Apartment/Condo For 6-9K Per Month

CrankyCarrot

Hey,

Can anyone recommend an apartment in Phuket for around the 6-9k per month price range?

I'm looking for something in either the Patong/Kathu or Ao Chalong/Rawai area, that's fully furnished, relatively quiet at night and has A/C and wifi.

A bath tub would be an excellent bonus.

Cheers

The price range isn't too unrealistic -

I had an apartment in Chalong for 6k before, and another on the road behind Jungceylon (Patong) for 7.5k.

The former didn't have the net and the latter was great, except for the constant noise of tuk tuks rumbling by, stereos pumping 'til all hours. I heard someone mention an apartment with the lot, including a bath, for 8k somewhere up in the hills around Patong but unfortunately I don't have any way to contact him and I think he's left the country.

NB None of the above prices includes electric or water bills.

Edited by CrankyCarrot

I can heartily recommend Chaofa West Suites which is on Jaofa Soi 51 in Chalong. I have lived here for about a year and of the eleven years I have rented in Thailand, this is the best managed. There are a variety of apartment configurations at different rents. They are comfortable and nicely decorated. The best thing is that if there is ever a problem, the management and staff fix it without excuses or delays. Its quiet, has free cable TV and free LAN internet, and even has a roof top pool but no bathtub.

Edited by MrE

yep the apartments on the big buddha road, I think MrE is talking about the same ones...they are slightly small but very well equipped....there are 2 blocks there....if you actually take a ride further up the road you can find 2 bedroom houses for between 7 and 10k a month. some of them have phone lines so you can crank up the internet...you dont have an unreasonable budget...u just have to sniff around a bit and be prepared to pay a few months up front.... (low season crunch!!!)

Cheers guys,

Pretty happy with the apartment MrE suggested, which is in fact on the road leading up to Big Budda. Pool on the roof isn't quite big enough for laps, but certainly looks like a sweet place to kick back with a beer and enjoy the mountain views.

Staff were falling all over themselves to make sure everything was set up right as well, AND it very nearly came within my initial budget.

Ta

i will PM u... apartments/small bungalows in rawai... 1 bed,livingroom, bath,kitchen, small terrace, wifi, cable tv, washmashine... at the moment for 6 k a month....

not sure, if he has vacancy though..

also off sai yuan, small sois next to the moslem temple, small rooms/bungalows: ac, tv, fridge etc. for 4500 baht a month (for thai people, not sure about the rates for farangs...) quite small but nice/clean and good location

was driving through an area of Phuket town yesterday I wasnt familiar with. Plenty of condos/studios, newish, 5.500 baht month

Road from Central passing jail left side and land office right side, past Court and tennis ground, continue straight

Did they have Wi Fi and air conditioning

They are probably workers accommodation, one room with shower (probably cold water) a sink to wash dishes

and maybe a refrigerator, shared by more than one person, just a place to sleep

was driving through an area of Phuket town yesterday I wasnt familiar with. Plenty of condos/studios, newish, 5.500 baht month

Road from Central passing jail left side and land office right side, past Court and tennis ground, continue straight

Did they have Wi Fi and air conditioning

They are probably workers accommodation, one room with shower (probably cold water) a sink to wash dishes

and maybe a refrigerator, shared by more than one person, just a place to sleep

WiFi and AC, car park with plenty of red plates

places to sleep are 2000-3000 in Chalong and town

Next year Supalai condo projekt will be ready! then there will be plenty of really nice cheap quality condo apartments in Phuket Town! around 350 apartments being built now in central town drove by yesterday!

if they are as good as those in Bkk, maby i move!

They wont cost more then a 5000-6000tbh :whistling:

Wow, spoilt for choice. I see new condo-style buildings springing up all the time - especially in Patong.

A lot of people complain about the over-development of Phuket, but it sure works to the advantage of your average farang looking for a decent monthly apartment to rent.

I am paying 8,300 baht a month renting at the Royal Place Condominium (many free units available) opposite Tesco Lotus in Samkong (between Kathu and Phuket City). Very quiet (even though close to bypass road), 39 sq. m. apartment, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 living and 1 kitchen, 2 ACs, large swimming pool, gym, restaurant, 3 minute walk to Tesco Lotus, 5 minutes by road to Central Festival. I guess I got a very good deal (with a 1-year contract) because I see some owners in the same building asking 13,000 a month for the same size apartment. Asking price for buying is about 2,500,000. So I think renting at 8,300 a month is a better idea than buying for 2.5 mil...

@FBaa - sounds like a good deal, but I can't see myself committing to more than 3 months at a stretch.

Is the gym any good? How big is the pool?

Gym just opened 2 months ago, OK equipment including free weights, but no air con... Pool is excellent and large, seems to be about 20 metres (?) with jacuzzi massage jets (and beds) inside the pool. There are 4 units for rent only on my floor, and 7 floors in total. It's totally quiet at night in building 1. Building 2 closer to the road opened 1 month ago. Building 3 is just starting to go up now. Then I'm told they will have a 7-11 type store here too. For now you can go to Lotus, 3 minutes away by foot. Residents seem to be mostly Russians and a few Thais.

