Buying In Udon Thani

hardhhhat

Just trying to find out if anyone here has had experience that they could share (good or bad) when trying/buying a house/land in Udon Thani?

I have contacted FBI Udon Real Estate and got some details but I would like to know the ins and outs of purchasing a house/land in that area. Any help would be appreciated.

HH - Wants to move to Thailand...

I think there was a thread in this section about real estate agent in Udorn.

The only complication for you HH is you cant own land, check out previous posts there are enough comments to fill a library.

Just a quick question for my curious mind, why woud you want to buy a house when you just built your own a year ago?

Sorry about lack of info - I am new to this site. I am married to a Thai and I am aware of the owning of land but it would be in my wife's name. Also, although we have built a house in Thailand it is a small village miles from nowhere and not much to do.. ok for me but when my family and friends visit it's not really what they want for a 2 week holiday - ok to see for a couple of days but that's about it. I love the place and can stay there but there just isn't much to do only about 200 people and the nearest decent town is 2 hours away. I appreciate your replies and will trawl through previous messages to get what I am looking for.

Sorry to have troubled you all. Please ignore any other messages I leave as I am obviously off the plot.

HH - :o

Guest IT Manager

Actually sounds like my place.

Order a car, buy a map, open a Chang and forget the buggers.

Don't share the Chang they won't appreciate its' value in a village.

Sorry to have troubled you all. Please ignore any other messages I leave as I am obviously off the plot.

HH

Hi HH

Now please do not get upset by the Sarcastic remarks of the Moderators.

They ARE ready to help - although at times one wonders why they are here!

Roger