Best Sg2 After Market Rom

luudee

I have seen alot of post around here about battery life and such so here are some of my test from the last rom i played with, http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1220283

Adjusting the voltages through Setcpu have given me pretty good results. My auto brightness was disabled and I changed when moving from inside to outside.

Here are the voltages with an on demand governor.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also use setcpu. Great little program! You create profiles and reboot. With the new lighting rom (6.1), it was always running 1900mhz. I slowed it down to 200 for offscreen and now I lose maybe 1 or 2 % a night. I use to lose 47%! Using 2.3.4 and the latest modem (KH3).

Im using the KH3 modem as well, it seems to be the best so far.

I also use setcpu. Great little program! You create profiles and reboot. With the new lighting rom (6.1), it was always running 1900mhz. I slowed it down to 200 for offscreen and now I lose maybe 1 or 2 % a night. I use to lose 47%! Using 2.3.4 and the latest modem (KH3).

Hi JSH,

do you still use KH3 ? Still happy ? Any downsides ? I desperately need to

replace the stock radio on my 9100T ...

Thanks,

rudi

Yes im very happy with it. Before I was using the KG5 which was for china and it also performed well. The wifi seems to be stronger for the KH3 but gps takes longer to lock (15 seconds) than the KG5, either way they are both better by a long shot when compared to the stock one on the i9100T

Hi JSH,

do you still use KH3 ? Still happy ? Any downsides ? I desperately need to

replace the stock radio on my 9100T ...

Thanks,

rudi

• 4 weeks later...

Just successfully built a jig to reset the download counter and rid that nasty little triangle. Only cost 53 baht bought it all at pantip. A 120k resistor, a 180k resistor and a micro usb cable. Works like a charm.

I was looking for the pin out on that. Could you share it with us or perhaps a link. I have already removed the yellow hazard icon but I would love to reset the counter as well.

Just successfully built a jig to reset the download counter and rid that nasty little triangle. Only cost 53 baht bought it all at pantip. A 120k resistor, a 180k resistor and a micro usb cable. Works like a charm.

I was looking for the pin out on that. Could you share it with us or perhaps a link. I have already removed the yellow hazard icon but I would love to reset the counter as well.

can be any combination im using a 120 and 180. It just has to equal 300

When you burn a non stock rom, it creates the triangle. Basically, it voids the warranty on the phone. With 3 100ohm resistors, you can take it off. whistling.gif

Actually I read that the magic number is 301k and that's why you use the 3x 100k is cause the leads make up the extra 1k. Personally I don't think the leads make up 1k but that's what they say at xda. I have read that as low as 295k will actually work.

• 1 month later...

I have been using Insanity which is a stripped down version of cyanogen the rom itself is only 47mb. I dont think i will be able to change to anything else. Everytime i try another rom it just feels slow. If you dont like spending time setting up your phone i wouldnt recommend it though, cyanogen is stable enough for daily use now, all the bluetooth and such are all fixed.

Still on KH3, lightning rom 6.1. The new cyanogen mod looks really nice. May change soon.

Been using cyanogenmod nightly 99 for a few days now and im thoroughly impressed. Bluetooth etc are all fixed and I would recommend anyone interested giving it a go. Also using xxki4 modem and the network speeds and battery seem to be better than kh3. I will report more later

Been using cyanogenmod nightly 99 for a few days now and im thoroughly impressed. Bluetooth etc are all fixed and I would recommend anyone interested giving it a go. Also using xxki4 modem and the network speeds and battery seem to be better than kh3. I will report more later

105 is out now. Are you still on 99 or have you gone up?

Still on 99 and working fine.

105 is out now. Are you still on 99 or have you gone up?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really? are you trying to plug a usb device in your phone or just trying to connect it to the computer?

I keep going back to lightning 6.1. Every time I flash a new rom, usb drive does not work. All is checked in development menu. Strange. I did flash cristalrom the other day and it was great.

Hi Guys.

I am confused.

I would really like to update my SG2 (AIS) to a newer firmware so as to take advantage of the enhanced battery life, and the ability to use Google chat voice / video features. I was considering a custom ROM, but some issues such as stability and the lack functionality (HD video and GPS support have been specifically mentioned) as well as access to Samsung Apps is putting me off this route.

(I am aware there is away to update Google Talk now my phone is rooted).

Would I be better installing stock SG2 the firmware from another region?

If so which region would you recommend, or should I just dio nothing and hope that Samsung will update the original firmware.

My main criteria are

1. stability
  2. Enhanced battery life
  3. No loss of functionality or reliability
  4. advantage of improvement offered in 2.3.5
  5. Retain Thai Language support

i use galaxyzeroS2 rom + kernal package ,android 2.3.6

no juice defender or power saving features enabled or installed

edge /3g /H+ on 24/7

getting around 18+ hours per charge with light to medium usage

quadrant scores 3990 ish and the phone feels very fast to use

i had juice defender ultimate and it does improve battery by 80% in my case but i disliked not being able to run the phone with the premium features

enabled so i dont use any aps to disable features anymore