V-Kool Vs. Hi Kool

Hey,

Getting ready to take delivery of my new 320d Sport and the salesperson phoned today to ask about our tinting needs, I believe they call it 'film' here. She tells us if we go with V-Kool BMW will cover it for us a little bonus, if we choose to go with Hi Kool they will pick up 50% of the cost...

Is there really that much difference in quality? Does anyone have either of the two brands on their current car and if so what is your opinion of it, more so if its a few years since installed.

Thanks in advance.

I had v-cool fitted to my last BMW just before I sold it just to make it look better.

Looked great but night driving was terrible, it was just too darn dark.

Had a lighter v-cool film fitted to my new Fiesta , just one notch down, and its perfect.

I had v-cool fitted to my last BMW just before I sold it just to make it look better.

Looked great but night driving was terrible, it was just too darn dark.

Had a lighter v-cool film fitted to my new Fiesta , just one notch down, and its perfect.

What was the level of the original tint and what did you change to on the Fiesta?

Seems a lot of people have had the same problem with 'Night Driving' - pretty dangerous when you have to wind the windows down to see properly at night !!

I believe that in the UK there is a legal limit on the maximum amount of 'Tint' that you can have fitted and understand that this is to do with 'Identification of the driver' also have seen the same thing in Dubai where there were signs that you had to wind your windows down before entering certain areas - again one would assume that this is with regard to identification. Interesting to find out what the laws are like in other countries with regard to this subject just out of interest. Pal of mine had recently increased the 'tint' as he says that the BIB tend not to stop those with heavier tints - don;t know if this holds up or just somebody winding him up.

For best night viewing and heat protection;

Front door and windshield - 40% tint (60% VLT)

Rear door and windshield - 60% tint (40% VLT)

I recommend non-reflective films, those that do not have a mirror effect.

VLT = visible light transmission. Plain glass has about 80-90% VLT, blocks almost no light.

For comparision, in Singapore;

Front - 30% tint

Rear - 70% tint

in California;

Front - 30% tint

Rear - any amount

Edited by gabong