Teaching Jobs

Lingba

I'm currently teaching English at a university in Phuket and considering a move to Hua Hin. Just wondering if anyone has any info on schools, teaching job possibilities...Of course I am looking at taking a brief scouting trip up there at some point to research the area and see if it's what I want but just wanted to put my feelers out and see if anyone had any thoughts.... I'm also like to exercise regularly and was also wondering what the fitness center/gym scene was like up there as well as steam saunas....doesn't have to be a fancy club as long as it has the basic free weight and machine equipment.

Thanks

I'm currently teaching English at a university in Phuket and considering a move to Hua Hin. Just wondering if anyone has any info on schools, teaching job possibilities...

All schools in Hua Hin and in surrounding areas are in session. Vacancies are filled. The first semester ends at the end of September. The seconds semester starts at the beginning of November. You might have more chance by then.

Hi,

as far as I know the new teaching terms begin in a month or two. There are a few schools around such as Insight English and WECI that run courses in August I believe. I was looking into this a while ago but never took the course in the end.

WECI told me that even if the term is already in session, they can usually find work for you teaching staff at hotels or other businesses, so I think there are always jobs to be had even if the terms have already begun. The other thing is that many teachers are backpackers that have stayed, and I've heard stories that sometimes they just leave mid term and therefore leave the schools and universities needing to urgently find teachers. Well I guess you already know this if you're already a teacher.

Recently in Cha am I met a falang guy who said he was a headmaster at a school near Bangkok. After talking to me about my experiences and qualifications (a degree in computer science) he said I'd be able to get a job (at his school or another) pretty much any time of the year, even without a TEFL course, just because of the demand and previous experience. Well, the upshot is, if you're looking for a job teaching around Hua Hin and Cha Am I think there are certainly opportunities, just have to look at the usually places such as ajarn.com.

I've a friend who teaches English at Stamford University, and another friend has a language school here. They're always looking for teachers so I'd have a look.

Thanks.

Edited by roly