number here in Thailand is possible/ really needed.

Windows 7 comes with a good free fax and scan application. You do have to have a phone line though. You can set it up to respond after a certain amount of rings. Or just do it manually. It will use the phone line that you got in your home. You can still use it for all your other stuff then.

Windows 7 comes with a good free fax and scan application. You do have to have a phone line though. You can set it up to respond after a certain amount of rings. Or just do it manually. It will use the phone line that you got in your home. You can still use it for all your other stuff then.

Your computer also needs a dial-up phone modem. Many desktops don't have one (a phone modem card usually has to be installed), but most laptops do have one. If you have a mobile phone that has an internal dial up modem and data cable, it can be used as well.

Windows XP also comes with a free FAX application that also uses a dial-up modem.

I use the Windows FAX program when I need/receive those occasional FAXs.

If I recall, Skype also provides a FAX service.

Edited by BB1950

As opposed to using an internal dial-up fax modem, USRobotics makes an external USB Fax modem:

http://www.usr.com/p...asp?sku=USR5637

However, if you're faxing from anywhere in the world to the USA, it's probably easiest to use one of the free Web-based services, like GotFreeFax.com Their international rates are also reasonable and you don't need an external phone land-line or Fax-Modem.

• 3 weeks later...

Fax from Google Docs with a new feature from InterFAX

As antiquated as fax machines may be by today’s standards, they’re still a staple of businesses everywhere. While there are some great options out there for doing Internet faxing, they all seem to be missing one thing – Google Docs integration. In an era where we all seem to be moving to the cloud, it’s been the missing link until today.

InterFAX, an Internet fax service that’s been around for quite some time, has today announced its integration directly with Google Docs. Want to fax off a Google Docs piece that you’ve been working on? Just click on a bookmarklet, enter the information and you’re done.

Better yet, the Google Docs fax service is included at no extra cost for existing InterFAX customers, and will be included in the standard pricing for new ones as well. Pricing is on par with other Internet fax services, with packages that have a lower per-page cost the higher you go.

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/08/16/fax-from-google-docs-with-a-new-feature-from-interfax/

Edited by saintofsilence

Check out Faxaway

Free incoming faxes, and reasonably priced outgoing.

They allocate you a US based fax number.

You just send an e-mail message to [email protected], where xxxxxx is the number

you want the fax to go to, and attach an image or pdf document.

Billing is based on the e-mail address you are sending from.

Incoming faxes come as an e-mail.

I have a $10 balance, automatically topped up from my credit card.