Almost every regular Thai gym I've used in Thailand has no aircon - sometimes you're lucky to get a fan! I was more referring to the range of equipment. I assume there's a bench and a long bar along with the freeweights? That and something to do pull ups on is about all I'd need.

20m pool - could be big enough to do some laps. I love the sound of all those jets and jacuzzi beds.

Is the 13k the other people are asking for a year-round price, or specific to low/high season? I'm sure if their 25 million baht property investments stay empty long enough, they'll be willing to negotiate on a rental fee. With all those extra buildings springing up it sounds like the renter has the upper hand.

Almost every regular Thai gym I've used in Thailand has no aircon - sometimes you're lucky to get a fan! I was more referring to the range of equipment. I assume there's a bench and a long bar along with the freeweights? That and something to do pull ups on is about all I'd need.

20m pool - could be big enough to do some laps. I love the sound of all those jets and jacuzzi beds.

Is the 13k the other people are asking for a year-round price, or specific to low/high season? I'm sure if their 25 million baht property investments stay empty long enough, they'll be willing to negotiate on a rental fee. With all those extra buildings springing up it sounds like the renter has the upper hand.

Errr no, there's a bench (of sorts) but no long bar, only small dumbells. Actually nobody ever uses that gym since it opened about 2 months ago because even if the temperature outside is as low as 26 C, inside the gym I have never seen the temperature lower than 29 C and is usually in the 30-31 C range, reading off the thermometer display on the machines. Working out at that temperature is pretty much impossible. I was paying 11K for 6 months rent, then negotiated it down to 8.3K a month paying 12 months in advance for a 1-year contract. You can find ads online with people trying to rent for 12 or 13K. However, judging by the number of units empty with signs on the door, they are having trouble renting them out here at that price. The rental value will probably drop after the big Tesco Lotus closes soon and relocates to Thalang. Ladyboy cabaret (Aphrodite) opening up next door in August with 100 katoeys may attract a different type of renter though.

The rental value will probably drop after the big Tesco Lotus closes soon and relocates to Thalang.

That comment caught my eye. You really think that the main Lotus Tesco shop is going to close and relocate to Thalang. That seems very unlikely as it's such a major store for Phuket City.

The rental value will probably drop after the big Tesco Lotus closes soon and relocates to Thalang.

That comment caught my eye. You really think that the main Lotus Tesco shop is going to close and relocate to Thalang. That seems very unlikely as it's such a major store for Phuket City.

I have this information from a reliable local Thai source. Tesco Lotus only had that land on a multiyear lease; the lease is due for renewal at the end of this year and the land owner is asking too much for the renewal. So it will likely become an empty lot, just like the large area of empty land opposite it. Tesco is already constructing the replacement in Thalang on much cheaper land. Very inconvenient, yes (and the store does do a lot of business) but that Tesco Lotus WILL be closing next year. They may regret that decision later, but Tesco wants to save money on the rent now. It sounds unlikely and I was surprised too when I first heard it, but ask around the local Thai people and you'll find that some of them know about it.

I have this information from a reliable local Thai source. Tesco Lotus only had that land on a multiyear lease; the lease is due for renewal at the end of this year and the land owner is asking too much for the renewal. So it will likely become an empty lot, just like the large area of empty land opposite it. Tesco is already constructing the replacement in Thalang on much cheaper land. Very inconvenient, yes (and the store does do a lot of business) but that Tesco Lotus WILL be closing next year. They may regret that decision later, but Tesco wants to save money on the rent now. It sounds unlikely and I was surprised too when I first heard it, but ask around the local Thai people and you'll find that some of them know about it.

So you really think that a major business like Tesco would only take a short lease on the land where they invest in a major mall ??? Sounds unlikely, but hey we will all have to wait and see ... B)

but ask around the local Thai people and you'll find that some of them know about it.

oh, you mean like the tsunami ghosts? I still have yet to see one even though the Thais know about them

@LivinginKata - Drove through your neck of the woods a bit earlier today to get in a swim and a run on Kata Noi before a storm (which failed to materialise). I wouldn't mind doing a stint there some time - any idea what the rent on a basic condo (1 bedder, aircon, wifi) goes for in those parts?

@LivinginKata - Drove through your neck of the woods a bit earlier today to get in a swim and a run on Kata Noi before a storm (which failed to materialise). I wouldn't mind doing a stint there some time - any idea what the rent on a basic condo (1 bedder, aircon, wifi) goes for in those parts?

If you are looking for a real condo in Kata then I very much doubt that your stated budget of 6-9K would be in the range of even a basic condo. You will get a basic guesthouse deal for that amount in the low season. A 'condo' 1 bedder, with all the expected extras (pool/wifi/view) would start at 15K, and more in the high season. No doubt you could secure a more basic home for much less.

Have been offered a newly-decorated house in Kamala for 6K a month - 1 bedroom with aircon, sitting room and kitchen, fully furnished. 600 baht a month for 3BB (a much better connection than any shared wifi that you will be offered). When you including electric (at government rates) and cable TV (360 baht/month) it will work out at 8K a month in total if I don't run the aircon day and night.

There's some good deals out there especially in low season, just ask all your Thai friends to look for a place for you,

Edited by modafinil