Fax Problems To Thailand

jasonr3255

I have tried countless times to send a fax to the British embassy in Bangkok, first it makes the fax sound then disconnects. I then took the number to a local Computer shop in the UK who offers a fax service and hey presto the same problem. I thought I would try other fax numbers in Bangkok and the same problem. There is no way my fax machine is broken as it still sending faxes locally. And the local computer shop sends faxes all over the world daily.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem. Have bkk just changed dialling codes in the last 48hrs but why would the initial fax sound be heard..?

HELP HELP PLEASE

Edit: sorry, just read you have problems with all Bangkok numbers.

Sorry I don't have a solution, but just last night a hotel in the States tried to send me a fax at the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok and could not get through either.

So maybe the problem is here in Bangkok.

I wish I could help, sorry I cannot.

And I apologize for 'rodentwarrior's comment; some people just don't seem to know how to be kind and helpful.

Edit: sorry, just read you have problems with all Bangkok numbers.

Sorry I don't have a solution, but just last night a hotel in the States tried to send me a fax at the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok and could not get through either.

So maybe the problem is here in Bangkok.

I wish I could help, sorry I cannot.

And I apologize for 'rodentwarrior's comment; some people just don't seem to know how to be kind and helpful.

[/quote

It must be a Bangkok problem. Had a business in US fax me some documents to my sister-in-law at her office here in Pattaya. No problems, received them the next day.

Greg

I have had this problem on my own fax here in Bangkok - not able to receive international faxes, but able to receive local ones, and able to send locally and internationally. I can't remember the reason, (after calling CAT), but it seemed to make no sense. My fax always has sufficient paper etc, empty memory etc. But nowadays I rarely use it, as even here email has basically taken over.

If the receiving fax machine is out of paper, memory is full, etc, wouldn't the receiving fax machine not even pick up the call? The OP says the fax sound starts -- i.e. answers the call -- but then disconnects.

I often have to make several attempts to negotiate a fax handshake when sending faxes *from* Thailand to the USA. I have always assumed it's the quality of the signal that is too weak/noisy to make a solid fax connection. Usually I give up after 5 or 6 tries, and try the next day. The next day it connects, completes the handshake, and transmits the document with no problem. Go figure.